Author Topic: Master Political Social Media Thread  (Read 88452 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Master Political Social Media Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2022, 03:58:23 AM »
Is it now against comedic social code to imitate an ethnic accent?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Like everything else, context matters. To be clear that's not the issue with Awkwafina though.

Upon further reflection no comedians shouldn't imitate "ethnic accents." No one should do it and I can't even think of a good, famous comedian, even back in the 80's and 90's that had it part of their act. So I don't know what "now" means in your post.

What does a black person sound like? I know if someone wanted to have a blaccent, it sure in the eff doesn't sound like me or anyone else in my family. So that generally means someone "sounding black" that speaks in very poor English.

Have you ever heard anyone attempting to "sound Mexican" that didn't start with "ayyyyy ese waaasss sappening?" Anyone in the world not going to act like that is and always has been offensive.

Have you ever heard someone "sound Asian" that wasn't just an awful stereotype that doesn't sound like anything at all? Asia is the largest continent in the world by size and population, how in the eff does one "sound Asian" anyway?

People who do these ethnic accents never, ever do them for the people they supposedly sound like, that should probably tell you just how offensive they are.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2022, 07:41:35 AM »
Chapelle's white guy voice is pretty funny imo.  He's invited to the turkey on white extra mayo luncheon tho.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2022, 08:12:57 AM »
Chapelle's white guy voice is pretty funny imo.  He's invited to the turkey on white extra mayo luncheon tho.
Does that count as an "ethnic accent" though? I agree that it's funny. The voice Ron Stallworth uses in BlacKkKlansman when talking to David Duke on the phone is another that comes to mind. Also very funny.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2022, 08:24:40 AM »
French accents are usually funny
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2022, 02:26:37 PM »
I promise you that French people 100% disagree.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2022, 02:40:11 PM »
Southerners seem to take mocking of their accent pretty well.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2022, 02:49:44 PM »
cancel Brian Kelly

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2022, 02:59:45 PM »
Pierre Escargot would disagree

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2022, 02:16:07 PM »
If we can’t do white ethnic/European/regional accents then I feel like white privilege is really taking some hits.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »
When done right such accents almost always add to the character/humor. I’m all for it.

Just some examples off hand:
Jesus - Big Lebowski
B-Rad - that movie about the white rapper
The Asian Rappers - same movie
The middle eastern (?) guy who smashes  the Dude’s car - Big Lebowski
The German Guys - Big Lebowski
Robert Downey Jr - Tropic Thunder
The many Chappelle Show Characters
Anjhela Johnson - Nail Salon Standup
“And then” lady - Mad TV
Most of the time when any black dude does “white guy voice”

Standup comedy is different because nuance is very important, and it’s very easy to end up just punching down and venturing into malicious humor. You almost always have to be self-deprecating and not “making fun” of the accent you’re mimicking.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2022, 02:49:30 PM »
Add a bunch of Simpsons characters.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2022, 08:30:50 PM »
Add a bunch of Simpsons characters.

I think you missed about 16, pre-pandemic, months of news about this.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 08:36:08 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2022, 05:54:07 AM »
When done right such accents almost always add to the character/humor. I’m all for it.

Just some examples off hand:
Jesus - Big Lebowski
B-Rad - that movie about the white rapper
The Asian Rappers - same movie
The middle eastern (?) guy who smashes  the Dude’s car - Big Lebowski
The German Guys - Big Lebowski
Robert Downey Jr - Tropic Thunder
The many Chappelle Show Characters
Anjhela Johnson - Nail Salon Standup
“And then” lady - Mad TV
Most of the time when any black dude does “white guy voice”

Standup comedy is different because nuance is very important, and it’s very easy to end up just punching down and venturing into malicious humor. You almost always have to be self-deprecating and not “making fun” of the accent you’re mimicking.
I'm sorry but this is a pretty bad take. The nail salon clip of the comedian you posted did not have a single clever line in it and included no self-deprecation whatsoever. The accent might have been spot-on but the only intended humor in it as far as I could tell was mocking the accent. I don't know, maybe I would have a different perspective if I was a customer at a nail salon.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2022, 01:11:30 PM »
can someone explain or summarize the libs of tiktok / wapo thing?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2022, 01:14:39 PM »
can someone explain or summarize the libs of tiktok / wapo thing?

