Author Topic: I wish we didn’t take our foot off the gas, but maybe it was right choice?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I dunno. Not sure. What you guys think?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Got a text from a member of the staff that sits in the booth that we got a call from the league office after the third quarter pleading for us to back off with promises that the refs would protect us from losing if we let the score get a little more respectable  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Yeah pretty shitty strategy yesterday

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Idk how much you can call strategy. We got outplayed in the 1st quarter, won the 2nd, dominated the 3rd, and got dominated the 4th. Against a top 5 team that seems like a decent enough way to win.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Got a text from a member of the staff that sits in the booth that we got a call from the league office after the third quarter pleading for us to back off with promises that the refs would protect us from losing if we let the score get a little more respectable  :th_twocents:
Heard the same.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
My opinion, we should have gone for it on 4th and 1, but I'm still happy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think they played the clock game perfectly. OU seemed like they were scoring regardless. If we keep playing the way we did but stopped scoring or turned the ball over OU might have gotten within a score without needing the onside and with timeouts. CeeDee busting that screen completely changed the clock math, but it worked out.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah if they tackle ceedee for a 20 yards gain on that play they probably never even get the chance to onside kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Yeah if they tackle ceedee for a 20 yards gain on that play they probably never even get the chance to onside kick

Great point.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Great point.

Thanks

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Great point.

Thanks

Lol, sorry man.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
One thing your post made me think of MIR, was that Klieman seems honestly not to care about style points, MOV or any of that. I don’t think I ever got the the Lamb part of your post before being sidetracked from my phone.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
We should have definitely went for it on that 4th down.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think trying to run out the clock after our last TD was a really sound strategy. Crazy odds in our favor at that point. Hell, the odds are totally in our favor just on the onside kick alone.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Nope. Their best chance at winning that game would have been us going for that 4th down. They would have won if we wouldn't have converted.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

Nope. Their best chance at winning that game would have been us going for that 4th down. They would have won if we wouldn't have converted.

Yeah, but they hadn't stopped us in over two quarters. There was no reason to believe they would have been able to stop our run game then. I think we were still averaging over 5 yards per carry at that point. You convert there, and you pretty much eliminate any hope of a comeback.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Punting also eliminated hope of a comeback. They executed about as well as humanly possible and still would have needed to recover the onside kick and then get a touchdown in less than 2 minutes with no timeouts just to tie.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
it's worth noting that after punting on 4th and 1 they had like a 90 yard 3-1/2 minute drive which is super long for them so bfd

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Punting also eliminated hope of a comeback. They executed about as well as humanly possible and still would have needed to recover the onside kick and then get a touchdown in less than 2 minutes with no timeouts just to tie.

Yeah I think this sums it up. They played like national title contenders in the 4th quarter, and it still wasn’t enough because they simply ran out of time.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm all for going for it if you win the game by getting the first.  There was far too much time left to do it.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Klieman is a clock management god. I have zero doubt in this coaching staff now moving forward. :emawkid:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Klieman is a clock management god. I have zero doubt in this coaching staff now moving forward. :emawkid:

OU got clock blocked!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Wow, that was definitely worth watching.