Author Topic: Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York  (Read 11618 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2022, 09:24:23 AM »
The joyous celebration of this is disturbing to me.  But I understand I have a starkly different opinion on this issue than most of you.

"you" i think just means the general population of the united states

Yes, certainly.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2022, 09:41:11 AM »
The joyous celebration of this is disturbing to me.  But I understand I have a starkly different opinion on this issue than most of you.

why is it disturbing to you?

You want me to explain the pro-life position?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2022, 09:46:32 AM »
Pro-life until they are born, then eff them kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2022, 09:57:51 AM »
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3305546

Kansas Voters support baby murder
3,005 Views | 66 Replies

Why'd I even look

Honestly seems like a pretty balanced thread. Some right whackos, not too many lefties, but a lot of level-headed responses as well.

I think it was the election being rigged/who's counting I can't get passed
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2022, 09:59:39 AM »
Not only did we win, we 35-7ed their asses.

Might be time to do some self-reflection and recalibrating of your position on this, dog. It was a beatdown in Kansas of all places, and would only be worse in most other states. People do not want this crap. Like pretty across the board.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2022, 10:04:58 AM »
I don't know that aligning with popular opinion is a compelling reason to change your thoughts on an issue.  I doubt _33, who readily admits his opinion on this board, is pro-life because he thought it was popular.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2022, 10:21:53 AM »
this is going to sound made up because of how moderate I am but I am moderate on abortion. I am pro-life with a wide range of exceptions. I wouldn't want those exceptions to be determined by the Ronny rough ridin' Ryckman's (massive downgrade from meade, ks in a long family of massive rough ridin' downgrades) of the world.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2022, 10:22:27 AM »

Like what about the vote and reaction in particular disturbed you in a way that you weren't disturbed before? The fact that it failed? The fact that people you thought were good people are actually pro-choice? That people felt more strongly about abortion rights than you thought? Or were you just always disturbed?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2022, 10:25:12 AM »
I don't know that aligning with popular opinion is a compelling reason to change your thoughts on an issue.  I doubt _33, who readily admits his opinion on this board, is pro-life because he thought it was popular.

No, but recognizing that a lot of kind, "good" people feel differently about an issue than you might make you wonder why those people feel that way. But it might not! :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2022, 10:41:09 AM »
_33 if it makes you feel any less disturbed, I will guarantee you that the folks ITT that are joyful about this ruling are NOT gettin their ladies' backs blown out so that they can rush to the clinic and murder the crap out of those babies. (Except maybe spracne? he's such a crazen sex-haver that you just can't possibly know with him). I also guarantee you that NONE of the afore mentioned folks (including spracne!) are going to go abduct mrs. _33 and drag her to clinic and force her to get an abortion and they also aren't going to bully her into getting one like on facebook or whatever. in fact i'm quite positive this will not directly impact your life in any way whatsoever unless its just really important to you that you get to tell other people how to live their lives but you seem like the type of person that wants to live your life the way you want to live it and don't seem overly concerned with how other people are living their lives so i suspect you're going to bounce back from this just fine.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2022, 10:47:40 AM »

Loads of pro life people voted No yesterday, what do you think that means?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2022, 10:53:46 AM »
Guess what pro lifers. You still get to be pro life! Zero consequences!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2022, 10:58:45 AM »
Yeah, I can guarantee you this as well, no one "likes" abortions, not even the women who end up getting them. But it's just such an important thing for them, their ability to know if their own life is at risk, or is their baby is going to have a super terrible quality of life, or what if they're raped, incest, etc. etc, that it's an option.

This idea of seeing it as some harlot screwing every tom dick and harry and using it as a cover up of a oopsie is so out of touch.

And again, if you want abortions to "go away", provide proper sex ed, advocate for contraception, and support women's choices
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2022, 11:04:17 AM »
And again, if you want abortions to "go away", provide proper sex ed, advocate for contraception, and support women's choices

This has always been a sticking point for me.  There are ways to affect the number of abortions and right-wing doesn't want to do it.  And they work!!

https://cdphe.colorado.gov/fpp/about-us/colorados-success-long-acting-reversible-contraception-larc

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2022, 11:11:25 AM »
_33 if it makes you feel any less disturbed, I will guarantee you that the folks ITT that are joyful about this ruling are NOT gettin their ladies' backs blown out so that they can rush to the clinic and murder the crap out of those babies. (Except maybe spracne? he's such a crazen sex-haver that you just can't possibly know with him). I also guarantee you that NONE of the afore mentioned folks (including spracne!) are going to go abduct mrs. _33 and drag her to clinic and force her to get an abortion and they also aren't going to bully her into getting one like on facebook or whatever. in fact i'm quite positive this will not directly impact your life in any way whatsoever unless its just really important to you that you get to tell other people how to live their lives but you seem like the type of person that wants to live your life the way you want to live it and don't seem overly concerned with how other people are living their lives so i suspect you're going to bounce back from this just fine.

Unfortunately for me there are many things in this world that don't affect me personally but are still disturbing to me in their injustice.  Thanks for the attempt at giving me some peace of mind though.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2022, 11:49:55 AM »
I understand your position, _33. But surely you have to appreciate by now that criminalizing abortion is probably the absolute worst way to solve whatever evil you think is at work here.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2022, 12:07:43 PM »
Anecdotally (and probably irl given the results) this rallied TF out of the KS low energy politics caring about’er. I have three employees in KS who have never mentioned politics or voting who told me they would be out to vote. And, from what I do know about them, they were all voting for the winning side of this deal (not for certain, just my feel). Your single issue abortion voter is never missing a vote. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2022, 12:12:23 PM »

Loads of pro life people voted No yesterday, what do you think that means?

This x1000.  When the rubber meets the road this will be the result in most states.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2022, 12:14:27 PM »
Like the thousands of “vote yes” yard sign people who mashes the “no” vote button the minute that curtain closed and they couldn’t virtue signal their neighborhood is astounding

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2022, 01:07:49 PM »
I would be interesting to hear an honest answer from the Yes crowd regarding the obvious attempt to mislead the public.  It might have all been this one group, but I doubt it.
 - Amendment written in such a way that either it was intentionally misleading or written by idiots and incompetents
 - Lots of texts, mailers, etc that further mislead making it sound like Yes is for rights most would associate with pro choice
 - TV ads from Harrison Butker, Patty Dunn, etc all making it sound like Yes is for rights most would associate with pro choice.
 - I came across several Reddit discussions with people actively trying to deceive the entire convo, then once the light of day was shown completely and obviously, they would edit their post to call everyone baby murderers, then move to other subreddits and start all over. 

This seems too large, far reaching, and involving too many individuals for this to only be the Forge Alliance folks, unless they are huge.

If the Yes crowd are going to blame this solely on the Forge Alliance group, how did they not catch it and change it or stop it once the campaign began? 

Given all the smoke, how does the every day person who wanted Yes to prevail feel about all the lying and misleading?  How does said lying fit into their belief system? 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2022, 01:10:00 PM »
Quit infringing on their rights

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2022, 01:19:30 PM »
I would be interesting to hear an honest answer from the Yes crowd regarding the obvious attempt to mislead the public.  It might have all been this one group, but I doubt it.
 - Amendment written in such a way that either it was intentionally misleading or written by idiots and incompetents
 - Lots of texts, mailers, etc that further mislead making it sound like Yes is for rights most would associate with pro choice
 - TV ads from Harrison Butker, Patty Dunn, etc all making it sound like Yes is for rights most would associate with pro choice.
 - I came across several Reddit discussions with people actively trying to deceive the entire convo, then once the light of day was shown completely and obviously, they would edit their post to call everyone baby murderers, then move to other subreddits and start all over. 

This seems too large, far reaching, and involving too many individuals for this to only be the Forge Alliance folks, unless they are huge.

If the Yes crowd are going to blame this solely on the Forge Alliance group, how did they not catch it and change it or stop it once the campaign began? 

Given all the smoke, how does the every day person who wanted Yes to prevail feel about all the lying and misleading?  How does said lying fit into their belief system?

I don't like the lying and misleading. It does not fit into my belief system.  I have to chalk it up to the political world being comprised almost entirely of complete and utter fools.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2022, 01:19:55 PM »
This was an absolute ass kicking at the polls.  close to a 20% loss in a state like Kansas even when you resort to the aforementioned aggressive mis-information campaign is a pretty significant harbinger of what will happen next time.