Author Topic: Mattress.  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
Mattress.
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
Was at Sams today and they have a memory foam mattress for $450.00 the thing has 6 reviews, all great.  I am having a time finding much out about the differences between Tempur Pedic and off brands.  Any one have any knowledge on this subject?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Mattress.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:06:30 PM »
Wouldn't buy a no-name brand.  Stick with Tempur Pedic, Simmons, Sealy, etc.  We have a Simmons memory foam and love it.  I will never be able to go back to a regular mattress again. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
they make me sweaty.  Have you used one before?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »
Wouldn't buy a no-name brand.  Stick with Tempur Pedic, Simmons, Sealy, etc.  We have a Simmons memory foam and love it.  I will never be able to go back to a regular mattress again. 

SD is going to disagree with me but one of the thicker memory foam pads are just as good.  SD's other bed is a big pile of money so he just went ahead and got the real thing

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »
they make me sweaty.  Have you used one before?

I'm a hot sleeper and mine doesn't bother me :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 03:38:40 PM »

SD is going to disagree with me but one of the thicker memory foam pads are just as good.  SD's other bed is a big pile of money so he just went ahead and got the real thing

I DISAGREE WITH YOU!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 03:39:37 PM »

I DISAGREE WITH YOU!

:frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »
have a cheap memory foam pad.  makes my super cheap, old, really shitty mattress feel like the lap of luxury.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
I guess I wasted everyones time.  We got home and the Mrs. talked me into going back and getting it.  I checked with them and we can return it within 30 days for a full refund.   I have heard there is a break in period on memory foam which takes a couple of weeks.  I'm going to ride this baby to day 29 and if not completely happy I will just take it back. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »
If you can get memory foam for that price I'd say it's a no-brainer. You're going to end up wearing it out/making it disgusting within 5-8 years anyways so just go with whatever's cheapest.
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »
I guess I wasted everyones time.  We got home and the Mrs. talked me into going back and getting it.  I checked with them and we can return it within 30 days for a full refund.   I have heard there is a break in period on memory foam which takes a couple of weeks.  I'm going to ride this baby to day 29 and if not completely happy I will just take it back. 

If you return it, make sure you and the mrs stain it well.   :fatty:

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
I'm going back to the waterbed myself. Nothing else is proven to increase sexual prowess like sleeping on a waterbed. :gocho:
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 08:54:05 PM »
I'm going back to the waterbed myself. Nothing else is proven to increase sexual prowess like sleeping on a waterbed. :gocho:

I used to sleep on a water bed.  I think the heat in the winter time is the reason that I'm not supposed to be able to have cildren.
 :runaway:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
Must report back on this cheap ass mattress in less than 30 days. 

I am looking at getting one and need to know level of shittyness.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 11:28:30 PM »
Have a SleepZone mattress.  Love it.  It is warmer than a normal mattress, so you may have to get used to sleeping with fewer covers.

There are disadvantages to them.  But since most of the people here don't have girlfriends or wives, I won't mention what it is.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 12:41:31 AM »
Have a SleepZone mattress.  Love it.  It is warmer than a normal mattress, so you may have to get used to sleeping with fewer covers.

There are disadvantages to them.  But since most of the people here don't have girlfriends or wives, I won't mention what it is.

lol. So true.
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 07:31:18 AM »
We've got a Tempur-Pedic.  Love it

We drink a lot of wine in bed and when we start dancing it is nice to know that the glasses won't topple over.  For me, that peace of mind was worth the extra bucks.  That, and the fact that is was developed by NASA.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2021, 08:25:08 AM »
Guys, can we talk pillows? I'm in a multi year pillow funk where I have tried about every kind and can't stay committed to one. I like a "heavy" pillow that I can fluff a bit and my head will sink about half way down on my way to sleepy land. I'll find one of these every once in a while, but after like a month, its flat as crap. I had the best pillow ever for years, but it finally got gross so I threw it out. Can't find a similar one. I also enjoy Marriott pillows and contemplate stealing one every time I find a good one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2021, 08:34:14 AM »
Guys, can we talk pillows? I'm in a multi year pillow funk where I have tried about every kind and can't stay committed to one. I like a "heavy" pillow that I can fluff a bit and my head will sink about half way down on my way to sleepy land. I'll find one of these every once in a while, but after like a month, its flat as crap. I had the best pillow ever for years, but it finally got gross so I threw it out. Can't find a similar one. I also enjoy Marriott pillows and contemplate stealing one every time I find a good one.

you can buy the hotel branded bedding and pillows usually. google it.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2021, 09:44:47 AM »

I've thought about this. The issue is that Marriotts have 2-3 different type of pillows on the bed at any given time. (I have HMIQ). It usually takes a night or two for me to figure out which one is the best, so I wouldn't know which to order. I guess I can just give it a shot and throw them in my current giant pile of crappy pillows.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2021, 10:12:27 AM »

I've thought about this. The issue is that Marriotts have 2-3 different type of pillows on the bed at any given time. (I have HMIQ). It usually takes a night or two for me to figure out which one is the best, so I wouldn't know which to order. I guess I can just give it a shot and throw them in my current giant pile of crappy pillows.

Just take one home with you next time you find one. I doubt they'll bill you for it but if they do, you're buying the pillow you want.

You can also see if there's a law label that should have some identifying information. Might be useful, might not but at the very least it can tell you the factory it came from and importer of record

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 11:05:29 AM »

Just take one home with you next time you find one. I doubt they'll bill you for it but if they do, you're buying the pillow you want.

You can also see if there's a law label that should have some identifying information. Might be useful, might not but at the very least it can tell you the factory it came from and importer of record

There is probably soft and firm on the bed so figure out which you want and ask for extra pillows of that type then steal one like Mich said.  99% you don't get charged for it.