Author Topic: Chris Beard appreciation thread  (Read 7895 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Chris Beard appreciation thread
« on: April 04, 2019, 01:21:42 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Beard appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »
I hope he wins the whole rough ridin' thing
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
Love Chris Beard.

Apparently, he has some skeletons in his closet perhaps (?). I've read that for some of the bigger jobs that have opened in the past he hasn't got out of the pre-interview background stuff.

Whatever the case is, I like him.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 01:35:34 PM »
could see him not being an ass kisser when it comes to money people.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
Love Chris Beard.

Apparently, he has some skeletons in his closet perhaps (?). I've read that for some of the bigger jobs that have opened in the past he hasn't got out of the pre-interview background stuff.

Interesting to hear. They keep linking him to Texas if they move on.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 09:13:57 PM »
i appreciate him and his teams.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 09:31:18 PM »
At this point, it really looks like Tech could actually win the national championship. That's rough ridin' insane and I love it.

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »
At this point, it really looks like Tech could actually win the national championship. That's rough ridin' insane and I love it.

I'm with you.  I mean...they're a 3 seed, so it shouldn't feel so improbable, but it's Texas Tech, guys!  Given what we know about TT bball history, this feels like VCU playing for the title.  So happy for them, though.  Really.  Can't remember feeling such unadulterated joy for another team/fanbase.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 07:46:08 AM »
It really sticks in your craw that oscar Weber recruited, and coached, a final four caliber team these last two years and was dealt a horrible unlucky blow two years in a row. I'm not pulling this stuff out of a hat. Chris Beard, who is now coaching in the championship game, said that Kansas State was a championship team. He was right. I've seen a lot of great basketball up close, in my day, and I posted that this Kansas State team possessed that kind of greatness when they had their full team on the court. I'm right about this. They had the same kind of great defense that has led Texas Tech to the championship game.

This final four caliber team lost their most efficient player, two years in a row, just as the tournament began. Many claimed Coach Weber would not win with his own players. These will not allow that luck plays a huge part in who wins this tournament. Kansas State was as good, when healthy, as any team in this final four. Kansas State is every bit as good as Virginia and Texas Tech. That's the truth. But Kansas State did not have the good fortune that these two teams have had. First of all, Texas Tech went into this tournament with a better seed ( a seed that should have gone to Kansas State) and better health. Virginia, for heavens sake, has just won two games by a near miraculous turn of events. Let that sink in. If you don't think luck has a big hand in who advances through this tournament, then, you're living in a different world. Virginia was beaten twice and twice came back from the dead through a series of unbelievable ball bounces and happenings that would never happen again. With three seconds left, and down two, Virginia player dribbles the ball off his foot right before half court, picks it up and starts dribbling again. Once he gets by his defender, the defender fouls him because they have a foul to give. With less than two seconds left, Virginia gets bailed out on a desperation heave at the buzzer by a foul on a three pointer. You can't make this stuff up two weeks in a row. Virginia was destined to make the championship game this year.

You would have us believe that Chris Beard is where he is because he is a better coach than Weber and Texas Tech is a better team that Kansas State. How can you believe this when Beard and Texas Tech had a chance to separate themselves from Weber and the Cats through an eighteen game round robin? Through this 18 game round robin, Kansas State finished ahead of Tech and was seeded higher in the conference tournament.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 08:24:47 AM »
never had anything against texas tech. awesome if they can do it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 09:11:47 AM »
It really sticks in your craw that oscar Weber recruited, and coached, a final four caliber team these last two years and was dealt a horrible unlucky blow two years in a row. I'm not pulling this stuff out of a hat. Chris Beard, who is now coaching in the championship game, said that Kansas State was a championship team. He was right. I've seen a lot of great basketball up close, in my day, and I posted that this Kansas State team possessed that kind of greatness when they had their full team on the court. I'm right about this. They had the same kind of great defense that has led Texas Tech to the championship game.

This final four caliber team lost their most efficient player, two years in a row, just as the tournament began. Many claimed Coach Weber would not win with his own players. These will not allow that luck plays a huge part in who wins this tournament. Kansas State was as good, when healthy, as any team in this final four. Kansas State is every bit as good as Virginia and Texas Tech. That's the truth. But Kansas State did not have the good fortune that these two teams have had. First of all, Texas Tech went into this tournament with a better seed ( a seed that should have gone to Kansas State) and better health. Virginia, for heavens sake, has just won two games by a near miraculous turn of events. Let that sink in. If you don't think luck has a big hand in who advances through this tournament, then, you're living in a different world. Virginia was beaten twice and twice came back from the dead through a series of unbelievable ball bounces and happenings that would never happen again. With three seconds left, and down two, Virginia player dribbles the ball off his foot right before half court, picks it up and starts dribbling again. Once he gets by his defender, the defender fouls him because they have a foul to give. With less than two seconds left, Virginia gets bailed out on a desperation heave at the buzzer by a foul on a three pointer. You can't make this stuff up two weeks in a row. Virginia was destined to make the championship game this year.

You would have us believe that Chris Beard is where he is because he is a better coach than Weber and Texas Tech is a better team that Kansas State. How can you believe this when Beard and Texas Tech had a chance to separate themselves from Weber and the Cats through an eighteen game round robin? Through this 18 game round robin, Kansas State finished ahead of Tech and was seeded higher in the conference tournament.
Beard had definitely done better recruiting than oscar.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 09:27:40 AM »
He’s also going to put an unranked 3 star prospect into the first round of the draft as underclassman in back to back years. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 10:58:37 AM »
I don’t know if Beard appreciates the celebrations in Lubbock last night
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 02:53:53 PM »
Let's enjoy this for Coach Beard and a fanbase that never saw it coming several years ago.

Dean couldn't stay on the floor, which isn't oscar's fault. Dean's body was going to react this way at whatever school he played with. Tech and UVA are proof that oscar style slow it down can win. Let me remind everyone that Doke going down for KU was HUGELY impactful on the conference race. What an epic conference race it would've been with KU at full strength and Dean healthy. But still, oscar needs to prove it a little more in the dance. And this Tech team is better than oscar's elite 8 squad, but that says more about Tech than any oscar deficiency.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2022, 08:24:28 AM »
There are reports that Chris Michael Beard - 49 was arrested by Austin PD at 4:18am this morning for assault.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 08:27:15 AM »

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 08:34:40 AM »
Charged with 3rd degree felony. Wow.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 08:45:47 AM »
Not a great 24 hours for former Texas Tech coaches

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2022, 08:56:51 AM »

That can carry 2-10 years in jail if convicted.  Texas might be looking for a new head coach. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2022, 09:14:36 AM »

That can carry 2-10 years in jail if convicted.  Texas might be looking for a new head coach.

Yeah, if what he is accused of is even remotely true then I suspect he will be fired for cause by the end of the week.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »
 :surprised:

Love Chris Beard.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2022, 09:47:17 AM »
Tang to Texas

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2022, 09:48:21 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2022, 09:57:52 AM »
Just when UT basketball bets up and running again the life gets choked out of it.