Author Topic: What a downer  (Read 5821 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What a downer
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2019, 11:49:45 PM »
9 seeds don't get a fortunate draw.

KS got a dream path to the F4 last year. Incredibly lucky. Kentucky was standing in his way. I'll give him that. Creighton, UMBC and Loyola? You'd take that every single year, even with UK mixed in somewhere.

You know what's odd? I hear some mention that oscar got lucky that the got to play a team who beat the one seed, but I never hear those same people talk about the misfortune of having to play a clearly misseeded Kentucky team in '14.

Are you saying KS wasn't lucky to play UMBC? Surely not. Have to ask, though. Speaking of UK, how fortunate to get an inferior 2018 Wildcats team rather than one of their juggernauts. But this is all misdirection. Let's say 2014 was unlucky. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing 2018 was a dream scenario, which it clearly was. E8 is still E8. Gotta win games. But oscar is oscar. He needs luck more than most good coaches.

What I'm saying is, well I pretty much already said it but you cut it out from the post, teams with low seeds that make the elite 8 have very similar runs that we did. Loyola played seeds of 9, 7, 3, and 6. Were we lucky not to play the 1, of course we were, upsets are a part of the tournament for everyone. We did have to actually win that game, we had to beat the team that just beat the #1 team in the country. Yes, our road was easier than a 9 seed who has to beat the 8, 1, 4, and 2. But who in the hell has ever done that?

If, even a year later, you couldn't enjoy the elite 8 run, and realize that every tournament team ever experiences good fortune, then you simply have an agenda. I don't even know why we're still talking about this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:14:13 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 07:54:35 AM »
MIR, I think all you need to say is that you’d have to be a complete dumbass to believe that tournament success is a good indicator of a coach’s abilities, while also discounting a coach’s tournament success because of lucky matchups.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »
 :party:
He most definitely screwed the The Flush thing up, you can't even give him credit for consistency because he played Carti with two. He makes mistakes, all coaches do, he still hasn't overcame the circumstances of his hire which magnifies his individual mistakes, and makes them less forgivable, to much of the fan base.

This is true. At least it is for me. Brice has his positives and his negatives and I will always freak out about the negatives. The Flush was a once a decade player for kstate. Not because he was Bill walker good at basketball but because of everything else. I genuinely believe that he alone saved this coachings staffs jobs.

In his last game at kstate, playing for himself and his team and the staff and the university, after all that he gave, they chose to sit him for 14 minutes in the first half. It’s just mind boggling. I don’t know Barry personally and I don’t sit in on the practices, but he’s a senior guard and the unquestionable most important person on the team. He also seems like a very very smart person and player. Why the eff so you take that man and apply a two fouls you have to sit rule in that situation? It’s just unfucking real.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 10:42:42 AM »
oscar doesn’t need currie around to sit his seniors in ncaa tournament games

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »
oscar doesn’t need currie around to sit his seniors in ncaa tournament games

This post made me chuckle, cry, and curse.