Author Topic: Get in this thread if you miss _Fan and want his HFBIQ posts back in this blog  (Read 7561 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
  :love:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
 :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
never leave us _33

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey guys...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
this doesn't seem organic, maybe try it again some other time, maybe with an apology

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Hey guys...

How many yards are we going to get on the ground against Bowling Green? 300? 400? A Bagillion?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
_Fan was always so good at talking me off of/on to the ledge.  I mean, if Steve Dave says we suck, I'm just like "meh".  If _Fan says we suck though  :shooturmouth:

I don't think we suck. I thoroughly enjoyed game 1 of the Klieman era.

The offensive display was much better than I anticipated. I looked into the Messy offense before the season and I had some apprehension. He definitely passed the test. Using a bunch of formations and personnel, a highly efficient offense (65% success rate before garbage time, better than any game last year), and some really nice games from Sky and the backs. I want to see some more big plays in the passing game and our receivers not to drop passes.

Defensively we were solid. A couple forced TOs and a havoc rate of 25%, pretty good. The one drive after halftime wasn't ideal, but overall I liked what I saw.

Also, no big plays on special teams and a missed FG. Brooks almost broke one I guess, but I still want to see big special teams plays.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey guys...

How many yards are we going to get on the ground against Bowling Green? 300? 400? A Bagillion?

I'm guessing around 300. Maybe not as many on the ground, hopefully more through the air.

It was impressive to run for that against Nicholls (even if they are only FCS) when they were still putting 8 or more in the box to stop the run.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I would like to hear more about our cat havoc rate  :drool:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
@kso_FAN are you putting out the five factors stuff you did last year?  Are Connelly's team profiles available? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Havoc Rate is tackles for loss (including sacks), forced fumbles, pass break ups, and interceptions divided by total defensive snaps. A pretty cool stat IMO from Bill Connelly. Last year K-State finished at 13% which ranked like 100 or so in the country.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
@kso_FAN are you putting out the five factors stuff you did last year?  Are Connelly's team profiles available? 

I'm not sure how I'm going to do that. Connelly's team stuff or advanced boxes are not available this year since he jumped to ESPN.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Havoc Rate is tackles for loss (including sacks), forced fumbles, pass break ups, and interceptions divided by total defensive snaps. A pretty cool stat IMO from Bill Connelly. Last year K-State finished at 13% which ranked like 100 or so in the country.

This is now my favorite stat.

'clams, can we get a chant mocked up for our new havoc hellraisers?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how I'm going to do that. Connelly's team stuff or advanced boxes are not available this year since he jumped to ESPN.
You referenced havoc rate.  I'm curious how you calculated that...My eyeballs told me our pass rush was kind of lacking on Saturday night -- where are you finding havoc or are you calculating that on your own?

EDIT: Nevermind, i just saw your post above spelling out what Havoc actually is.  I assumed it was strictly backfield stuff.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, I will be at Fatty Fest this year, going for the 3 peat....

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You referenced havoc rate.  I'm curious how you calculated that...My eyeballs told me our pass rush was kind of lacking on Saturday night -- where are you finding havoc or are you calculating that on your own?

My own calculation.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
was disappointed we didnt' have any sacks after our d-line has been talking all offseason about being the best d-line in the conference.  Nicholls getting the ball out too quick to combat this rush or is our rush maybe not as good as we thought?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

My own calculation.

Well I hope you trademarked that so someone doesn't steal it and plaster it all over stuff.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
_Fan was always so good at talking me off of/on to the ledge.  I mean, if Steve Dave says we suck, I'm just like "meh".  If _Fan says we suck though  :shooturmouth:

I don't think we suck. I thoroughly enjoyed game 1 of the Klieman era.

The offensive display was much better than I anticipated. I looked into the Messy offense before the season and I had some apprehension. He definitely passed the test. Using a bunch of formations and personnel, a highly efficient offense (65% success rate before garbage time, better than any game last year), and some really nice games from Sky and the backs. I want to see some more big plays in the passing game and our receivers not to drop passes.

Defensively we were solid. A couple forced TOs and a havoc rate of 25%, pretty good. The one drive after halftime wasn't ideal, but overall I liked what I saw.

Also, no big plays on special teams and a missed FG. Brooks almost broke one I guess, but I still want to see big special teams plays.
This is what I'm talking about.  One brief _Fanalysis and I'm completely chill.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Fan, can you break down how much we have used A gap power? NDSU was entirely built around A gap power, I think we're the exact same play book.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fan, can you break down how much we have used A gap power? NDSU was entirely built around A gap power, I think we're the exact same play book.

This is what I have charted for the year in non-garbage snaps, so 17% of the snaps. From what I've seen (I charted 3 NDSU games last year) we are using a big more inside zone and outside power stuff (G power, power sweep, counter trey) than the NDSU offense.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Interesting,

Still, 1 in 5 runs is A gap power. Kleiman said at the press conference Monday they will be installing more of the offense this bye-week. Will be interesting to see what changes.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
goEMAW getting our mojo back.

feels good guys