Author Topic: Surviving Starkville: travel tips for Cats in the Deep South  (Read 12728 times)

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving Starkville: travel tips for Cats in the Deep South
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2019, 07:00:59 AM »
Ah do have an insider at The Mississippi State University, just so you know doc.   :gocho:

Offline leeidoc

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2019, 08:07:36 AM »
Back to the game.  Game time temps are looking better. Around 85 at kickoff and only up to about 92 with a heat index of 101.  For those going to the game you can take in one bottle of water into the stadium  and there will be bottled water stations available underneath separate from regular concessions. Safe travels and Hail State!

Offline leeidoc

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
 :ksu:
Ah do have an insider at The Mississippi State University, just so you know doc.   :gocho:

Cool deal.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2019, 08:44:29 AM »
I'm glad to hear about the lower temps. That takes some of the pressure off of our starters to be blowing them out by halftime. Sounds like they can avoid the searing heat as long as they are good enough to have this thing won before the end of the third quarter now.

Offline GoToHellOleMiss

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »
I'm glad to hear about the lower temps. That takes some of the pressure off of our starters to be blowing them out by halftime. Sounds like they can avoid the searing heat as long as they are good enough to have this thing won before the end of the third quarter now.

Oh, I think the fighting Willies will have this one in control by the middle of the second quarter.  Starters will be watching in the second half.  Willies will run for 350 yards and pass for 215.

Kylin Hill is contemplating sitting this one out to avoid injury. :ksu:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2019, 09:56:00 AM »
All snarky replies aside. Who on here is making the trip?

We almost decided to drive out from the Dallas area this week...

However, we left it up to our 12 yr old 6th grade boy because his youth team has a game this weekend.

As expected, he realized that Texas peewee football is a bigger deal than SEC football and decided to stay and play saying... "I'd probably want to go if it was a big time opponent like Iowa State or Baylor, but I've never even heard of that team before."

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »

However, we left it up to our 12 yr old 6th grade boy because his youth team has a game this weekend.

As expected, he realized that Texas peewee football is a bigger deal than SEC football and decided to stay and play saying... "I'd probably want to go if it was a big time opponent like Iowa State or Baylor, but I've never even heard of that team before."

Your 6th grader has some wisdom.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2019, 10:52:06 AM »

Your 6th grader has some wisdom.

bears are fast...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2019, 11:12:49 AM »

Is this the kid I had to teach about government names and such while in stillwater?  If so, it might be worth the trip to expand on that history lesson.  I'm not going obvs., but you could put me on speakerphone as you're touring ruins and stuff.

Offline leeidoc

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »

Just refresh his memory:  He was only 11 when this "team" beat K-State 31-10 at their place and rushed for 380+ yards.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
yeah your kid sounds like a bandwagon fan, probably a squawk too

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2019, 05:03:16 PM »

Is this the kid I had to teach about government names and such while in stillwater?  If so, it might be worth the trip to expand on that history lesson.  I'm not going obvs., but you could put me on speakerphone as you're touring ruins and stuff.

Yep.... same kid that grabbed your hand to cross the street and ride the escalator. 

bears are fast...

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2019, 10:17:24 AM »
nicname
Guys, I decided to spring for tix and travel with our Cats into Mississippi for the game. I’ve got to be honest. I’m pretty nervous about this trip. We all know it’s pretty backwards down there. Worst part is you really can’t fly, so we’re driving.

Dum, DUME, D-U-M-E

Get all your shots and be sure to carry several flame throwers and as many "Flash-Bangs" as you can get.

Having an A-10 "Warthog" for ground cover wouldn't be a bad idea as well.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed