Author Topic: season ticket talk  (Read 11329 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: season ticket talk
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2019, 03:27:08 PM »
Hmmm, if I can get KSU to get the tickets to arrive to me electronically and then have hemmy print them, will the hemmy-printed tickets nullify the missing/stolen tickets?

Probably were being delivered by a drone.  Might have been shot down/hijacked.  :dunno:
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
Hmmm, if I can get KSU to get the tickets to arrive to me electronically and then have hemmy print them, will the hemmy-printed tickets nullify the missing/stolen tickets?

Probably were being delivered by a drone.  Might have been shot down/hijacked.  :dunno:

I'll check the roof.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2021, 03:02:31 PM »
This afternoon was my window to change seat locations thru the online site.   For the last 10 years I probably lose an hour plus clicking on other seats and dreaming then end up keeping the same seats I've had since '92.

This year I made the bold move up 3 rows and closer to the aisle.  Can't abandon my section 23 brothers and sisters. 

A little more shade and rain protection... signs of getting old?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2021, 03:50:39 PM »
I bought season soccer tickets that’s it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2021, 04:54:53 PM »
It is alleged that 95% of 2019 season tickets were renewed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »
This afternoon was my window to change seat locations thru the online site.   For the last 10 years I probably lose an hour plus clicking on other seats and dreaming then end up keeping the same seats I've had since '92.

This year I made the bold move up 3 rows and closer to the aisle.  Can't abandon my section 23 brothers and sisters. 

Tom

I moved to the west side like five or six years ago for this very reason.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2021, 09:04:51 PM »
It is alleged that 95% of 2019 season tickets were renewed.
5%’r

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2021, 07:05:29 PM »

Tom

I moved to the west side like five or six years ago for this very reason.

I moved from section 2 to the front row of the east side upper deck. I’m still happy I made the move, but I do miss the shade.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2021, 07:17:48 PM »
This is the first time since '05 that I will not have season tickets. Life changes, but we'll see what happens in the future.

I started out in the student section, then went to the east side upper deck as an alumni, then west side south goal line, then west side north 15 yard line. Now... I'll have to start over, but such is life.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2021, 09:40:25 PM »
I wasn't going to get them this year, but I decided here at the last minute to buy some. I did the flex season pass which will have me in a different seat every game. I'm mostly expecting to have super shitty seats for the Oklahoma game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2021, 09:48:45 PM »
This is the first time since '05 that I will not have season tickets. Life changes, but we'll see what happens in the future.

I started out in the student section, then went to the east side upper deck as an alumni, then west side south goal line, then west side north 15 yard line. Now... I'll have to start over, but such is life.

I wouldn't worry, I see plenty of season ticket availability on the K-State Football horizon.   Single games are a breeze now, and will likely just get easier as the long term mediocrity fully sets in.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »
I had flex tickets in '18 and the seats were good side view around 0 to 20 yard line.  Only issue is fans you will be sitting next to may be the shits.  Good thing is I only had that issue at two games.  Good luck, Luke.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2021, 09:52:09 PM »

I wouldn't worry, I see plenty of season ticket availability on the K-State Football horizon.   Single games are a breeze now, and will likely just get easier as the long term mediocrity fully sets in.

It really sucks that we spent so much money with very little results.  :th_twocents:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2021, 10:20:56 PM »

It really sucks that we spent so much money with very little results.  :th_twocents:

While I hate comparisons to other schools, I think it is appropriate to note that we're not alone by any respect.   Lotta money spent at a lot of schools for very mediocre to moderate needle moving results.

I've been in Athens, Auburn and Tuscaloosa in the last 2 months and seen all of their latest work and been to games at all three.    K-State exceeds all but Auburn and their brand new football complex from a players amenities perspective.    The renovations and additions at Buttes-Mare (Georgia) and the Mal Moore Building (Alabama) are really nice, but neither building is as impressive as the VFFC.   K-State meets (on the East side) and exceeds with WSC and now the Shamrock Zone all the suites and clubs available at all three stadiums at this point in time. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2021, 10:47:07 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
Just leave them at the Taco John’s and let’s be done with it
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
They have to offer discounted tickets coming back from a pandemic? That's highly unusual and embarrassing, I bet we'll be the only big 12 school that have to work hard to sell tickets.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2021, 12:14:22 PM »
You can get them at the KC minor league baseball game too.  I gotta check w/Nick on the time zones, but I think it's too late to get them at kansas sampler.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
#shrug

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2021, 06:47:18 PM »
We could stoop down to Squawk level and give them away at the Kwik Shops with purchase.  Or as said before just leave stacks of tickets for the taking at Taco John's.  :dubious:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
season ticket talk
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2021, 10:18:08 AM »
The defending national champions have tickets available for 4 home games.   They’ve sold out the obvious ones.  LSU-Ole Miss (the Lane train returns)-Tenn. 

There’s also a reason they’re now chasing higher end non con home and homes, instead of the neutral site high end non con games they’ve been doing.

They’re advertising on the LED advertising boards along the Interstates.

In a perfect world the East Side is totally rebuilt and the upper level redesigned.  Seating capacity reduced to 47,500 and an intense focus on fan experience across the board.    Upper level gets same restroom and concessions access as lower level.   Seating capacity “wars” are over.  Drive a higher end fan experience across all ticket levels. K-State is close to doing that, one more step.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2021, 10:21:48 PM »
I don’t know how you spend the money needed to knock down the east side, start over & still have enough demand to increase suites/club ticket prices to pay for it. I’d love for there to be something different, but I don’t see the money working for a long time. Maybe I need to do some more research into what ASU did. I’d be all for just chopping off the top 10 rows if possible, but I can’t imagine it is economically feasible.

Those seats in the upper corners are terrible. I’m all for selling those as $99 season tickets for the next 15 years then re-evaluating.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:25:33 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2021, 06:37:18 PM »
Just chop off the whole top deck. How many people are up there anyway?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2021, 08:05:33 AM »
Just chop off the whole top deck. How many people are up there anyway?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Denied.

Stademonger’s ruling:

In order to be a big-time modern football stadium, it must have permanent bleachers on all four sides of the field and have at least one side with a decent-sized upper deck accessible to low-to middle income fans. Minimum is 15 rows — anything less is small-timey and embarrassing. Yes, the seating capacity arms race is pretty much over, there’s no argument about that. But there’s a limit to that, and as conference NCAA realignment rears its ugly and inevitable head again, it would be nice to be able to say that our stadium isn’t a laughable <50,000.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 01:33:23 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2021, 06:03:22 PM »