Author Topic: Miss. St game thread.  (Read 17987 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Miss. St game thread.
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »
It's going to make for some really fantastic booing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2019, 11:39:28 PM »
I just rewatched the first half and counted 27 plays where the Cats (mostly defense, J-Mac a lot) were extra rough and/or were talking serious crap. Love it. Jones can’t hit a sliding QB that’s just giving up tho.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
I really didn't think the slide hit was that bad. Hard to just pull up on a sliding QB when you're already starting to tackle. the out of bounds sling was really bad and awesome though

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2019, 11:44:17 PM »
I really didn't think the slide hit was that bad. Hard to just pull up on a sliding QB when you're already starting to tackle. the out of bounds sling was really bad and awesome though

I’m opposite. But I did love the OB sling.

The defense plays like we should fan imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2019, 07:15:10 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »

The hit on the QB wasn’t hard or anything, but you could pretty easily tell on replay that our guy lowered his shoulder after he saw the QB was sliding. Dumb play that he probably thought he could get away with given the time left in the half.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2019, 10:59:24 AM »

The hit on the QB wasn’t hard or anything, but you could pretty easily tell on replay that our guy lowered his shoulder after he saw the QB was sliding. Dumb play that he probably thought he could get away with given the time left in the half.

Not so sure I'd give him credit for doing it on purpose. Seems, at both the college and pro-levels, that there's a lot of dropping heads when going to tackle. Particularly by D-backs and in the open field. Way too many throwing your body from an angle to try and knock an offensive player down as opposed to keeping your head up and wrapping him up with your arms. While this was not necessarily the same thing, the dropping of the head seems to me to becoming a systemic problem.

If they're serious about getting rid of the targeting, they'd be ruthless about calling any player, offensive or defensive (although I understand it's somewhat problematic when you're talking RB's around the LoS) that lowers their head when coming in contact with an opposing player.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
Targeting had absolutely nothing to do with either play mentioned
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2019, 11:53:54 PM »
Game replay in 7 minutes on the SEC network.