Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1067913 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13975 on: February 04, 2021, 08:23:14 AM »
The global pandemic marches on, look for more rolling back on expectations from iPOTUS Biden's staff communicated via teleprompter

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55900625

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: February 04, 2021, 09:32:42 AM »
The global pandemic marches on, look for more rolling back on expectations from iPOTUS Biden's staff communicated via teleprompter

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55900625

update on cases/deaths?  Dlew?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: February 04, 2021, 09:36:44 AM »
Hospitalizations probably the best one to pay attention to. Heading in the right direction finally. Still grim obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: February 04, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
Hospitalizations probably the best one to pay attention to. Heading in the right direction finally. Still grim obviously.

FWIW, KU closed one of their covid ICU units.   :thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: February 04, 2021, 01:22:14 PM »
pretty good since biden?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13980 on: February 04, 2021, 02:15:10 PM »
Thank you Joe Biden for fixing this plandemic
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: February 04, 2021, 03:15:21 PM »
Thank you Joe Biden for fixing this plandemic

it took him awhile, but seems to be working.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: February 04, 2021, 03:48:07 PM »
Folks, there’s still a chance we could get slammed pretty good by one of the variants here in the coming months

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: February 04, 2021, 03:48:37 PM »
Folks, there’s still a chance we could get slammed pretty good by one of the variants here in the coming months

yes

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: February 04, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »

FWIW, KU closed one of their covid ICU units.   :thumbs:
That's good news. I've been amazed at their ability to expand capacity during this.

please, no

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: February 04, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »

yes

No

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: February 04, 2021, 04:17:47 PM »
It is important that people not fall into the mindset that anything short of eradication is a failure at this point. My guess by late summer we’ll only be talking about hospitalizations as the metric to watch, and that they will be nowhere near the levels we saw during most of the pandemic.

As far as I know, we have reason to believe that the current vaccines may not be as effective at stopping the spread of some of the variants, but I also don’t think we have any reason to believe those variants will put vaccinated people in hospitals.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: February 05, 2021, 12:43:49 PM »
Interesting video.  Most of you won't watch it because it's from Fox News, most of you will make fun of it because it's from Fox News and because you're Low IQ political dogma driven prejudicial dorks who only parrot what's in lockstep with your personal lunatic political paradigm. 

Before you watch, read this again, from the story I was posted from NY MAG.

In 2011, a tall, confident Dutch scientist, Ron Fouchier, using grant money from Fauci’s group at NIH, created a mutant form of highly pathogenic avian influenza, H5N1, and passaged it ten times through ferrets in order to prove that he could “force” (his word) this potentially fatal disease to infect mammals, including humans, “via aerosols or respiratory droplets.” Fouchier said his findings indicated that these avian influenza viruses, thus forced, “pose a risk of becoming pandemic in humans.”

This experiment was too much for some scientists: Why, out of a desire to prove that something extremely infectious could happen, would you make it happen? And why would the U.S. government feel compelled to pay for it to happen? Late in 2011, Marc Lipsitch of the Harvard School of Public Health got together with several other dismayed onlookers to ring the gong for caution. On January 8, 2012, the New York Times published a scorcher of an editorial, “An Engineered Doomsday.” “We cannot say there would be no benefits at all from studying the virus,” the Times said. “But the consequences, should the virus escape, are too devastating to risk.”

------------------------------------
Hoping to smooth over controversy by showing due diligence, the National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity, founded in the BioShield era under President Bush, paid a consulting firm, Gryphon Scientific, to write a report on gain-of-function research, which by now was simply referred to as GoF. In chapter six of this thousand-page dissertation, published in April 2016, the consultants take up the question of coronaviruses. “Increasing the transmissibility of the coronaviruses could significantly increase the chance of a global pandemic due to a laboratory accident,” they wrote.

-------------------------------------
teven Salzberg, a professor of biomedical engineering at Johns Hopkins, said, “We have enough problems simply keeping up with the current flu outbreaks — and now with Ebola — without scientists creating incredibly deadly new viruses that might accidentally escape their labs.” David Relman of Stanford Medical School said, “It is unethical to place so many members of the public at risk and then consult only scientists — or, even worse, just a small subset of scientists — and exclude others from the decision-making and oversight process.” Richard Ebright wrote that creating and evaluating new threats very seldom increases security: “Doing so in biology — where the number of potential threats is nearly infinite, and where the asymmetry between the ease of creating threats and the difficulty of addressing threats is nearly absolute — is especially counterproductive.” Lynn Klotz wrote, “Awful as a pandemic brought on by the escape of a variant H5N1 virus might be, it is SARS that now presents the greatest risk. The worry is less about recurrence of a natural SARS outbreak than of yet another escape from a laboratory researching it to help protect against a natural outbreak.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/coronavirus-lab-escape-theory.html

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6225847837001#sp=show-clips

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 01:05:50 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: February 05, 2021, 02:24:12 PM »
Makes sense Dax

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: February 05, 2021, 02:43:59 PM »
okay!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: February 05, 2021, 05:13:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/bethmalicki/status/1357819382441852930

Just like everyone predicted, the pandemic ends right after Biden gets elected

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: February 05, 2021, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm jealous they had a state wide mask mandate

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: February 05, 2021, 11:04:22 PM »
I'm jealous they had a state wide mask mandate

lol, we didn't. In fact this is all complete hot air, total bullshit. Masks aren't even required in state buildings here. The state house and senate are currently in session but nearly all of the democrats are working remotely because the republican majority refuses to wear masks and the leadership won't even make them wear masks in session when most of these legislators are olds.

Her mask mandate was a suggestion that people wear masks inside public places, this didn't come until November after nearly all private businesses already had mask mandates for months. There was no penalty applied, and like I said, she didn't even mandate masks in her own damn capitol building.

Same thing with the restaurants and bars. They were open at full capacity until Thanksgiving when she mandated social distancing but these came with no capacity limits or penalties.

I don't know about large group limits, but I can tell you that all youth sports, including indoor high school sports, had no fan restrictions when we were the first in the country to bring high school sports back in June. There were only capacity limits from late November to early January.

She's routinely prevented municipalities from enacting their own COVID restrictions, it was part of her emergency proclamation last March and she's used her bully pulpit to enforce it, I wonder if that will continue.

Finally this week she's been holding press conferences to publicly criticize Joe Biden because Iowa is 47rh in the country in vaccines received. Never mind that Biden has been on the job for two weeks and her guy trump is responsible for the distribution to this point.

Also never mind that of the tiny amount of vaccine we've received, her state has only put 60% of those vaccines in arms, good, or bad, for 46th in the country.

This bitch sucks, and I hate her, she's killing people. We have 1300 more deaths and like 20,000 more cases than Kansas.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: February 05, 2021, 11:12:05 PM »
Update. The state of Iowa currently has 191,000 unused vaccines. :curse:

Also there is speculation that she lifted her toothless restrictions so restaurants and bars can increase capacity for super bowl Sunday.

Oh, the state also has forced 100% capacity in schools starting on Monday.

If I die of COVID someone please promise me that in my tribute thread someone will call Kim Reynolds a dumb [redacted].

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13995 on: February 06, 2021, 06:04:04 AM »
Yeah, I’ll make that happen MIR. Don’t die just in case though.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: February 06, 2021, 08:05:44 AM »
I think we all deserve to see our own tribute videos. Why waste it on us after we are gone?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: February 06, 2021, 05:54:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1357954947594215431

It'd be nice to see more places do this if the federal government won't.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: February 06, 2021, 06:49:28 PM »
Yea sad to see Biden failing so hard on this
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: February 06, 2021, 07:55:31 PM »
I found out yesterday that one of my best employees is not only a black anti-vaxxer but she's a conspiracy theorist. She legitimately thinks that the vaccine is a plot to kill black people. I asked her about all of the white people who got the vaccine and she thinks they are willing to sacrifice some white people to get rid of us.

So I changed the subject to music. I asked her the last concert she's been to, she says "my and my daughter went to Chris Brown." I said incredulously "you still listen to Chris Brown?" Then she drops on me that Rihanna deserved to get hit and all of the other public fights he got in were set ups.

I then just turned the conversation back to work then bounced :buh-bye: