Poll

296 wins gets Bruce to most W’s in KSU men’s basketball history.   Will he make it?

Hell No- He retires well short
11 (44%)
Yes- He coaches 7 more years and breaks it with a few games to spare
11 (44%)
He dies on the court after 294 and is runner up to Jack Hartman for eternity.
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: O/U on oscar Weber getting 296 wins at KSU  (Read 3985 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
O/U on oscar Weber getting 296 wins at KSU
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:24:30 AM »
Would need a replica of last 7 years to get to 300.  I think he does it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: O/U on oscar Weber getting 296 wins at KSU
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 12:18:25 PM »
 Is set the over /under at 5.5.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 09:36:04 PM »
if this happens, build it over bill's statue

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:40:18 PM »
oscar Weber will go down as the greatest coach in KSU history.
:adios:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 04:56:59 AM »
oscar Weber will go down as the greatest coach in KSU history.
Probably, and in like 60 years (or less) nobody will remember that he was only mildly liked.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 05:52:10 AM »
Will be hard for oscar to surpass Tex Winter's 8 conference titles, four Elite Eights and two Final Fours

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:52 AM »
Will be hard for oscar to surpass Tex Winter's 8 conference titles, four Elite Eights and two Final Fours
Important to remember that it took 1 NCAA tournament win to make the Elite 8 and 2 to make the Final 4 for each of those.
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 10:03:00 AM »
yea it’s apples to oranges really in the tournament.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
i'm sure the play hard chart (PHC) will become more famous than the triangle offense also.  can't wait to get oscar's signature on the floor, preferably in orange crayon.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 10:19:50 AM »
yea it’s apples to oranges really in the tournament.
But also much, much harder to get in. How many tourney appearances would oscar have? Maybe 1, this year?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 10:27:19 AM »
he won't be here in 4 years.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 10:29:39 AM »
lol. Why?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »
i have a a friend who oscar considers part of what he calls his "inner sanctum"- it's basically 6 guys oscar has known for many years and who represent different roles in protecting oscar from various maladies. 

two of the men are big shot attorney's out of new york city (both attorneys for large multi-national conglomerates)
two of the men are physicians- specifically one is a plastic surgeon and the other is an internist who had previously been a vascular surgeon
one of the men is a banker (this is my friend) who lives in Basel, Switzerland
the last is a recontour of sorts, former intelligence officer, a career spent in the shadows.  he may not even exist outside of oscar's imagination

anyway, the story goes that the inner sanctum fly into mhk once a month to basically outline a scorecard on oscar, letting him know what's going on in the world of oscar.  apparently at february's inner sanctum meeting, oscar spoke openly about parlaying this season's success into a move- possibly to an east coast school, possibly to a school named villanova.  the inner sanctum has intercepted some cables describing a scenario whereby villanova's ad, who has been more than vocal about his displeasure with jay wright's performance this season, makes a move to unseat the coach and replace him with weber.   

i'm only telling you guys all of this because i want you to enjoy tonight, enjoy the moment, oscar won't be in manhattan forever and we need to enjoy what we have for as long as we have it. the inner sanctum's priority #1 is to move oscar to a bigger, higher profile role and out of mhk as quickly as possible.  there are even political aspirations at play and that dog isn't going to hunt in kansas. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 10:50:01 AM »
i have a a friend who oscar considers part of what he calls his "inner sanctum"- it's basically 6 guys oscar has known for many years and who represent different roles in protecting oscar from various maladies. 

two of the men are big shot attorney's out of new york city (both attorneys for large multi-national conglomerates)
two of the men are physicians- specifically one is a plastic surgeon and the other is an internist who had previously been a vascular surgeon
the last is a recontour of sorts, former intelligence officer, a career spent in the shadows.  he may not even exist outside of oscar's imagination

anyway, the story goes that the inner sanctum fly into mhk once a month to basically outline a scorecard on oscar, letting him know what's going on in the world of oscar.  apparently at february's inner sanctum meeting, oscar spoke openly about parlaying this season's success into a move- possibly to an east coast school, possibly to a school named villanova.  the inner sanctum has intercepted some cables describing a scenario whereby villanova's ad, who has been more than vocal about his displeasure with jay wright's performance this season, makes a move to unseat the coach and replace him with weber.   

i'm only telling you guys all of this because i want you to enjoy tonight, enjoy the moment, oscar won't be in manhattan forever and we need to enjoy what we have for as long as we have it. the inner sanctum's priority #1 is to move oscar to a bigger, higher profile role and out of mhk as quickly as possible.  there are even political aspirations at play and that dog isn't going to hunt in kansas.
:jerk:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

Can we trade for Jay Wright?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »
Could this board handle KSU hiring another freshly fired coach?

Offline jar

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 11:23:25 AM »
there are even political aspirations at play and that dog isn't going to hunt in kansas.

The right campaign manager (me) could get him elected in Kansas

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »
He's not coaching into until he's 70. He's not going to see the end of Goodnews' eligibility. The countdown to the Lowery era is on. Purple!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 11:56:16 AM »
It sounds like oscar's inner sanctum operates in the exact same way as Huggins' hillbilly drinking buds.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »

riveting stuff. thank you SO much for sharing, clams.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 12:28:31 PM »
He's not coaching into until he's 70. He's not going to see the end of Goodnews' eligibility. The countdown to the Lowery era is on. Purple!

I considered this quite a bit in my analysis.  I’m sure he doesn’t care about getting 300 wins but I looked at K, Roy, Boeheim, Larranaga, Hamilton, Tubby, Kruger  and thought man the precedent for coaches in that age range certainly exists at high major programs.  The Lowery succession is very interesting and probably warrants its own thread, I’m personally a big fan of that happening.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 02:47:30 PM »
Most bball coaches appear to be fit. Chris Lowery doesn't. Hindrance? You decide.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 03:03:38 PM »
i mean he's 62, 7 years is 69 (HA THE SEX NUMBER)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »
You’d say Nice when you do the sex number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 03:53:18 PM »
as long as oscar's hair looks good he should continue to coach. when his hair starts going to other direction, i think that'll be the sign that it's time to go.