Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068523 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #12525 on: December 08, 2020, 05:06:44 PM »
It was an exceptionally stupid meltdown, even by dax standards

There is nothing more stupid then arguing on behalf of a vaccine that requires super refrigeration, has a short shelf life and requires two doses, in lieu of a vaccine that only requires standard refrigeration, a single dose and has a 90 day shelf life. 

Then to throw in the foreign vs domestic card was just classic.    :lol: :lol:

But you're not capable of engaging on this in any way that that even approaches a level of intelligence, so I don't know why I even pay any attention to your dumb ass.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: December 08, 2020, 05:24:29 PM »
Dax. Trump admin denying they were offered to buy more. Probably should get in the same talking point.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: December 08, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »
lmao, Gottlieb was on CNBC this morning and said Pfizer offered them more MULTIPLE times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: December 08, 2020, 05:54:49 PM »
lmao, Gottlieb was on CNBC this morning and said Pfizer offered them more MULTIPLE times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you guys suuurrree?

Nah we good. Kick rocks.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: December 08, 2020, 06:00:59 PM »
I wish Pfizer had proposed selling these chips directly to gE.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: December 08, 2020, 08:48:24 PM »
Big Pharma offering to sell more drugs to Federal Government . . . gE simpletons stunned!!

Nothing says a great use of money like spending billions more on one particular vaccine when you've also invested billions more on other vaccines that are following on in short order.   Particularly in lieu of the fact that that the first vaccine requires the maximum of amount of logistical resources in order to distribute and store, and requires people to (in most cases) leave their homes twice in order to get injections.

Only the dumbest of the dumb continue to hold to the Pfizer talking point.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: December 08, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »
Big Pharma offering to sell more drugs to Federal Government . . . gE simpletons stunned!!

Nothing says a great use of money like spending billions more on one particular vaccine when you've also invested billions more on other vaccines that are following on in short order.   Particularly in lieu of the fact that that the first vaccine requires the maximum of amount of logistical resources in order to distribute and store, and requires people to (in most cases) leave their homes twice in order to get injections.

Phil is being hysterical as per usual but it could end up being a big deal if we have to slow our distribution or use a less effective vaccine.  You trying to poo poo an extremely effective vaccine is a little weird and talking about the cost is hilariously dumb.  At the moment it’s still tbd on whether this matters.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: December 08, 2020, 09:20:53 PM »

Phil is being hysterical as per usual but it could end up being a big deal if we have to slow our distribution or use a less effective vaccine.  You trying to poo poo an extremely effective vaccine is a little weird and talking about the cost is hilariously dumb.  At the moment it’s still tbd on whether this matters.

The word
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: December 08, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »

Phil is hysterical now let me make the exact same point. Goodness kim.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: December 08, 2020, 09:43:03 PM »

Phil is hysterical now let me make the exact same point. Goodness kim.

You’re prematurely freaking out about what could happen

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: December 08, 2020, 09:44:30 PM »
You and dax are the same person but on opposite sides of the aisle

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: December 08, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »
kim carnes don't say "as per usual". it's a flashing neon light saying "pseudo intellectual" which is the opposite of what you are shooting for. "as usual" or the more douchy "per usual" but absolutely never "as per usual". this is a non-covid protip to everyone here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12540 on: December 09, 2020, 06:15:38 AM »
Why is that an oh no?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: December 09, 2020, 07:03:43 AM »

It’s fine
:adios:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: December 09, 2020, 08:38:29 AM »
is this one of those "this bridge is 99.99999997% safe...I think i'll swim across" kinda things?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #12543 on: December 09, 2020, 09:08:36 AM »
You’d think so. Just about any vaccine comes with a minuscule number of people who react negatively. It’s usually small enough they can’t really say if it was the vaccine or a coincidence I think.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12544 on: December 09, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »
Any numbers on how many caught autism?   :rolleyes:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: December 09, 2020, 09:47:29 AM »
I haven't read the details about how they determined this but the Astra vaccine appears to be better at preventing transmission versus the Pfizer one is better at you getting symptoms.  Interesting.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-08/astra-shot-better-at-stopping-covid-than-slowing-transmission

Says it's based on asymptomatic cases but not sure how that translates into being better at someone with the vaccine "spreading" it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: December 09, 2020, 10:19:12 AM »
some t-cell immunologist phd guy was on CNBC this morning saying the moderna one is trash because of science things

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: December 09, 2020, 10:23:19 AM »
some t-cell immunologist phd guy was on CNBC this morning saying the moderna one is trash because of science things

Oh no my $MRNA!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: December 09, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »
is this one of those "this bridge is 99.99999997% safe...I think i'll swim across" kinda things?

Shouldn't or couldn't this be interpreted as a let's get out front of a potential unforeseen issue?
“But If we need to strengthen our advice, now that we have had this experience with the vulnerable populations, the groups who have been selected as a priority, we get that advice to the field immediately," she said.

Raine’s comments came as part of a general discussion of how her agency will continue to monitor people who receive the Pfizer vaccine, which waas authorized for emergency use last week.

Needing to strengthen advise less than 24 hours after a vaccine is first administered certainly isn't modus operandi.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: December 09, 2020, 10:40:06 AM »
You’d think so. Just about any vaccine comes with a minuscule number of people who react negatively. It’s usually small enough they can’t really say if it was the vaccine or a coincidence I think.

old, semi maga hypochondriacs will bitch about anything to get attention.