General Discussion > Essentially Flyertalk

University bribery scandal

(1/21) > >>

MakeItRain:
If I missed the thread about this please forgive me and merge but how amazingly layered this thing is.
1. Are there really people out there clamoring for the FBI to devote the resources they did to this? Rich people using their money to get their kids into universities is the least shocking thing ever.
2. What an amazing racket the ringleader had. Someone paid him $1.2 million dollars to give a coach a $400,000 bribe. Holy crap, this guy made the easiest money ever. It will be waiting for him after he does his 16 months in club fed.
3. Who in the world bribes someone to get their kid into Texas Tech? WTF?
4. Why didn't these people just walk into the chancellor's office and offer to build a building?
5. Lori Laughlin getting a million dollar bail for $500,000 in bribes is rough ridin' outrageous. How does that make any sense?

MakeItRain:
One more thing, women in their mid 30's talking SATs, how in the hell does that work?

Brock Landers:
This is a pretty amazing story and also lol at how incredibly dumb rich people can be.

Also regarding point #5: Lori Laughlin, if you need anything at all, I'm here for you.  Well anything except for your bail money but everything else is on the table.

mocat:
Lmao @ #3 is that for real

8manpick:
I'm just pissed about the income I missed out on when I could have been taking ACTs and Stats for rich kids. Wasted my youth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version