Author Topic: That dunk by Sneed and that one guy's reaction (2H ISU)  (Read 1936 times)

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
That dunk by Sneed and that one guy's reaction (2H ISU)
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:45:08 PM »
Both worthy of their own threads.  I mean...that dunk (and drive) were Lebron-like, and that guy on the Katz bench celebrating and being dragged backward by a teammate was absolutely hilarious.  Are people talking about these things elsewhere?  I want to look into having a GIF sequence of it tattooed across my chest, guys.  It was literally 10x as much fun as beating ISU without it would have been.  I had never been more proud to be a wildcat fan.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:49:31 PM by TheProdigiousTalent »

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: That dunk by Sneed and that one guy's reaction (2H ISU)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 11:56:25 PM »
This was the basketball version of '03 KSU over OU in the Big 12 title game.  The nobody-is-watching equivalent of Pullen outshining and outlasting Fredette.  But in like 5 seconds worth of elapsed time.  Dare I say the single greatest temporal density of cat greatness in perhaps decades.  I think the cats realized this was a truly singular moment and couldn't stay focused afterward.

To ignore this glorious moment of exceptionalism would be tragic.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 12:02:09 AM »
agree TPT  :cheers:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 12:08:03 AM »
It was like that time Marcus Foster blew all our minds by literally jumping/dunking right over some big guy from Utah State or something...but with a quick cut away to Pablo $#*&ng Picasso painting a masterpiece right next to Chris Lowery.  I mean...I almost cried, guys.  IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 12:15:29 AM »
The bench celebration was legitimately Cinderella-over-top-overall-seed-for-NCAA-title quality.  I'm almost sad we used it on such a small stage and against a foe as forgettable as Flood Aggie.  But I'll be damned if I won't cherish it forever.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:21:52 AM by TheProdigiousTalent »

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
"The dunk" is why the phase posterized was created. I think for the Katz the game was really about such moments of having fun and not really about winning a meaningless tournament, which is really the kind of kind of small ttime stage fit for Iowry State, if you know hat I mean.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »
It was like that time Marcus Foster blew all our minds by literally jumping/dunking right over some big guy from Utah State or something...but with a quick cut away to Pablo $#*&ng Picasso painting a masterpiece right next to Chris Lowery.  I mean...I almost cried, guys.  IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL.

Gonzaga, it was David Stockton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 08:42:47 PM »

Gonzaga, it was David Stockton
That's right!  I thought I remembered it was the son of an NBA hall of famer but couldn't remember the school or the name.  Well done.

I never thought of Foster as explosive until that moment.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 10:49:09 PM »
I loved The Swimpull. (c) 2019

Super GD funny and watching it in slowmo a few times afterward was especially lol. If Kougar still posted here he's probably make it a gif. Might've been the hardest I've LOLWTF'd since The Dive.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12