Author Topic: Roll Call! Lawrence road trip?  (Read 10592 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Call! Lawrence road trip?
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2019, 08:44:10 AM »
The only time lawrencians see their “airport” is the once a month they drive out to the dirty strip club just past it so they can smoke their cigarettes indoors. Being on I70 gives Lawrence’s a crap ton of truckers, strip clubs, gas stations, drugs, homeless people and multiple Walmart’s that are needed to support them. Lawrence is basically big junction city with a college. Kind of gross tbh but topekans do seem to enjoy the night life there so they have that going for them. And yeah, why build an actual airport when you can just load up the el Camino and drive an hour to the big city? I mean that’s pretty typical Lawrence thinking for you I guess.

@mikec2w

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2019, 09:43:36 AM »
is it true if ksu cats win tomorrow, they will have as many big 12 wins in lawrencetucky as ku over the last decade?  no way that's possible

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 09:58:22 AM »
is it true if ksu cats win tomorrow, they will have as many big 12 wins in lawrencetucky as ku over the last decade?  no way that's possible

Confirmed. If we win, this will be true.

KU has home Big XII wins in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2018 for 6 total.
K-State beat KU in Lawrence in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017 for 5 total. One more and we tie.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:20:12 AM by PurpleOil »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 10:18:10 AM »
spracs, no need to take your  :curse: about having to drive for an hour past rows of corn and coal fired power plants to get to an airport out on us.
Me? I drive 10 minutes to Love Field, so I'm not really jelly of anyone's airport setup. Also, I seem to recall the drive to MCI being more like 40 minutes from Lawrence. Really no reason to build a commercial airport. Would be nice, though.

Oh, we’re talking about Dallas now?

Weird
Hey bub, you're the one who brought "me" into the equation. I made a general observation about the airport situation in Larry v. Manshitdick, based on sound and cogent principles, which no intellectually honest person could reasonably refute. The first person to introduce my personal travel situation into this thread was you, kitty, by implying that I have to deal with the travails of living in and travelling out of lowly Kansas. I was entitled to rebut your erroneous argument. So, really, you raised the issue. I just concluded it. Thank you. Next.

Are you serious right now? I already gave you a list of why your trash airport is not even in the same class as Manhattan. No, literally, the FAA does not classify them as the same. Lawrence is on the same playing field as Chanute, Emporia, and Liberal. Besides, you're not even really talking about the whole airport, you're talking about the terminal. I'm talking about heated hangers, private lounges, runway condition and size, grabbing my AR, a few bottles of wine, and walking out to MY chocked and fueled plane while you stand in line to get fingered by the TSA. Can you even get an Uber to take you to Lawrence from MCI?

Manhattan is setup to fully accommodate public and private air travel. Lawrence, well, they've got some pumps you can pull up to if you're low. Thanks for visiting.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 10:27:20 AM »
Why do you need a gun at the Manhattan Airport?  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2019, 10:27:32 AM »
It's a little sickening to see Lawrence's "airport" belittled like this.  It would be nice to see someone on this board acknowledge that the Lawrence "airport" is home to a first class crop-dusting operation that I'm not sure Manhattan can match.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:28 AM »

Lol, depends on where I'm headed next and what I want to do when I get there! I don't plan on shooting up the place if that's what you're implying.

If you remember, the old Wichita terminal had signs welcoming incoming hunters and explained where they could go to pick up their firearms they flew with. The new terminal is still cool with all that, but they don't broadcast it like they use to. Try that at a place like DFW and you'll draw attention to yourself.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2019, 10:49:56 AM »
spracs, no need to take your  :curse: about having to drive for an hour past rows of corn and coal fired power plants to get to an airport out on us.
Me? I drive 10 minutes to Love Field, so I'm not really jelly of anyone's airport setup. Also, I seem to recall the drive to MCI being more like 40 minutes from Lawrence. Really no reason to build a commercial airport. Would be nice, though.

Oh, we’re talking about Dallas now?

Weird
Hey bub, you're the one who brought "me" into the equation. I made a general observation about the airport situation in Larry v. Manshitdick, based on sound and cogent principles, which no intellectually honest person could reasonably refute. The first person to introduce my personal travel situation into this thread was you, kitty, by implying that I have to deal with the travails of living in and travelling out of lowly Kansas. I was entitled to rebut your erroneous argument. So, really, you raised the issue. I just concluded it. Thank you. Next.

Are you serious right now? I already gave you a list of why your trash airport is not even in the same class as Manhattan. No, literally, the FAA does not classify them as the same. Lawrence is on the same playing field as Chanute, Emporia, and Liberal. Besides, you're not even really talking about the whole airport, you're talking about the terminal. I'm talking about heated hangers, private lounges, runway condition and size, grabbing my AR, a few bottles of wine, and walking out to MY chocked and fueled plane while you stand in line to get fingered by the TSA. Can you even get an Uber to take you to Lawrence from MCI?

Manhattan is setup to fully accommodate public and private air travel. Lawrence, well, they've got some pumps you can pull up to if you're low. Thanks for visiting.
Why do you guys keep acting like I (a) live in Lawrence, and (b) am defending the Lawrence airport? I repeat myself: if Manhattan were closer to a commercial airport, it would have no need to have its own. Being that it's in the middle of nowhere, it's a nice perk to have. I'm happy for you goofs.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
It's a little sickening to see Lawrence's "airport" belittled like this.  It would be nice to see someone on this board acknowledge that the Lawrence "airport" is home to a first class crop-dusting operation that I'm not sure Manhattan can match.

I'm not sure I would call it first class...

https://www.wsfa.com/2019/09/02/pilot-killed-crop-duster-crash-franklin-county/

T's & P's though

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »
 :facepalm:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2019, 11:14:51 AM »

Lol, depends on where I'm headed next and what I want to do when I get there! I don't plan on shooting up the place if that's what you're implying.

If you remember, the old Wichita terminal had signs welcoming incoming hunters and explained where they could go to pick up their firearms they flew with. The new terminal is still cool with all that, but they don't broadcast it like they use to. Try that at a place like DFW and you'll draw attention to yourself.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here....  Spracs is pimping his "good job" that affords him the abilty to party it up in uptown and enjoy the amenities of our "commuter airport", DAL.   

Those of us who don't get a W-2 for making others dreams come true, typically fly out of DFW.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2019, 11:21:29 AM »
I’m now considering flying in to Pak with the 8s. Does Lawrentucky have an airport yet?

They do, but don't expect anything like MHK, private or commercial. Oh wait, you can't even fly commercial out of Lawrence, nevermind. Still, the FBO isn't all that, the ramp can be filled up quickly whenever a big game is being held, and Uber sucks.

My ticket plans are to still grab some freebies that they're handing out right before kickoff, or grab a pair off of stub hub for $20.
If Lawrence were in the middle of nowhere, it would have a shitty airport, too. Doesn't really make sense with MCI nearby, though.

I realize you are a squawk just trying to take a swing at Manhattan's airport. However, since you support a lower tier school in this state, it goes without saying that your income and experience flying privately are lacking and thus, it probably shouldn't be expected for you to know the following:

1. Manhattan is the second nicest airport in the state, only behind Wichita due to the sheer resources the Wichita airport and surrounding area has. In all honesty, I hadn't flown to a nicer airport until I went to Fayetteville, AR. That FBO is just stupid clean and shiny.

2. There are 4 airports that are as close, or closer to MCI than Lawrence that I have flown into that provide far more than the Lawrentucky landing strip does. So proximity shouldn't be affecting anything and is a lame excuse.

3. MCI is not "nearby" lol.
Did you just challenge me to a good old fashioned W-2 off?

:lol:
True ballers won't have much of a w2, TBH.

true ballers won't have one at all

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2019, 12:12:57 PM »
Weird thread

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »

Confirmed. If we win, this will be true.

KU has home Big XII wins in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2018 for 6 total.
K-State beat KU in Lawrence in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017 for 5 total. One more and we tie.

Wait, I just keep forgetting about how Tech blew the blocked field goal play last week. That gives them another win so, no. We will not be able to tie them.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »
they did not win a big 12 game in 2012 so it's still in play.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
they did not win a big 12 game in 2012 so it's still in play.

You are correct. That's what I get for trying to do this on my phone.

KU Big XII wins in the last decade: 2010 (Colorado), 2013 (West Virginia), 2014 (Iowa State), 2016 (WTF Texas???), 2018 (TCU), 2019 (Texas Tech so far...)    So that's still 6.
K-State wins in Lawrence in the last decade: 2010 59-7, 2011 59-21, 2013 31-10, 2015 45-14, 2017 30-20 and that's 5, so a win in 2019 ties it at 6.

Wow, just looking at that, this post almost needs to go in the KU football thread. 4 of their last 10 seasons (counting the current one) they didn't have a single conference win, and the other 6 seasons they only mustered one.

I guess I just forgot how badly KU football is hurting.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:18:41 PM by PurpleOil »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2019, 02:20:59 PM »
I’m now considering flying in to Pak with the 8s. Does Lawrentucky have an airport yet?

They do, but don't expect anything like MHK, private or commercial. Oh wait, you can't even fly commercial out of Lawrence, nevermind. Still, the FBO isn't all that, the ramp can be filled up quickly whenever a big game is being held, and Uber sucks.

My ticket plans are to still grab some freebies that they're handing out right before kickoff, or grab a pair off of stub hub for $20.
If Lawrence were in the middle of nowhere, it would have a shitty airport, too. Doesn't really make sense with MCI nearby, though.

I realize you are a squawk just trying to take a swing at Manhattan's airport. However, since you support a lower tier school in this state, it goes without saying that your income and experience flying privately are lacking and thus, it probably shouldn't be expected for you to know the following:

1. Manhattan is the second nicest airport in the state, only behind Wichita due to the sheer resources the Wichita airport and surrounding area has. In all honesty, I hadn't flown to a nicer airport until I went to Fayetteville, AR. That FBO is just stupid clean and shiny.

2. There are 4 airports that are as close, or closer to MCI than Lawrence that I have flown into that provide far more than the Lawrentucky landing strip does. So proximity shouldn't be affecting anything and is a lame excuse.

3. MCI is not "nearby" lol.
Did you just challenge me to a good old fashioned W-2 off?

:lol:
True ballers won't have much of a w2, TBH.

true ballers won't have one at all
Thanks for agreeing with me?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »
The nervous craps are back.  It's been awhile since I've had nervous craps for Cat football.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2019, 11:35:21 PM »
Weird thread

Yes very strange.   Did enjoy Spracs 'good old fashioned W-2 off' post though. . .   

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2019, 12:38:56 AM »
hay let’s stop talking about w-2z and airports and start talking about who’s gonna sell me some tix on the cheap go cats
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2019, 01:50:18 AM »
My head says KSU by 10-13 pts.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2019, 07:23:16 AM »
Leaving 'ta town right now!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2019, 08:30:18 AM »
You should have left a long time ago
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2019, 08:32:04 AM »

Can confirm.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2019, 09:18:26 AM »

Can confirm.
Nope, good to minimize time in Lowrents
:adios: