Author Topic: Roll Call! Lawrence road trip?  (Read 10504 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Call! Lawrence road trip?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 11:26:01 AM »
Lawrence is in the middle of nowhere, and does have a shitty airport tho (if you can call it an airport).

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »
You will find a very consistent selection of chain stores on Mass Ave.  It will remind you of Olathe.

I am going because I support my Kats even when they play in very boring locations.
You'll find little in the way of retail on Mass. A couple of head shops, shoe stores, women's boutiques, jewelry stores mostly. Mostly an entertainment district with lots of restaurants and bars. Jefferson's sucks, so stay away. Free State Brewery will be overflowing with Skwawks and food is only so-so. If I was forced to make a recommendation for food, I'd point you to Terrabone 800 block of Vermont a block east of Mass, good Cajun and not as big a ripoff as most Mass Street eateries.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 01:45:25 PM »
I’m now considering flying in to Pak with the 8s. Does Lawrentucky have an airport yet?

They do, but don't expect anything like MHK, private or commercial. Oh wait, you can't even fly commercial out of Lawrence, nevermind. Still, the FBO isn't all that, the ramp can be filled up quickly whenever a big game is being held, and Uber sucks.

My ticket plans are to still grab some freebies that they're handing out right before kickoff, or grab a pair off of stub hub for $20.
If Lawrence were in the middle of nowhere, it would have a shitty airport, too. Doesn't really make sense with MCI nearby, though.

"Nearby"

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 03:22:18 PM »
I’m now considering flying in to Pak with the 8s. Does Lawrentucky have an airport yet?

They do, but don't expect anything like MHK, private or commercial. Oh wait, you can't even fly commercial out of Lawrence, nevermind. Still, the FBO isn't all that, the ramp can be filled up quickly whenever a big game is being held, and Uber sucks.

My ticket plans are to still grab some freebies that they're handing out right before kickoff, or grab a pair off of stub hub for $20.
If Lawrence were in the middle of nowhere, it would have a shitty airport, too. Doesn't really make sense with MCI nearby, though.

I realize you are a squawk just trying to take a swing at Manhattan's airport. However, since you support a lower tier school in this state, it goes without saying that your income and experience flying privately are lacking and thus, it probably shouldn't be expected for you to know the following:

1. Manhattan is the second nicest airport in the state, only behind Wichita due to the sheer resources the Wichita airport and surrounding area has. In all honesty, I hadn't flown to a nicer airport until I went to Fayetteville, AR. That FBO is just stupid clean and shiny.

2. There are 4 airports that are as close, or closer to MCI than Lawrence that I have flown into that provide far more than the Lawrentucky landing strip does. So proximity shouldn't be affecting anything and is a lame excuse.

3. MCI is not "nearby" lol.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:27:53 PM by PurpleOil »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »

I realize you are a squawk just trying to take a swing at Manhattan's airport. However, since you support a lower tier school in this state, it goes without saying that your income and experience flying privately are lacking and thus, it probably shouldn't be expected for you to know the following:

1. Manhattan is the second nicest airport in the state, only behind Wichita due to the sheer resources the Wichita airport and surrounding area has. In all honesty, I hadn't flown to a nicer airport until I went to Fayetteville, AR. That FBO is just stupid clean and shiny.

2. There are 4 airports that are as close, or closer to MCI than Lawrence that I have flown into that provide far more than the Lawrentucky landing strip does. So proximity shouldn't be affecting anything and is a lame excuse.

Did you just challenge me to a good old fashioned W-2 off?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 04:14:22 PM »
spracs, no need to take your  :curse: about having to drive for an hour past rows of corn and coal fired power plants to get to an airport out on us.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 04:16:56 PM »

don't LARP him

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »
Whoah...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2019, 04:30:46 PM »
spracs, no need to take your  :curse: about having to drive for an hour past rows of corn and coal fired power plants to get to an airport out on us.
Me? I drive 10 minutes to Love Field, so I'm not really jelly of anyone's airport setup. Also, I seem to recall the drive to MCI being more like 40 minutes from Lawrence. Really no reason to build a commercial airport. Would be nice, though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Me? I drive 10 minutes to Love Field, so I'm not really jelly of anyone's airport setup. Also, I seem to recall the drive to MCI being more like 40 minutes from Lawrence. Really no reason to build a commercial airport. Would be nice, though.

60 minutes from Crossgate and 23rd area, from door to parking garage spot at KCI.  Still very convenient. I will probably move back there after my kids grow up.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »

:lol:
True ballers won't have much of a w2, TBH.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 08:35:05 PM »

Oh, we’re talking about Dallas now?

Weird

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 08:39:17 PM »
Spracs can just flip flop between many things, it’s quite convenient.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2019, 08:40:01 PM »
Also, unfortunately I can’t make it Lawrentucky this year. I had fun 2 years ago and got yelled at by some hawk faithful as I waved the wheat leaving the stadium.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »
I like indoor plumbing and non tube tvs, so I'll pass.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2019, 08:53:50 PM »

Weird
Hey bub, you're the one who brought "me" into the equation. I made a general observation about the airport situation in Larry v. Manshitdick, based on sound and cogent principles, which no intellectually honest person could reasonably refute. The first person to introduce my personal travel situation into this thread was you, kitty, by implying that I have to deal with the travails of living in and travelling out of lowly Kansas. I was entitled to rebut your erroneous argument. So, really, you raised the issue. I just concluded it. Thank you. Next.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2019, 09:07:53 PM »
The only time lawrencians see their “airport” is the once a month they drive out to the dirty strip club just past it so they can smoke their cigarettes indoors. Being on I70 gives Lawrence a crap ton of truckers, strip clubs, gas stations, drugs, homeless people and multiple Walmarts that are needed to support them. Lawrence is basically big junction city with a college. Kind of gross tbh but topekans do seem to enjoy the night life there so they have that going for them. And yeah, why build an actual airport when you can just load up the el Camino and drive an hour to the big city? I mean that’s pretty typical Lawrence thinking for you I guess.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 04:21:00 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2019, 09:15:31 PM »
:Wha:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2019, 09:17:44 PM »

Weird
Hey bub, you're the one who brought "me" into the equation. I made a general observation about the airport situation in Larry v. Manshitdick, based on sound and cogent principles, which no intellectually honest person could reasonably refute. The first person to introduce my personal travel situation into this thread was you, kitty, by implying that I have to deal with the travails of living in and travelling out of lowly Kansas. I was entitled to rebut your erroneous argument. So, really, you raised the issue. I just concluded it. Thank you. Next.

MHK really is a fantastic little airport.  No need to get all ragey about it.  The Lawrentuckian can drive an hour from Lawrentucky aka flyover country to those crappy soon to be to replaced terminals at KCI.   Man that sucks

The Manhattanite can drive 10 minutes to the brand new terminal at MHK.  Pretty fantastic. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 09:20:46 PM »
I didn't know the airport was out by that dirty strip club
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2019, 09:23:33 PM »
I didn't know the airport was out by that dirty strip club

Yeah and it’s outside of town so 80% of the town has a membership so they can smoke their camels inside while they drink.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:27:06 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2019, 09:23:50 PM »

Weird

MHK really is a fantastic little airport.  No need to get all ragey about it.  The Lawrentuckian can drive an hour from Lawrentucky aka flyover country to those crappy soon to be to replaced terminals at KCI.   Man that sucks

The Manhattanite can drive 10 minutes to the brand new terminal at MHK.  Pretty fantastic.
I noticed you failed to actually address the points raised in my response. Sad, but not unexpected from one who clearly has lost on the merits. Try to shift the focus. Obfuscate. Hope the factfinder doesn't notice. I'm a bit surprised, because I've never known you to resort to pathetic crap like that.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2019, 09:59:44 PM »

Weird

I noticed you failed to actually address the points raised in my response. Sad, but not unexpected from one who clearly has lost on the merits. Try to shift the focus. Obfuscate. Hope the factfinder doesn't notice. I'm a bit surprised, because I've never known you to resort to pathetic crap like that.

There is no need to be mad that the lawrentucky airport is pretty much a cesspit. You have DFW to call your own.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 08:10:29 AM »
i was there 2 years ago, and i must say, it was the worst time i've ever had at a college football game.  and we won.  gross stadium and atmosphere, the setting couldn't even save it