Author Topic: Why is dax so unhinged today?  (Read 36985 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Why is dax so unhinged today?
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2019, 02:31:29 PM »
The Internet is now a utility.

We don't like the cut of that Parody Poster LibDerp7's jib . . . we're gonna cut off his power.   Sincerely: KCPL

“Google is a utility” shows how olds aren’t equipped for this discussion

Google has a near monopolistic stranglehold on the access point into the Internet utility.   If it didn't, then countries wouldn't be specifically seeking out Google to develop that countries censored search engine.   

This really isn't hard . . .except for people like you.

Only for dumb people.  You are ancient as hell, I am sure you remember when AOL was the absolute access point.  It barely exists now.

Search engines are going to come and go, stop whining about google it makes you look like you are too stupid to find a different resource.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »

We don't like the cut of that Parody Poster LibDerp7's jib . . . we're gonna cut off his power.   Sincerely: KCPL

Google has a near monopolistic stranglehold on the access point into the Internet utility.   If it didn't, then countries wouldn't be specifically seeking out Google to develop that countries censored search engine.   

Only for dumb people.  You are ancient as hell, I am sure you remember when AOL was the absolute access point.  It barely exists now.

Search engines are going to come and go, stop whining about google it makes you look like you are too stupid to find a different resource.

LOL, AOL was an online company who had a gateway to the Internet if a user choose to use it, some substantial differences there . . . like a ton.  Good try though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »

LOL, AOL was an online company who had a gateway to the Internet if a user choose to use it, some substantial differences there . . . like a ton.  Good try though.

holy crap, it's like trying to teach my grandpa to text, complete with misspelled words and feigning condescension because he is scared and confused

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »

holy crap, it's like trying to teach my grandpa to text, complete with misspelled words and feigning condescension because he is scared and confused

Just because you don't know what American ONLINE (that didn't mean Internet, dummy) was all about is no reason to get all ragey.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
He's done an amazing job filling the reno void.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2019, 03:12:44 PM »

Just because you don't know what American ONLINE (that didn't mean Internet, dummy) was all about is no reason to get all ragey.

Holy mother of crap.  My grandpa actually called it "American Online".  It is how he got on "the internets"

This is amazing, I could not have dreamed for a better reply.  Dax is my very old grandpa

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »

Holy mother of crap.  My grandpa actually called it "American Online".  It is how he got on "the internets"

This is amazing, I could not have dreamed for a better reply.  Dax is my very old grandpa

I put that in there for emphasis, because it's extremely obvious you don't know the difference between an ONLINE company and the actual Internet.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is not surprising in the least.   Still sad . . . though. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »
holy crap, he actually thinks he bolded "American"

His trifocals are dirty

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2019, 03:47:52 PM »
6/10/2019 - unhinged because, well, he is just a grumpy old man.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2019, 03:52:45 PM »

His trifocals are dirty

Just admit you thought AOL was the Internet.   :lol: :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »
I'm always mad because I'm dumb

Um-hmm

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2019, 03:58:03 PM »
Wait, are you saying that Google is the actual internet?
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »

Nope, but you can get directly to it via nearly every (non censored) Internet connection. 

That wasn't the case with the original AOL

Approximately 75% of the entire world's web searches are done on Google, and it would be higher except for the Chinese official search engine.   Take that out, it's about 90% of all web searches.

Not to mention the lack of co-mingling on Google unlike Yahoo/Bing or Bing/Yahoo depending on how you want to view that partnership and others. 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:03:49 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »

His trifocals are dirty

yes the way you think a search engine is a "utility" (in this case the internet) which can be monopolized (holy eff when I type that it looks even dumber than I imagined)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »

Nope, but you can get directly to it via nearly every (non censored) Internet connection

That wasn't the case with the original AOL

Approximately 75% of the entire world's web searches are done on Google, and it would be higher except for the Chinese official search engine.   Take that out, it's about 90% of all web searches.

Not to mention the lack of co-mingling on Google unlike Yahoo/Bing or Bing/Yahoo depending on how you want to view that partnership and others.

so these poor magas are forced to go to google when you fire up the browser.  lol

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2019, 04:18:45 PM »

His trifocals are dirty

yes the way you think a search engine is a "utility" (in this case the internet) which can be monopolized (holy eff when I type that it looks even dumber than I imagined)

No, I said the Internet is a utility, I never said a search engine is a utility, I said it gives a person access to the utility.   Currently one entity controls 90% of the searches in the free world on the Internet.   There's a reason China didn't seek out the Bing (MS) developers for help on the Great Firewall Search Engine because China knows Google's algorithms and overall capabilities far supersede anybody else when it comes to overall widely known web search capabilities.  That's fine in of itself.

What you don't get, which is not the least bit surprising as you flail about.  Is that Google has made themselves the gatekeeper on what people see and don't see. 

The fact that you're trying to appear smart (poor attempt) by talking about how people are dumb for using Google (so about 80% of the world) is immaterial to this discussion. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2019, 04:29:20 PM »
You are arguing that the internet is a utility and for some reason that would then allow google (privately owned search engine tool) to be regulated by the government. 

If that's not your position, please do better setting it out.  If that is your position, please don't get mad when we all point and laugh.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2019, 04:39:22 PM »
You are arguing that the internet is a utility and for some reason that would then allow google (privately owned search engine tool) to be regulated by the government. 

If that's not your position, please do better setting it out.  If that is your position, please don't get mad when we all point and laugh.

Google is a publicly held company . . . but I digress (also a substantial gov't contractor . . . but I digress again).

How about just stand up and admit that Google can show bias and is perfectly capable of showing bias and it doesn't take much at all for Google to have bias in their searches (that's why the whole article in the Economist is so  :lol: :lol: different in what it's actually saying than what you dumb headline readers think it's saying).  In addition, I know this is extremely hard for you to understand, when it comes to Google, I haven't been talking solely about their search engine.    I just don't get why this is so difficult for you.   

That's not to mention, it's absolute fact that Google has engaged in censoring the Internet and been paid lots of money to censor the Internet.   

I have to admit, I'm a bit in awe of how assimilated LibDerp Nation is . . . fortunately there's a few people resigning from their jobs at Google because of Google's involvement in censoring the Internet.

I can see how LibDerp Nation is goose stepping so hard for Google, given Google's clear left leaning stance corporate wide.   

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2019, 04:53:25 PM »
Holy crap, the publicly held isn’t a private company talking point. That’s as MAGA as it comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2019, 05:00:40 PM »

Google is a publicly held company . . . but I digress (also a substantial gov't contractor . . . but I digress again).

How about just stand up and admit that Google can show bias and is perfectly capable of showing bias and it doesn't take much at all for Google to have bias in their searches (that's why the whole article in the Economist is so  :lol: :lol: different in what it's actually saying than what you dumb headline readers think it's saying).  In addition, I know this is extremely hard for you to understand, when it comes to Google, I haven't been talking solely about their search engine.    I just don't get why this is so difficult for you.   

That's not to mention, it's absolute fact that Google has engaged in censoring the Internet and been paid lots of money to censor the Internet.   

I have to admit, I'm a bit in awe of how assimilated LibDerp Nation is . . . fortunately there's a few people resigning from their jobs at Google because of Google's involvement in censoring the Internet.

I can see how LibDerp Nation is goose stepping so hard for Google, given Google's clear left leaning stance corporate wide.

oh please tell me more

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: 

You guys nitpick on the smallest stuff, because you've got nothing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2019, 05:03:28 PM »

atomic tapout

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2019, 05:06:08 PM »
Roads are a utility. Cars allow you to access that utility.  Sure, bikes and horses allowed access too, but it's much more convenient to use a car.  At some past time in history, say 1921, Ford had 75% of the market on how you could access the roads.  They controlled the method in which most people accessed that road, and therefore, they had an influence on how most people experience the road.  Ford's biases toward low cost and easy access undoubtedly had an effect on the road experience for the public at large.  You could use other cars, they were basically as good, but the Chevrolets and Buicks weren't nearly as popular. 

As you remember from history class, the government regulated Ford so that their engines and features didn't skew too much towards either performance, comfort, cost or safety, but stayed completely neutral.  Now Ford has a much lower market share :(
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »

atomic tapout

You didn't say anything about anything else I said, typical Dug . . . #frown

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2019, 05:31:39 PM »
I am not certain I really give a crap that google (a private corporation that is publicly traded) is seeking to control some of the content of its website.  I don't have to use it.  I have a functioning brain that doesn't tell me "it's responsible for 90% of all searches so I have to use it"!  Pretending that the free market isn't capable of handling this is kind of weird and gives your fellow Wohl guys absolutely zero credit.

And if I did care to the degree you do, I'd stop using it.  I wouldn't demand the government exercise control over it.

I think the root cause of all this rage at google is based on 1: stupidity and 2: the Alex Jones/Jacob Wohl consuming MAGA's sobering realization that they are a pretty poor and uninfluential corner of society so they cannot boycott google into doing what they want so they have to whine and cry that the government gets involved.

MAGA's have learned previously that their market power is dick.  It's like ku in conference realignment when they cry in the corner because no one GAF about basketball enough to do what they want.