TITLETOWN - A Decade Long Celebration Of The Greatest Achievement In College Athletics History > Other Sports (Tiger's Back)

Does the youth baseball team you coach suck?

(1/4) > >>

gatoveintisiete:
itt I will dole out tips that will help your squad win games.

Skipper44:
How do I get the other teams coach to not need 10 goddamn pitches for each batter in coach pitch?

Good natured joking with the parents in the stands has not worked and pleading for the 14 year old ump to call strikes when one of the noodles actually crosses the plate only gets me a sportsmanship warning   :dunno:

gatoveintisiete:
how old are the boys? i'll assume under 8, teach your fielders a tried and true chant, it goes Heeeeeeeeeeey batter batter, and when the pitch goes in the air they yell Saaaaawinggggg batter!!!!!

the little guys love it and it keeps them engaged in the game

ben ji:
any tips for harassing 16 year old umps into giving you all the 50/50 calls?

gatoveintisiete:
yes, you'll need the help of one of the dads behind the backstop, now you know the ump doesn't say strike after a called strike is thrown unless he is extremely small timey, he is gonna point to the right and say something that sounds like haaaa.  Ok get dad in position and when he sees the 50/50 pitch and the ump doesn't budge dad jumps in and hollers HEEYAAAAAH!!!!!  Now the other parents won't really know whats going on but the ump will and he will appreciate the subtle criticism and start giving you makeup calls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version