Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 441729 times)

memphis and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14600 on: March 05, 2021, 06:58:05 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/03/05/these-states-lifted-covid-restrictions-this-week---against-cdcs-advice/amp/

Forbes on states lifting restrictions. Imo the most interesting thing to watch the next month or so. Personally very bullish on the success of this.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: March 05, 2021, 08:07:50 PM »
Heard that they are doing a big chipping in Junction City at the high school this weekend.

[url]https://fox4kc.com/news/kdhe-and-hy-vee-team-up-for-covid-19-vaccination-clinic-in-junction-city//url]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: March 06, 2021, 01:57:03 AM »
:sdeek:

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/coronavirus/detroit-mayor-duggan-doubles-down-not-wanting-jj-vaccine-foreseeable-future
Kinda surprised Detroit has a white mayor
Duggan’s maybe a bit of a unique case because he replaced Kwame after he got put in jail and took Detroit out of bankruptcy successfully, but also, metro Detroit has been getting whiter for awhile now.
@bentren

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: March 06, 2021, 04:39:25 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/03/05/these-states-lifted-covid-restrictions-this-week---against-cdcs-advice/amp/

Forbes on states lifting restrictions. Imo the most interesting thing to watch the next month or so. Personally very bullish on the success of this.

Bullish on what? Did you intend to link a different article? What I got when I clicked that link left no room for optimism.
U.S. coronavirus cases and deaths plummeted last month after peaking in January, and millions of vaccines are reaching American patients’ arms every day, making some observers optimistic the country is moving in the right direction. Still, experts have remained cautious. When states tried to reopen businesses after last spring’s lockdowns, cases quickly shot up again over the summer and forced some states to clamp down again, and lax social distancing restrictions last fall were partly blamed for the country’s latest and most brutal surge. Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warns this latest loosening of restrictions could cause the country to recede back into yet another surge, continuing a yearlong pattern.

CHIEF CRITIC
Walensky said Monday she’s “really worried” states are moving too quickly to lift their social distancing rules. The country’s infection rate has leveled off in recent weeks, she said, and new variants are making the virus more contagious. President Joe Biden took a sharper tone on Wednesday, deriding Texas’ and Mississippi’s decisions to lift their mask mandates as “Neanderthal thinking.”

SURPRISING FACT
A CDC study Friday found mask mandates are associated with lower rates of coronavirus cases and deaths, and counties tended to see a gradual uptick in cases and deaths after lifting their in-person dining restrictions.

I don't think the mask mandates are a big deal at all because nearly every business, local or chain, will still have masking rules. I think the much bigger issue is unlimited dining and open bars.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: March 06, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »
For my research please tell me WHAT chip you get.  I will then follow up to see if you have died or if Bill Gates has kicked in your door.  For the men seeking to have kids, I will see if you are rendered sterile

yes all good catholics need to know before so call around and if you don't get an answer keep calling or maybe just don't get it if you don't know

This is a gE only study.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: March 06, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »
Japanese super computer says double masking doesn’t do much

https://news.trust.org/item/20210305030525-fscog

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: March 06, 2021, 11:18:51 AM »
 @MakeItRain just posted the article because it was a pretty current list of states reopening and how they are doing it. I didn’t link the article for support of my opinion

But yeah, I’m confident the states reopening will be a resounding success. Most of the states will soon follow and we can all go to concerts, indoor ball games, and do all sorts of fun stuff again. I’m looking forward to it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14610 on: March 06, 2021, 11:28:56 AM »
@MakeItRain just posted the article because it was a pretty current list of states reopening and how they are doing it. I didn’t link the article for support of my opinion

But yeah, I’m confident the states reopening will be a resounding success. Most of the states will soon follow and we can all go to concerts, indoor ball games, and do all sorts of fun stuff again. I’m looking forward to it.

I think the reopening states will be fine because people stop going out if cases go up with or without restrictions. Really the only difference between texas and California is a mask mandate and capacity restraints in restaurants and gyms and people in texas will stop going to those places if case counts rise. I'd be shocked if there are major differences to their economies, whether that constitutes a 'resounding success" is up for debate

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: March 06, 2021, 11:34:32 AM »
When you step back it's really baffling how masks became a political issue

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: March 06, 2021, 12:48:46 PM »
like what the eff is this crap

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: March 06, 2021, 02:34:18 PM »
It is very bizzaroworld

Online memphis

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: March 06, 2021, 03:32:17 PM »

Yea since it's like the least demanding mitigation.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: March 06, 2021, 03:35:04 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

it is almost literally the least you can do and any business will give you a free one if you don't have one

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: March 07, 2021, 07:59:46 AM »
You want a chip? Here is how you get one within a week. I've had At least 25 people I know use this method and succeed in less than 2 days

Find a pharmacy getting moderna/pfizer chips about an hour away from whatever bigger city. Rural locations seem to work best. Walmarts have been the honey holes. Talk to the local pharmacy via phone. Ask to be put on their waste avoidance list. They will call you when they have chips thawed they can't find arms to put them in. You will need to be there usually within a couple hours when they call.  You fill out a form that says waste avoidance so you aren't lying no matter what phase your state is in.

Pharmacist were walking up and down the store begging people to take it and everyone declined so a friend that was there called another friend to drive up and get them.

Report back when you succeed.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: March 07, 2021, 09:00:25 AM »
Another 2 million get jabbed today
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: March 07, 2021, 09:16:36 AM »
I don't talk to 25 people in total

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: March 07, 2021, 12:40:49 PM »
like what the eff is this crap

It’s like a fat person thing ?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: March 07, 2021, 06:04:13 PM »
The magas have turned to full on anti masking now.

And, DON’T MAKE ME FEEL BAD FOR NOT WANTING TO BE PART OF A GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENT VACCINE FACING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: March 07, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
You want a chip? Here is how you get one within a week. I've had At least 25 people I know use this method and succeed in less than 2 days

Find a pharmacy getting moderna/pfizer chips about an hour away from whatever bigger city. Rural locations seem to work best. Walmarts have been the honey holes. Talk to the local pharmacy via phone. Ask to be put on their waste avoidance list. They will call you when they have chips thawed they can't find arms to put them in. You will need to be there usually within a couple hours when they call.  You fill out a form that says waste avoidance so you aren't lying no matter what phase your state is in.

Pharmacist were walking up and down the store begging people to take it and everyone declined so a friend that was there called another friend to drive up and get them.

Report back when you succeed.

I appreciate this information.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: March 07, 2021, 06:29:40 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow bucket is one of the 2 million
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: March 07, 2021, 06:30:51 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow bucket is one of the 2 million

:crossfingers:

Probably worth posting in the Flyertalk board so it gets more eyeballs.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: March 07, 2021, 09:58:19 PM »

It really is, that being said, I cannot wait til I don't have to anymore.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors