Author Topic: EMERGENCY!  (Read 20755 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: EMERGENCY!
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2019, 02:12:00 PM »
Fixing the border without a rough ridin' medieval wall.

Trump should claim that most of the border crossers are devout hyper conservative Catholics and big fans of MAGA.   There'd already be $25 billion earmarked in the House.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2019, 02:12:28 PM »
The great deal maker can't move Congress (which his team controls) in two years to act on an initiative rubes we're chanting about with bloodthirst and dax is over hear blaming everybody else in 2019.

Great stuff.

Pubs control the House?  Revisionism on display right there.

8 long years to pass comprehensive immigration reform:  Phil's guy gets a solid F-

Rubes aren't the best at reading.

I already agreed prior administrations (plural) have failed partly due to nobody was that into this topic until you got hoarse chanting build the wall. I also asked you to expand on what you think comprehensive immigration reform looks like.

Crickets.

The president called on Congress to bring immigration reform legislation repeatedly.    Your guy stood up on multiple occasions as a Sen and extolled the need for comprehensive immigration reform while in the same breath saying that the U.S. needed much tougher border security.   You people talked about walls all the time, except it was virtual walls using high tech gear.   That was before your guy and his minions went about propping up the Central American thugs and the humanitarian and human rights crisis that entailed.

Dealmakers gets things done when he holds all the cards for 2 years. Just admit he failed. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2019, 02:12:50 PM »
I had no idea that dax was this horny for an emergency wall.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »
The levels of illegal border crossing/attempted illegal border is at unprecedented levels.

Good one, Dax!

:lol:

At current pace, it will at minimum blow by the previous 5 Federal Fiscal Years by a wide margin, likely months early.   The current FFY avg is 60K caught/inadmissible a month . . . that's just what they catch. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2019, 02:20:31 PM »
The great deal maker can't move Congress (which his team controls) in two years to act on an initiative rubes we're chanting about with bloodthirst and dax is over hear blaming everybody else in 2019.

Great stuff.

Pubs control the House?  Revisionism on display right there.

8 long years to pass comprehensive immigration reform:  Phil's guy gets a solid F-

Rubes aren't the best at reading.

I already agreed prior administrations (plural) have failed partly due to nobody was that into this topic until you got hoarse chanting build the wall. I also asked you to expand on what you think comprehensive immigration reform looks like.

Crickets.

The president called on Congress to bring immigration reform legislation repeatedly.    Your guy stood up on multiple occasions as a Sen and extolled the need for comprehensive immigration reform while in the same breath saying that the U.S. needed much tougher border security.   You people talked about walls all the time, except it was virtual walls using high tech gear.   That was before your guy and his minions went about propping up the Central American thugs and the humanitarian and human rights crisis that entailed.

Dealmakers gets things done when he holds all the cards for 2 years. Just admit he failed.

It was a 2 part mandate, Phil.  The only reason the first part didn't pass is that icons/leaders of your movement have pulled a complete 180 from what they extolled in years past, all for political reasons.  Translation:  Playing politics with national security

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2019, 02:21:36 PM »

Recognizing you're beat is a good first step, Chum.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
And let's not forget we weren't even paying for it.

Failure. Just a microcosm of the entire administration

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2019, 02:24:21 PM »
The levels of illegal border crossing/attempted illegal border is at unprecedented levels.

Good one, Dax!

At current pace, it will at minimum blow by the previous 5 Federal Fiscal Years by a wide margin, likely months early.   The current FFY avg is 60K caught/inadmissible a month . . . that's just what they catch.

Where'd you get your numbers, Dax?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »

Good one, Dax!

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2019, 02:29:28 PM »
The only reason you're opposing this, is because 1.  It's Trump 2.  You want an open border.

First of all, the border which is the demarcation point for a nations sovereign territory absolutely falls under the purview of the Government, anything to the contrary is laughable.   The fact that LibDerp Nation is trying to say a border and border security wall falls into the category of Bill or Barry stroking a pen and grabbing hundreds of thousands of acres of land in Utah or Nevada is comical in every respect.
I do not care that it's Trump.  The border is one of the issues I care about least either way.  I'm opposed to an "open border," but I'm not sure a wall is the best allocation of resources.  Maybe it is? Who am i to say? If Congress put money up for it, I don't care.  If Congress didn't, I don't care.  But honestly - wall/no wall.  I don't give a crap.  My beef has little to do with the wall itself. 

My main beef with this is the president unilaterally expanding his power.  This is why we have congress.  This is why we have separation of powers.  Letting the president unilaterally push through what amounts to legislation of his campaign promise tosses all that crap right in the garbage. 

I griped about Obama doing similar stuff (just as I'm sure you did). 

#cosign
@mikec2w

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2019, 02:32:54 PM »

Obviously dax has had some really epic and memorable meltdowns, but I don't ever remember him being so enthusiastic.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »
Coulter really hit the nail on the head.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2019, 02:35:39 PM »

Obviously dax has had some really epic and memorable meltdowns, but I don't ever remember him being so enthusiastic.

I will give you credit, you're not your usual Friday bitchy self.  Nice work.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »
And let's not forget we weren't even paying for it.

Failure. Just a microcosm of the entire administration

Given the total failures of your guy, the messes left behind, the zealot level of interference in order to protect the legacy of those 8 wasted years of which nothing good came out of the White House . . . it is tough sledding.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2019, 02:42:39 PM »
I'm happy for.you dax. You obviously love overreacting government and getting it in spades today.  Enjoy the weekend!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »
I'm happy for.you dax. You obviously love overreacting government and getting it in spades today.  Enjoy the weekend!

What was one of LibDerp Naton's favorite icons and mayor of a failing major city's favorite saying (realizing lots of Lib icons are mayors of failing cities)?  Something about never letting a crisis go to waste?

I suppose that it's not a crisis until LibDerp Nation declares it so.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2019, 03:36:43 PM »

Good one, Dax!

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

I missed that key point. Good job.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »
Sorry guys, I’m on vacation and I just don’t have time to play whackamole with all your stupid arguments or even read all your posts. But I did see we appear to be circling back to eminent domain? :lol: Here’s the thing: the a slight difference between the use of eminent domain for a genuine public purpose, like say, building a border wall, and leveling a couple blocks of poorer homes to build a fancy new strip mall for more tax revenue (the kind of ED libs love - see Kelo). Of you own land on an international border then selling a strip of it for a border wall probably should not come as a great surprise. And I don’t think the “plight” of the ranchers subject to ED is going to sway much public opinion. But anyway, by all means keep going with this argument. :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
Coulter really hit the nail on the head.

She isn't right very often but she was 100%

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2019, 04:31:26 PM »
I know this has a ways to go to play out, but I’d be shocked and disappointed if this passed constitutional muster simply because we have a case where (i) congress (who has the sole authority under the constitution to appropriate funds) discussed appropriating funds to basically the exact same things, and (ii) actually DID appropriate some funds to that thing.

If the president can redo the budget to get closer to what he wants by declaring an emergency (which there is apparently no standard for), then he has the same budgetary powers as congress. If that’s the correct application of the statutes then those laws just have to be unconstitutional.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »
This is actually really great precedent.  I can't wait until President AOC uses it to nationalize Amazon and finally hold public executions for the surviving Bush/Obama/Trump era war criminals.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »
I don't expect this to set any sort of precedent at all. It would have to hold up in court to do that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2019, 06:36:45 PM »
Unfortunate for Mexico that this is all finally going down and they're gonna have to hand over that money.  Monday?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
I'm sure layaway.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile