Author Topic: attendance  (Read 5142 times)

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: attendance
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 01:47:13 PM »
Going to games used to be fun.

Then $5 parking became $50. Food/concessions/alcohol is expensive as the athletic department seeks to milk every penny of revenue out of it.

It's just not enjoyable to constantly feel ripped off.

You must not go anywhere if you think our concessions are expensive.

"Less than other places" does not mean "not expensive."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 01:50:14 PM »
who gives a crap about concessions, do what robert does if it's that big of a deal

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2019, 02:06:22 PM »
Can you imagine thinking, “I’d love to go drive a couple hours and go to this football game, but now it costs $20 for my Coke, hot dog and ‘chos instead of $14 like it did in ‘03. I think I’ll stay at home.”?
:adios:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:48 PM »
Saturday was the first game I have attended in 11 years.  I was blown away by how easily we found parking, found tailgate, got into the stadium, seats, etc...  I was a bit disappointed by the food options in the East side club level but whatever.  The seats were great. The gameday experience was VERY enjoyable. 

The game was dog crap though so I'll probably wait another 11 years. 

I did notice the stadium seemed about 2/3 as full after the half. Crowd looked good from my seats at kickoff.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Notre dame just ended a 273 game sellout streak.  People aren’t going to football games in the same numbers anymore. Millennials are killing yet another industry.

I think they're spending all their time and entertainment dollars on hating the "boomers"...   thus, no time for frivolous activities like cheering on the Cats in person.

:dunno:
Ok, Boomer

:shakesfist:
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »
Can you imagine thinking, “I’d love to go drive a couple hours and go to this football game, but now it costs $20 for my Coke, hot dog and ‘chos instead of $14 like it did in ‘03. I think I’ll stay at home.”?

Right? If you're spending money on concessions anywhere, it's safe to say you aren't doing it to hunt for bargains.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »
We park in the campus lots for free and just walk over like cheap asses.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2019, 11:04:01 PM »
I honestly don't see myself ever going to a game again, what a hassle. No thanks

Going to games is infinitely more fun to me than watching them on TV. The sights! The sounds! The pageantry! The IRL 'tatergrape people-watching! Lighthearted but sometimes kinda serious jawing with opposing teams' fans!

Same. Going to Cats games is one of my very favorite things to do on this earth if I'm being honest. I just can't get enough of going berserk for the Cats in person. I love high-fiving my neighbors and getting as many people around me to go crazy too. Also, booing. I love booing.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 11:10:43 PM »
I do miss the booing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2019, 12:42:13 PM »
I honestly don't see myself ever going to a game again, what a hassle. No thanks

Going to games is infinitely more fun to me than watching them on TV. The sights! The sounds! The pageantry! The IRL 'tatergrape people-watching! Lighthearted but sometimes kinda serious jawing with opposing teams' fans!

Same. Going to Cats games is one of my very favorite things to do on this earth if I'm being honest. I just can't get enough of going berserk for the Cats in person. I love high-fiving my neighbors and getting as many people around me to go crazy too. Also, booing. I love booing.

Infintely better than watching it on tv
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2019, 03:28:42 PM »
...when we win.