Author Topic: Gems of the 2019 Farmageddon Game Thread: We Are Your Overlords  (Read 5233 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Gems of the 2019 Farmageddon Game Thread: We Are Your Overlords
« on: November 30, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »
Greetings, Qhuat fans! It's Farmageddon night, which means we are celebrating yet another edition of Iowa State drinking our blood in a game that means very very little to us but unfortunately means the world to them. Your old pal SB went on CycloneFanatics.com and mined all 100 pages of game thread so you and DLew don't have to! Here's the Skinny :wink: on what those fanatical fanatics were thinking as we effortlessly dispensed with them like an annoyed big guy flicking a bug off his shoulder.

LOTS of pregame excitement.
Let's win this ****.

Yes. Let's.

No more picking up flags on obvious penalties or any other of the bizarre crap that’s happened down there. Go Cyclones!

I think we win down in BSFS because our running game keeps improving and Brock Purdy keeps getting better and more accurate with our passing game....ISU 31-KSU24.....and remember GO CYCLONES!!

Quote from: SerenityNow
Lots of good football today. Let's finish it off with a victory by the good guys.

Purdy plays like last week and defense flushes their performance from last week, and ISU wins...35-24.

Serenity now...insanity later.

It's hammer time!

Prescient. (And precious :D )

From what I hear of prices at Atlantis, that stack of empty cups represents enough money for a deposit on a house in some corners of Iowa.
Tourism/cost of living double smack?!?

Let’s give Matt Campbell a nice birthday (yesterday) present and get this W!

Corn>Wheat
:curse:

Look at the stats for this year since last year's stats are meaningless. Iowa State has the top rushing defense in the Big 12. KSU has the worst in terms of yards per carry. If this comes down to the running games, ISU has a huge advantage.

The closer kickoff gets the more I am realizing I have unaddressed PTSD from the last time we played down there

https://twitter.com/KingMarch2/status/1200835051103096834
lul ok

GAMETIME! 1ST HALF:
We're wearing our Christmas helmets!!!

Youngblood takes it to the house on the opening kickoff:
Well that's a sucky start

Welp

Not an ideal start.

Lol, k then

Block in the back not called. Figures
INJECT

Just like 1999.....I have looped video of that play in my head with the Big12 referee just blatantly staring at a block in the back and not calling it.
Anyway, nice start. Looked like Walden's guys out there on special teams.
MOAR

They alway have an illegal block or two, it is the risk they are willing to take. Stupid play by ISU coaching staff.

really

LOL!!

WTF helmets

Hesitate to pin a jinx on The Godfather, but ... He just finished reciting K-States kickoff return stats as ISU was teeing it up. Did not need to hear about that...
Who?

Oh how do you like that KSU?!?!?! That's what it feels like when you think you have a penalty and then the head official says nope!

When I think prime rib, I think Golden Corral.
:confused:

Oooof. That's a horrendous punt

Shankapottamus

I guess

McDonald was held AGAIN on that sack. Every play.

Memphis here we come
Curve City, USA does not want you and your stinky ilk

Sometimes Iowa State looks like the best team in the Big 12.... And sometimes they look like the worst team in the Big 12.... Hoping to see the other half of them soon..

It would be good for our coaching staff to remind the referee on their side(and the white hat when he can) that it is a "point of emphasis" that they call the offensive holding penalty.

Does anyone else think that proposal was of the shotgun variety?
I missed it. Was this another SHEEEE SAAAAID YESSSSSSSS situ?

Fair catch with Kstate closest player being 10 yards away. This is total bs.

Wouldn't be kstate if there wasn't some uncalled pi.
Happens on average about 3.14 times per game WINK i don't get it

I’m turning this game off. We’re done. If we don’t immediately get ahead by double digits I just can’t.
I mean it was like the 1st quarter still

No the officials missed that illegal play. Running routes past the first down marker is also illegal. Officials letting KSU get away with all kinds of illegal ****.

Men against boys, and we are not the men.

Saturday night's alright for fighting.
hey hey hey WHAT is going on here??

11 gets trucked out of bounds and he gets the penalty. I already know how this game is going to end.
They all complain about the refs all game so maybe I should just stop posting those.

At 6:48 pm:
So when does Iowa State take the field?

Wow can tell Campbell hasn’t had his head in this game all week and has been prepping for Interviews.

Why does every single ref crew ever suck. Name the last good one, regardless of sport.

These Fuc**** have taken our lunch since the 82 game. Win and we go bowling. And they sucked big time that year. That was the Quinn and Crutchfield year. Tied Oklahoma. Nope. Lost.
Munch munch, bitch

I don't understand why we always try to complicate things more than needed. This is not fu****g iron bowl. Only ISU could make KSU look like some powerhouse every year.
Also KU!

After our second TD drive (did it go 98 yards? Am I remembering that correctly?)
Pack it up boys, try again next year.

Getting dominated at the LOS. With that said, we have them right where we want them.

KSU will really put it on us this quarter with the wind.... you know.... like we needed to do to them in the 1st qtr when we had the wind and started two possessions on like the 50 yd line.

I know I already said this game was over, but it's now looking like we might just get trucked. KSU would love nothing more than to play in 50 mph winds every game. That is totally their kind of game.

Would be nice to be proud of our team once in a while. Players and coaches efforts both suck.

Purdy blah, blah. Horrible decisions continually cost us drives and games.
:frown:

It's not new that we lose to teams like KSU but how we lose makes us laughing stock

Forfeit. Trash.

Fire everyone, cut purdy, cancel the football program, blow up the stadium
@FBI

We might legitimately not score this game and lose by 50.
Don't worry, friend. You're only down 14-0 and there's plenty of time still for your 'clones to go on a run before half, tie it up to get you all excited, eventually take the lead to fill you full of false hope, and then send you crashing back down to earth in the pathetic flooded hovel you call your home.

Pathetic. Fortunately there are some "I Love Lucy" reruns on tonight.

To quote the great Huey Lewis, "Sometimes, bad is bad."

Holy punt

Thoroughly unprepared and getting absolutely owned. Terrible job so far. The positive is the team has shown time and again they can come back.

If this team was was mediocre at the details they would be in the CFP hunt.
LOL WHOAAAAAAAAA

I'm starting to wonder if CMC was interviewing for the FSU job this week and the team knew about it or something? Seems we weren't preparing for the game at least, and it looks like the players don't give a s**t.

I'm gonna go rake the snow

At least our punter can beat up their punter
Excuse me, our punter is buff as crap and he's my favorite player on our whole team so stfu

We can dig ourselves a pretty bi g hole but I'm telling you I think we're going to win this game by a field goal. 27-24

ISU scores its first TD to pull it to 14-7:
Great job boys! Now sack up and let's get into this thing.

Oh great - NOW Comcast decides to patch my box. Like, they couldn't do that at 3 in the morning or something.
Katdaddy, no!

K State fans are freaking stupid...

They are toxic. Especially at the game in Ames last year. Surly is another good example

how does 77 get away with the hold on EVERY PLAY?!?!
ISU gamethreads are mostly this.

...'Clones tie it up 14-14 before half...
So glad we didn't cancel the program between quarters.

JFC guys put your tiny dicks away.
SMDH at these 'clones and their image shaming. Also, wuuuuuuut?

HALFTIME IS HERE!!

Got the 14 points so I feel good. Don’t remember what the stat is but we are really good if we score 14 in the first half. We are much better in the second half.

Someone could get a lot of internet points for going through game threads and making a thread with the highlights
:D :D :D :D :ump:

Ain't nobody got time for that!
You are correct, this takes rough ridin' forever

3RD QUARTER IS UNDERWAY:
3rd and 13 and a 1 yard pass. WHY

Uwasariwke!!!! (or whatever....)
:opcat:

KSU is 105th in rushing yds allows per attempt. How can we not run the ball on them?
Because *Robert Plant voice* we areee yourrr....overrrrrrlords....

Wtf with the plays, we have nothing better than this?
no

KSTATE has Courtney Messingham as OC---who was a disaster under Rhoads.

We can't lose to this bum
you will

HE RAN INTO A CYCLONE WALL!

They get an Assalley field goal to go up 17-14, but we quickly tie it up again.
I hate playing KSU.

Are we surprised at how this game is going? Always painful playing these guys.

So evenly matched. Iowa state will win the 4th Quarter.

Is Snyder sucking the life force from that baby to live longer?

Is that baby tonight's sacrifice?

LHC Bill Snyder is totally taking some of that baby's life source away.

Seen this show at least a million times against the f’n wildcats. Makes me vomit because I know what’s coming.

Close game in Manhattan huh...gee wonder how this will turn out?

Feeling the bad vibes creep right in on this one. Prove me wrong ISU.

Not to mention that on the replay it shows Akers never even touched the returner anyway.

This game is not going to end well though. It's at KSU and the vampire is in the house and it's a night game to boot.

Call the hold there. Wow that was bad

(pee on this stick)
This is making me sick

yet another hold

Where's the HOLD?

Call the hold there. Wow that was bad

I ******* hate Kansas State

a lot of uncalled holding on that drive.

Call holding once you *****

why do I ever watch this game.
Cuz u a cuck whoa lol sorry

This is just as soul sucking as vampire ball, if not more so. I've seen this film before.

Do we have what it takes to pull out a win? On the road in **** weather against a team that's owned us for years?

Every part of me says No. But I still have the tiniest bit of hope.
abandon that

Getting beat is one thing, having your manhood ripped from you really sucks.
Ow, my balls!

Is there a point of emphasis to not call holding this year?

a lot of uncalled holding on that drive.

"a lot of uncalled holding on that drive."
ALL GAME!

A lot of times they'll call that.... but not against an ISU opponent.
They are so delusional and butthurt. Doing this every couple of years really is an alarming exercise. I worry about their mental health.

Guess they are not going to call holding on KSU tonight

holy **** refs call the damn hold!!!

My goodness the holding on this drive though

Been that way all night.

I get that holding can be called on every play but my god can we get it called ever. Teams like KState and Iowa hold all game. It’s why their lines are “so good”.

I must be in the minority but I still have faith in this team. Games not over. Not yet anyways.
I mean, it almost is. Hard to tell exactly what the score was here at this point in the game thread, but it was at 8:57 pm so it's probably the point in Farmageddon where all ISU fans have the taste of bile creeping up late in the 4th quarter.

Obvious hold against Rose gave them that TD run. We are getting beat up front on both sides of the ball right now

Jesus Christ Rose held right at the point of attack as obviously as you'll ever get. Again, football officials at all levels are so incompetent and worthless at their jobs. Just get rid of officials and penalties. Games will be no worse than they are now.

I have my garlic by K-State on the big screen ever since they showed LHC Bill Snyder. Anyone else?

Another embarrassing lose at the hands of K state

Imagine how good Iowa State could be in general with a little ******* discipline.
...still probably not that good?

This game is a comedy of errors by us. KState should be embarrassed this game is even in doubt. We look like we have never played football before.

Again, does this surprise anyone? When was our last win at K-State?
2004. And before that? Who knows. 1992? We are your overlords.

BLAKE LYNCH SEALS A NEAR-CERTAIN QAT DUB WITH A FIELD GOAL TO GO UP 10:
and that one does it. Can’t wait for the freakin Liberty Bowl

Goodnight folks, there is the dagger, wow a 10 point lose, the biggest lose of the season to Kstate, lolllll

Can we re-hire Messingham?
yes

14 point lose coming up
This ZuriCyclone guy CANNOT spell loss.

Most disappointing Cyclone football season in my life.

1st time Big 12 coach going to out-win us. Sucks.

I ******* hate K state
overlords

Headline: KSU runs the ball 95 out of 96 plays. ISU doesn't catch on, loses.

ZuriCyclone chimes in again:
Biggest lose of the season is to Kstate, what an embarrassment by Tom Manning coached offense

16 straight runs. Just an absolute ass whooping.
That is the absolute worst a** beating you can take in the game of football. When the opposing team is going to run the ball on every play, and you know they are going to run the ball on every play.... and they still run it right down your f'in throat.