It's ran by a lady who worked in real estate in Brooklyn.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2022, 06:49:33 PM »
A writer for the Washington Post wrote a column about the person who runs Libs of TikTok. In the rush to be perpetual victims, maga, led by fake intellectual Glen Greenwald confirmed where the woman lives. Now they get to say this woman from the Post doxxed this woman when she did no such thing. The information that's out there is 100% public because she's a real estate agent, which apparently is considered a fiduciary and public info. Play the victim and profit.
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1516407283806310407

https://twitter.com/kriscoratti/status/1516528357013393410

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2022, 10:19:19 AM »
The perfect response from the resident Chief Progressive Brownshirt Jackboot who is triggered by everything.

The WaPo writer has been on multiple TV shows and podcasts in the last 4 months having mental breakdowns about people saying mean things about her on social media and saying people have been dox'ing her and her family.

So at the behest of a perpetually enraged progressive who is clearly out to get anyone that doesn't fall in line with polished jackboots and well starched arm bands who is funded by, of all things, an entity that receives all of their funding from . . . The German Government (how positively appropriate).     They decided they were going to try and take down the Libs of TikTok because that person simply reposts lunatic progressives being lunatic progressives.

All of which is 1000% on brand.   Inside every progressive:  Is a Nazi trying to get out

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 20, 2022, 10:29:44 AM »
The worst part of this, is one of the entity involved in the Dox'ing was upset with the person behind LIbs of TikTok because they had another account which wanted to Impeach Cuomo.

Imagine being so unhinged that you're mad about someone who wants to impeach a total POS like Andrew Cuomo . . . who BTW is still out there lying his ass off about everything.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 20, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »
The perfect response from the resident Chief Progressive Brownshirt Jackboot who is triggered by everything.

The WaPo writer has been on multiple TV shows and podcasts in the last 4 months having mental breakdowns about people saying mean things about her on social media and saying people have been dox'ing her and her family.

So at the behest of a perpetually enraged progressive who is clearly out to get anyone that doesn't fall in line with polished jackboots and well starched arm bands who is funded by, of all things, an entity that receives all of their funding from . . . The German Government (how positively appropriate).     They decided they were going to try and take down the Libs of TikTok because that person simply reposts lunatic progressives being lunatic progressives.

All of which is 1000% on brand.   Inside every progressive:  Is a Nazi trying to get out

Godwin's Law in full force right there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 20, 2022, 10:36:45 AM »

I support Gestapo like tactics to dox and out people who simply repost lunatics who I have a strong kinship with

We already knew this Bucket, and on brand, the usual Bucket avoidance and deflection.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 12:04:56 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2022, 10:49:31 AM »
Travis Brown (Former Twitter Employee) is funded by the Prototype Fund, who in turn is funded by Open Knowledge Foundation of Germany, who turn receives all or a substantial portion of its funding from the German Ministry of Education and Research.

Travis Brown's operation is in clear violation of Twitters terms and conditions, but is still allowed to operate and Tweet on Twitter none-the-less.

The Open Knowledge Foundation/Prototype are NGO's that go around fomenting Anti-Russian propaganda (among many things) and is still perpetuating lies about the Assad regime in Syria using chemical weapons of which even our own intelligence agencies could never verify.    They of course completely avoid discussing the West's massive role in that humanitarian disaster.    They are propagandists who know they have easy marks in progressive derps who will parrot everything on their behalf.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2022, 10:55:18 AM »
Who is Travis brown and why do you know so much about him? Was he exposed by one of your alternative media sites?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2022, 10:56:06 AM »
Oh, and this likely makes both Travis Brown and Taylor Lorenz unregistered foreign agents.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 20, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
NGO's that go around fomenting Anti-Russian propaganda.

Weird that anyone would care about this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »
Who is Travis brown and why do you know so much about him? Was he exposed by one of your alternative media sites?

We always know when you're mad when you start playing dumb and pretend like you don't know how to use Google or any social media platforms.

https://twitter.com/travisbrown?s=20&t=sxjQ6kP-DpDozxpg6qYsGQ

https://prototypefund-de.translate.goog/project/hassreden-tracker/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Oh, and here's Taylor Lorenz having a meltdown, an interview that she tried to get removed. 

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1516422406033846278?s=20&t=Z_CWeSZEdmnq1BDzAW3r7A