Author Topic: Miracle in Manhattan Documentary  (Read 34392 times)

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Miracle in Manhattan Documentary
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2017, 09:03:33 PM »
Wait a minute. You can't purchase it? You have to rent it for 8 dollars?

You can purchase it at a later date, but as of now the only way to watch is via renting.

You can pre-order the DVD through the Facebook page. The release date is TBD, but I've seen him tell at least one person he wants to have them shipped before the start of the season.

https://www.facebook.com/MiracleInManhattan/posts/1344264989006236
It's mostly a DRM issue keeping them from allowing you to buy it online and I'm sure a distribution issue keeping you from buying a DVD right now.  If you want to "buy" a digital copy, there's many concerns with how you could iget that video in in a way that would prevent you from just tossing it on some torrent site for everyone else to get for free.  Amazon has spent millions figuring this out for them and these guys are trying to do it on a shoestring budget.  If you want a copy, pay the $8, download your own copy (see my previous post) and keep it until they get thier end figured out

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2017, 09:09:05 PM »
I'll wait for the torrent.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2017, 12:40:07 AM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2017, 06:44:02 AM »
:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
I would love to see it make it to ESPN, or any mass audience. I haven't seen "Part 1" so i don't know the quality of it and if it could be a base of something ESPN takes on, but if the quality isn't there, I don't think there is any film maker or director that would decide this was going to be their project. Something the other stories have had that I don't know if we have is someone with clout and experience who took up the project.
yeah, all the og 30 for 30s were the brain child of a somewhat high profile Hollywood producer, director or what have you so we need Stonestreet to win an Oscar or whatever

The opposite is actually true. The original series was 30 films by 30 filmmakers, when Bill Simmons and Grantland ran the series they have a lot of people their big break. Check out the 30 for 30 wiki, it's a good mix of established filmmakers, people no one have ever heard of, and people who were well known in other fields like Ice Cube. Since they punted Simmons they have used filmmakers they are more familiar with producing films that others have conceptualized or written.

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2017, 09:12:16 PM »
Blu-ray copies will be available to purchase later this week, possibly tomorrow. Will also be available at the stadium on Saturday for fan appreciation. Go cats.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
FINALLY got around to watching the deleted scenes last night. I knew Barry Sanders was committed to K-State at one point, but I didn't realize Parrish basically told him to get bent. It really is amazing how many HOF caliber players were committed here at one point in time, even back in the dark ages.

My father-in-law recently told me a story about how we lost Walter Payton. He said Payton was literally on his way to Manhattan and stopped to see his brother at Jackson State, then JSU coaches blackmailed him into staying by threatening to pull his brother's scholarship. Can anyone confirm this?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »
Wow. I figured the story might have been at least a little embellished. Not even a little bit. Thanks for the link.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »
30 for 30’s are best when their telling the real story as opposed to the hype or public perception.

Laettner:  Public Perception-Pretty boy private school spoiled rich kid which fuels a whole legion of disdain.

Reality:  Middle class kid with two school teacher parents working off his tuition at a private school by cleaning the school.  Driven by the hate.

There’s no hook like that with Kstate. It’s all been written and filmed and discussed.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:17 PM »
We still would have been shitty even with Walter Payton at running back.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
30 for 30’s are best when their telling the real story as opposed to the hype or public perception.

Laettner:  Public Perception-Pretty boy private school spoiled rich kid which fuels a whole legion of disdain.

Reality:  Middle class kid with two school teacher parents working off his tuition at a private school by cleaning the school.  Driven by the hate.

There’s no hook like that with Kstate. It’s all been written and filmed and discussed.

False. The U had none of that public misperception at all and it’s the GOAT 30 for 30. Fab Five, too.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2017, 06:20:13 PM »

False. The U had none of that public misperception at all and it’s the GOAT 30 for 30. Fab Five, too.

bo jackson is the best one
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »
Until tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2017, 08:02:59 PM »
Until tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woooooooo!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2017, 09:39:35 AM »
We still would have been shitty even with Walter Payton at running back.

Would Walter Payton be as good as he was if he didn't go to Jackson State?  :dunno:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2019, 11:18:19 PM »
Zero Days.

It’s a documentary about Stuxnet, which has been in my profile for some time. It talks about its creation, the countries invoked, and how sophisticated it was.

I’ve always loved the security side of IT. It also makes me want to deep dive more into that side. I write code, but the security side is another animal, but it is SO fascinating to me.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f