Perfect weather for KSU and their senior laden team with very good lines. Gusts of 50mph with snow now. Tough to throw in either direction. Ksu will take a huge step back next year
Still gonna beat you, dweeb

We are a finesse team. Finesse teams don’t do well in bad weather.
Pfffffffffft

ZuriCy:
True you get a double digit lose to KState and 4 combined loses for 11 points, enjoy that ,,,,

Glad I wasn’t planning on going to the bowl game this year. This team is trash.

I won’t be heartbroken if Campbell goes to FSU after this debacle.
Yeah bro I dunno if that's gonna happen.

We have played this way lol year long. Have yet to see any consistency on either side of the ball. Most disappointing season I’ve ever experienced. At least it wasn’t another nut kick one point loss.
Ow, my balls!

Imagine losing a college football game in 2019 when your opponent only completes FIVE passes.

Imagine thinking that anyone other than Iowa State would be the team to lose like that

So glad this season is almost over. This was not an enjoyable team to watch. The last two years the teams were legitimately fun to watch win or lose. These guys are so damn hard to watch with some of the crap they do in these games. Just one time. ONE TIME. Can we as Cyclone fans get to enjoy a magical season like what Minnesota and Baylor had this year? And no I am not going to just go all Cubs fans and wait until next year, it's coming. This fan base more than any deserves one season of pure magic like KU under Mangino.

Wish we would’ve hired Klieman instead. I prefer their style of football. Get ready for another 10+ losing streak. Not much of a rivalry.
We do not agree to be your rival

Elf is on TV for those interested

Monster hold on the edge again on that play

If the coach keeps Tom and does not go get a competent OC, Kstate will continue to be our daddy.

It’s funny this is supposedly one of our best teams ever and we are still losing to k State with a new coach and a down OK State amongst other terrible efforts.

Sorry for the loss guys. I feel bad for all of us

Amazing, KState, of all the teams, the only one we hold a long time winning record against. I never expect us to win this game any more. Honestly, I felt better going into OU the last 4 years than I did KSU. It's really ******* sad.

We have a decent coach but unfortunately K-state has a better coach again. In year one K-state beats our established coach - I'm sure I'm being rash but severely disappointed.

I’ll never understand why Iowa state continues to be Kansas states bich. It’s ridiculous.
Have I mentioned that we are your overlords?

Games disappointing but when i saw the wind was gonna be 40 MPH i automatically gave them a huge boost. KSU will either win or lose - in normal conditions, we beat that team badly. But, kudos to them, mother nature was on their side and they did what they had to do... as much as i hate it - HELLO CHEEZ IT BOWL.....
:dubious:

Probably the worst in game coaching of the Campbell era and maybe beyond.

Boys I have witnessed this type of football from ISU since 1962 ....This is just typical Iowa State Football!

I mean, you guys didn't expect a different outcome playing down there, did you? I wasn't excited for this game at all....in fact, I was dreading it. Opted to just catch up to it on DVR and watch other games for a while rather than watching live like I do practically all other games.

K-State just has our number. We pretty much always play like **** against them, and yes, I know all of the games over the past 10+ years have been close, but we just kill ourselves with penalties and stupid play calls all game long against them. Every time. We finally made a few plays last year but had to scratch and claw that win out against a clearly inferior team, while we were at home. And although K-State is once again inferior this year, if you didn't know we'd go down there and lose.....well, you haven't been watching ISU football long enough yet.

KState was bending their ears back most of the game.

Klieman is going to be a problem for us in this league

I agree with the cup cake process at KSU. It’s what they do in b-ball and football.
You're the biggest cupcakes on our schedule every year, dorks

we got Kstated

this game was a total slap in the face. What a ******* pathetic showing.

Worst ISU in the new Campbell era, this a game you win going away. So disappointed and I am not a basketball fan, time to hibernate.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:48:39 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Gems of the 2019 Farmageddon Iowa State vs. K-State Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 11:02:40 PM »
 :impatient:
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 01:28:42 AM »
Thank you.  I took a peek at the game thread on CF and saw that it was 2000 posts -- I was dreading this. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 01:31:00 AM »
I spent as much time reading the game thread as I did watching the actual game.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Gems of the 2019 Farmageddon Game Thread: We Are Your Overlords
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 06:26:25 AM »
You delivered big time SkinBen.  I was disappointed it ended the way it did, took a little bit of the angst out of their message boarding.  I didn’t think ISU fans could get any less confident and more losery but they really outdid themselves this year.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 08:42:17 AM »
Thanks for the gems.

On the plus side, flood aggie doesn't talk about how much the conference sucks and works against them.  They attributed a fair amount of their bad luck to LHCBS.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
My favorite one

Seen this show at least a million times against the f’n wildcats. Makes me vomit because I know what’s coming.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 09:11:56 AM »
Great work.  Loved the Rich Belding reffery.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 09:50:21 AM »
I've never once complained about uncalled holding in my life. Uncalled PI? Sure I've complained like a little bitch. Holding? Nope.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 11:14:56 AM »
Excellent work SB. I can only imagine the effort it took to mine those gems was probably a lot like those guys in Chernobyl who had to take shifts shoveling radioactive material off the roof. Please tell me you took you iodine pills before going in there?

Also just curious in those 100+ pages of game thread they love mentioning no calls on holding but did they even acknowledge their tight end (or maybe he was a big WR? I really dgaf) pushing off like every dang time a ball was thrown his direction?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
Great entertainment as always.  I really LOL at these posts:

Someone could get a lot of internet points for going through game threads and making a thread with the highlights.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:25:49 PM by Katdaddy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 01:03:51 PM »
Thank you for this
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »
As for the constant whining it's legitimately in their culture. The fans get their cue from their media and athletic director. To Campbell's credit he doesn't whine about that stuff but proud paul sure in the hell did. They don't have a significant segment of the fan base willing to push back, they think constantly crying is normal fan behavior.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 02:00:48 PM »
The whining is incred. Honestly happy I get to experience it
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 02:03:47 PM »
Thanks SB
Anyone know if they complained that much about reffing prior to their loser administration publicly complaining about it?

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 02:13:01 PM »

These Fuc**** have taken our lunch since the 82 game. Win and we go bowling. And they sucked big time that year. That was the Quinn and Crutchfield year. Tied Oklahoma. Nope. Lost.

This guy must be my age to have pulled out this bitter memory even though its fuzzy.

FYI... 81 was the Dewayne Crutchfield game we beat them when they were ranked in Manhattan 10-7, and we were redshirting all of our good players.  82 we beat them in Ames 9-3 propelling us to our first bowl game ever.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
ALWAYS feels good to take Iowa State's lunch, no matter the circumstances.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 02:33:57 PM »
Two from the nushaggy thread that I enjoyed (1 page)

Pregame
Two shall be at plow in the field; one shall be taken, and the other left.

Post game
Matt Campbell is 1-7 in rivalry games. This is the golden age of ISU football, but that’s a bitter pill to swallow
Also some pictures of this guy's Busch light and clone cave basement
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
Thanks for this.  You aptly captured their obsession with holding.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 05:35:32 PM »
That was probably only hapf of the total posts about holding.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 07:48:17 PM »
How could that ZuriClone guy type "lose" instead of "loss" so many times?  It couldn't have been the same typo every time so he has to think that's how you spell 'loss'.  I lol'd and was fascinated by that part of the 'Gems' thread.  Thank you SkiBen.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
How could that ZuriClone guy type "lose" instead of "loss" so many times?  It couldn't have been the same typo every time so he has to think that's how you spell 'loss'.  I lol'd and was fascinated by that part of the 'Gems' thread.  Thank you SkiBen.

yes that was amazing

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 10:48:23 PM »
Agreed that was the gem of gems

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 08:09:39 AM »
expected more ref blaming honestly

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 08:12:39 AM »
This being their golden age makes me feel sad.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.