Author Topic: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich  (Read 15668 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 09:27:42 PM »
instead of waiting in line for a chicken sandwich tonight I repotted a plant which had grown some mold on the top of its soil.  and there is no chicken sandwich better than shake shacks so what’s the point

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 09:44:06 PM »
I've still only eaten at the shake shake at New York New York in Vegas, multiple times.  I walked but one in NYC but haven't ventured to the one in KC, YET!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »
I had one yesterday. Waited in a short line that took thirty minutes. They were out of the spicy. It was good but like most things, absolutely not worth the hype. Tasted a lot like chick-fil-a but more breading and bigger.  :dunno:

The spicy ones are supposed to be the good ones though

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 10:54:35 PM »
I had one yesterday. Waited in a short line that took thirty minutes. They were out of the spicy. It was good but like most things, absolutely not worth the hype. Tasted a lot like chick-fil-a but more breading and bigger.  :dunno:

Obviously this renders waks review invalid.  What we need is more boots on the ground.  gE GET THE eff IN LINE AND GIVE US SOME ACTUAL DECENT HONEST BOOTS ON THE GROUND REVIEWS OF THIS THING!.  Thanks.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »

Obviously this renders waks review invalid.  What we need is more boots on the ground.  gE GET THE eff IN LINE AND GIVE US SOME ACTUAL DECENT HONEST BOOTS ON THE GROUND REVIEWS OF THIS THING!.  Thanks.

Youngblood and Herron
https://twitter.com/chris_herron19/status/1191389500146106369

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2019, 11:09:22 PM »

Youngblood and Herron

If Popeyes would have been in what was the Arby's when I was still in school....I would be 400lbs.  I would have eaten there every day.  Thank goodness the Doughboys Pepperoni Rolls had my attention ONLY twice a week during that time.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 11:23:40 PM »
instead of waiting in line for a chicken sandwich tonight I repotted a plant which had grown some mold on the top of its soil.  and there is no chicken sandwich better than shake shacks so what’s the point

Why anyone would go to shake shack and get anything other than the smoke shack is beyond me

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2019, 02:42:16 AM »

Why anyone would go to shake shack and get anything other than the smoke shack is beyond me
Omg I'm learning so much! I've had Shake Shack twice -- once at LAX when I was delirious from a Vegas bender, stuck on a layover and once in NYC when I was 21 and drunk enough that I don't remember it much.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2019, 08:28:16 AM »
I was reading an article about the best burgers in NYC and there was one that was described as a mash up of In-N-Out and shake shack  :Wha:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2019, 08:54:29 AM »

Youngblood and Herron

That is the best thing I've seen on the internet in a long time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019, 08:58:32 AM »
I use to house spicy chicken sandwiches at Wendy's back in my fat HS days. I guarantee these bad boys aren't anything close to them. Just a social media storm.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 01:53:33 PM »
ok i had it and my review is the same as waks, good and very overhyped. i think i had spicy but it wasn't that spicy.

props to popeyes for taking the world by storm.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019, 01:56:55 PM »
How long was your wait time and how many fights did you have to endure?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »
i hit it at the right time, drive thru. ordered and had it in under 10 minutes, though they did try to give me a giant bag of food incorrectly.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019, 04:20:30 PM »
They opened a new one in Salina last year. The service is always slow, but damnit they are nice and always hook me up with extra tendies and fries.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »
They opened a new one in Salina last year. The service is always slow, but damnit they are nice and always hook me up with extra tendies and fries.

i went to it last night at 5:30pm, there were zero people in line and a nice lady wished me a good evening.  total bullshit popeye's experience imo.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2019, 04:32:49 PM »

i went to it last night at 5:30pm, there were zero people in line and a nice lady wished me a good evening.  total bullshit popeye's experience imo.

That whole town's gone soft.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »
I was reading an article about the best burgers in NYC and there was one that was described as a mash up of In-N-Out and shake shack  :Wha:

Shake Shack is ass

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2019, 06:23:55 PM »
I use to house spicy chicken sandwiches at Wendy's back in my fat HS days. I guarantee these bad boys aren't anything close to them. Just a social media storm.

Spicy Asiago Chicken Sandwich is heaven

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »
I went to Popeyes at the Nashville airport and they were out of sandwiches but I love Popeyes so nbd. Anyway I was eating it at my gate and this white lady was talking to her coworker described going to Popeyes at peak sandwich as a "cultural experience" because most of the customers were black.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2019, 08:02:38 PM »
I've still only eaten at the shake shake at New York New York in Vegas, multiple times.  I walked but one in NYC but haven't ventured to the one in KC, YET!
there’s one in leawood too now

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »

:horrorsurprise:
line wrapped around the building tonight at 6:30
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2019, 09:44:54 PM »

Shake Shack is ass
We disagree a lot, but this my be the most substantial instance
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2019, 07:15:07 AM »
I went to Popeyes at the Nashville airport and they were out of sandwiches but I love Popeyes so nbd. Anyway I was eating it at my gate and this white lady was talking to her coworker described going to Popeyes at peak sandwich as a "cultural experience" because most of the customers were black.

Jesus