Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050782 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14550 on: March 13, 2021, 08:05:10 PM »
America is going to throw on helluva 4th of July party this year bro’s.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: March 13, 2021, 09:05:02 PM »

^ Biden ^

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: March 14, 2021, 03:19:05 PM »
Does Fauci know what a plateau is?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/14/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

Even though daily new cases have dropped since January, "over the last couple of weeks, they've plateaued," said the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
"When you see a plateau at a level as high as 60,000 cases a day, that is a very vulnerable time to have a surge, to go back up. That's what exactly happened in Europe."

Since cases went back up slightly after the arctic blast, the seven-day moving average has fallen every day since February 25.  That's sixteen consecutive days of a falling seven-day moving average.  The seven-day moving average on February 25 was 71,754.  For March 13 it was 55,486.  That is a 22% drop, not a plateau.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: March 14, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
He is like 80 years old and can’t find his keys most days

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: March 14, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »
fauci's such an idiot

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #14555 on: March 14, 2021, 04:10:56 PM »
Our nation placed it’s faith in either Trump/Pence/Atlas or Cuomo/Fauci.

Meanwhile, in the real world, we have a vaccine that is enormously effective and it is getting sent out at a pretty good clip and no one in charge is communicating clearly about this thing being almost over.

What a crap show.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: March 14, 2021, 04:12:19 PM »
Our nation placed it’s faith in either Trump/Pence/Atlas or Cuomo/Fauci.

Meanwhile, in the real world, we have a vaccine that is enormously effective and it is getting sent out at a pretty good clip and no one in charge is communicating clearly about this thing being almost over.

What a crap show.

Biden sort of did but people took offense to his Fourth of July stuff

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: March 14, 2021, 04:17:25 PM »
He had so many qualifiers. The message should be— if you got the vaccine, raw dog the world. If you didn’t, get it so you can raw dog.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: March 14, 2021, 04:41:37 PM »
his message is basically correct, you idiots.  the rate of decline in new cases has been declining and it's associated with people relaxing coronavirus avoidance behaviors.  don't relax until you're vaccinated is the right message.

don't be the last person to die of a cured disease.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: March 14, 2021, 04:56:10 PM »
his message is basically correct, you idiots.  the rate of decline in new cases has been declining and it's associated with people relaxing coronavirus avoidance behaviors.  don't relax until you're vaccinated is the right message.

I don't really think Fauci is an idiot

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: March 14, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »
I don't really think Fauci is an idiot

ok, not you then.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: March 14, 2021, 06:40:26 PM »
I understand the message, but it does create some tension in areas where people are anxiously awaiting vaccine eligibility while others might fudge their demographics to grab one early. There’s no perfect approach but I think any message about “we’re not out of the woods yet” should include specific details on how vaccines will be made available to everyone.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: March 14, 2021, 06:54:02 PM »
specific details on how vaccines will be made available to everyone.

it would be great if that information was widely available.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14565 on: March 14, 2021, 08:08:59 PM »

I think he should've been replaced because of the credibility issue around his messaging on masking. I also think what you are saying is right, BUT THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGING! 

I have the vaccine and while I can make individual choices that I wouldn't have previously, the messaging has not been clear at all in terms of what me being vaccinated means.  I understand they want to be a bit cautious, but having really clear societal benefits for those that are vaccinated, then promoting the hell out of it and celebrating a return to normal for those that are vaccinated would do a hell of a lot more than hemming and hawing about whether there might be a handful of asymptomatic cases that get spread by vaccinated people. 

What is Fauci responsible for if not being the public face/messenger of this thing?  He is doing a terrible job.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: March 14, 2021, 08:15:28 PM »
KK, start planning and promoting chip'd FattyFest 2021 and be the face of EMAW vaccination.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14567 on: March 14, 2021, 08:46:21 PM »
I think he should've been replaced because of the credibility issue around his messaging on masking.

polls consistently place fauci as one of the most popular/trusted persons in american govt.

I also think what you are saying is right, BUT THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGING! 

I have the vaccine and while I can make individual choices that I wouldn't have previously, the messaging has not been clear at all in terms of what me being vaccinated means.  I understand they want to be a bit cautious, but having really clear societal benefits for those that are vaccinated, then promoting the hell out of it and celebrating a return to normal for those that are vaccinated would do a hell of a lot more than hemming and hawing.

yeah, i agree with that, there has been a systemic failure to laud the benefits of vaccination.  the recent communication from the cdc is an improvement but it's still underselling vaccination benefits.

tbf, we still have many, many more people waiting in line for vaccines than vaccines available.  so there's probably still quite a bit of time to transition to better messaging.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: March 14, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
Most people are too stupid to understand the deserved criticism that Fauci has received over the years.   They do not understand the gain of function issues, the implications and the fact that Fauci did an end run around U.S. policy regarding that research.    Most American's are also too stupid to fully understand the continual contradictions that Fauci put into the marketplace of policy, ideas and national direction with extreme regularity relative to SARS-Covid-19.

The @sys of the world are too bot like  to comprehend this.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: March 14, 2021, 08:54:16 PM »
I think he should've been replaced because of the credibility issue around his messaging on masking.

polls consistently place fauci as one of the most popular/trusted persons in american govt.

I also think what you are saying is right, BUT THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGING! 

I have the vaccine and while I can make individual choices that I wouldn't have previously, the messaging has not been clear at all in terms of what me being vaccinated means.  I understand they want to be a bit cautious, but having really clear societal benefits for those that are vaccinated, then promoting the hell out of it and celebrating a return to normal for those that are vaccinated would do a hell of a lot more than hemming and hawing.

yeah, i agree with that, there has been a systemic failure to laud the benefits of vaccination.  the recent communication from the cdc is an improvement but it's still underselling vaccination benefits.

tbf, we still have many, many more people waiting in line for vaccines than vaccines available.  so there's probably still quite a bit of time to transition to better messaging.

Is the most trusted person in American Govt really a poll? It is wild that you know that stuff off the cuff.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: March 14, 2021, 09:23:12 PM »
Is the most trusted person in American Govt really a poll? It is wild that you know that stuff off the cuff.

no, not specifically, but a bunch of polls have included fauci among political figures in the last year.

it makes sense that a not explicitly partisan person would outpoll partisan figures, so maybe he's no more trusted than some other random general or something.  but like, if you have a choice of having fauci deliver a health message or a partisan politician, fauci has broader credibility.

i'd kinda be interested in gottlieb's number, but i don't think i've seen him included.  he's probably much less known.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: March 14, 2021, 09:50:21 PM »
That comparison is apples to coconuts.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: March 14, 2021, 10:22:13 PM »

no, not specifically, but a bunch of polls have included fauci among political figures in the last year.

it makes sense that a not explicitly partisan person would outpoll partisan figures, so maybe he's no more trusted than some other random general or something.  but like, if you have a choice of having fauci deliver a health message or a partisan politician, fauci has broader credibility.

i'd kinda be interested in gottlieb's number, but i don't think i've seen him included.  he's probably much less known.

I feel like that is pretty worthless information

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: March 15, 2021, 03:27:39 AM »
That comparison is apples to coconuts.

you're probably right, it's less meaningful than i implied.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: March 15, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
We’re so close.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk