Author Topic: Endgame thread, The superhero movie finale (Spoliers)  (Read 3555 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Endgame thread, The superhero movie finale (Spoliers)
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 07:58:39 PM »
She appeared well after the Hulk snap.

Oops it was actually Stark that used the infinity stones to kill all the Thanos baddies, right? Is she shown after that happens? Can’t remember.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2019, 09:18:59 PM »
Actually I saw it yesterday and can’t remember either. But I am personally offended you forgot how Stark died seeing as that’s like the biggest plot line by far in the movie.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 09:24:04 AM »
She appeared well after the Hulk snap.

Oops it was actually Stark that used the infinity stones to kill all the Thanos baddies, right? Is she shown after that happens? Can’t remember.

95% sure she wasn't.

I enjoyed them bringing Faveau into the Iron Man funeral to kind of give him credit.  I am glad they killed off some main people to make the epic two-parter feel like there were some stakes.  I did not get Captain Marvel being grabbed by an unstoned Thanos.  Seemed inconsistent with her power. Also, wouldn't she be a natural fit to just put the glove on then instead of playing keep away?

When Thorbowski was talking to Valkyrie at the end overlooking the ocean, I was hoping he would pour out Stark's ashes out of a coffee can.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Yeah it’s a little upsetting that they insisted on introducing Captain Marvel before Endgame since it’s obvious they didn’t know what to do with her imbalanced powers.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »
Maybe it would have been better if they just had Captain Marvel come in at the end and save the day rather than be like, "y'all, I'm just too busy" for the whole movie.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
Maybe it would have been better if they just had Captain Marvel come in at the end and save the day rather than be like, "y'all, I'm just too busy" for the whole movie.

This and her horrible new haircut made me lol irl at the movie theater during the future debrief scene. "you might not see me for a while"  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »
I sat in front of some talkers. Some example dialogue:

Dummy 1: "Who is that?"
Dummy 2: "Captain America."

*Ant Man's first scene*

Dummy 1: "Who is that?"
Dummy 2: "Huh I'm not sure!"

Then Dummy 1 read "The Vanished" out loud (it wasn't the first time she'd read text on screen out loud) and I had to say something. And to her credit, she stopped.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2019, 12:45:08 PM »
I can’t imagine liking that movie if you don’t know all the characters.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »
Captain Marvel in Endgame probably helps to illustrate this awesome observation by me.

DC characters are just way, way more rough ridin' powerful. I mean, Superman alone could probably whip all of the Avengers asses at the same time. The Avengers are pretty much just humans in special little suits. Superman is rough ridin' indestructible, has super strength, super speed, can rough ridin' fly, shoots lasers that can destroy anything out of his rough ridin' eyes. And then you have these other supernatural bad motherfuckers like Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. It's just no contest, really.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 03:10:30 PM »
Captain Marvel in Endgame probably helps to illustrate this awesome observation by me.

DC characters are just way, way more rough ridin' powerful. I mean, Superman alone could probably whip all of the Avengers asses at the same time. The Avengers are pretty much just humans in special little suits. Superman is rough ridin' indestructible, has super strength, super speed, can rough ridin' fly, shoots lasers that can destroy anything out of his rough ridin' eyes. And then you have these other supernatural bad motherfuckers like Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. It's just no contest, really.

I mean, Batman is 100% just a human in a suit and he went toe to toe with Superman for a bit.