Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 999568 times)

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1125 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
Batman's a symbol that we don't have to be afraid of scum like you

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
Never Let Me Go

Directed by the guy who directed One Hour Photo.  It has new Spiderman guy, Kiera Knightly, and girl from Drive.  Set in a society that raises test tube babies to be harvested for their organs in their young-adulthood it's sort of a sci-fi flick that follows the aforementioned three around. 

It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful.   

I'd give it ever recommendation i can.

The Matrix?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 10, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
you guys are jerks.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 10, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »
The Dark Knight is on my tivo constantly now, but I keep getting Batman blocked by my 5 and 7 yr olds. 

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »
you guys are jerks.

seriously though, it is now on my list. sounds good, thx.

Offline Dr. Feelgood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 10, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »
I've gotten through most the good movies streaming on netflix and have moved on to the crazy religion/corporate food/9-11/oil conpiracy documentaries. I dont agree with much of what they are saying but It's interesting to think about.

Also Cocaine Cowboys is good, like really good, much better than I remembered from the first time. Planning to watch CC2 sometime soon but I dont remember it being as good as the first one.
Did you watch "Zeitgeist?"

CC is just fantastic.  It would be tough to measure up to CC, and while CC2 isn't really in the same league it's still pretty great in it's own righ.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
Never Let Me Go

Directed by the guy who directed One Hour Photo.  It has new Spiderman guy, Kiera Knightly, and girl from Drive.  Set in a society that raises test tube babies to be harvested for their organs in their young-adulthood it's sort of a sci-fi flick that follows the aforementioned three around. 

It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful.   

sounds like Nightmare on Elm Street

Little Monsters starring the Fred Savage and Howie Mandel.  "It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful."  Yeah. 

I think there were some allusions to baby harvesting too.  At least metaphorically.

Doesn't some kid drink pee in that movie? It's pretty disgusting if I remember correctly.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 10, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »
Never Let Me Go

Little Monsters starring the Fred Savage and Howie Mandel.  "It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful."  Yeah. 

I think there were some allusions to baby harvesting too.  At least metaphorically.

Doesn't some kid drink pee in that movie? It's pretty disgusting if I remember correctly.

R. Kelly Home Movies?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 10, 2012, 11:06:10 AM »
Never Let Me Go

It's the bully, Ronnie.  They put cat food in his sandwich and piss in his apple juice.  They all make friends in the end though. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »
Never Let Me Go

It's the bully, Ronnie.  They put cat food in his sandwich and piss in his apple juice.  They all make friends in the end though.

Haha, that's right. I watched that movie like 10 times when I was a kid. Sadly, parents today don't find the movie appropriate for their sheltered kids.

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/little-monsters/user-reviews/adult

THIS MOVIE HAS PROBLEMS YOU NEVER WANT TO ENCOUNTER
THIS IS A HORRIBLE MOVIE! Very inappropriate scenes and talk. Women are used as sex objects, and the main character watches a show dedicated to just that. One scene even includes the monster peeing in a bottle of apple juice as a prank (from the back side though). Bad language is used constantly throughout the movie. This includes p***, b*****, d***, s***, and others. Violent character RIPS KID'S HEAD OFF, after torturing him! Disturbing, violent, crude, inappropriate! Note to parents: Don't ever let your kids see this movie! KEEP THEIR MINDS SAFE. Don't let this horror into them. IT IS JUST COMPLETELY TERRIBLE STUFF!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 10, 2012, 11:31:44 AM »
I've gotten through most the good movies streaming on netflix and have moved on to the crazy religion/corporate food/9-11/oil conpiracy documentaries. I dont agree with much of what they are saying but It's interesting to think about.

Also Cocaine Cowboys is good, like really good, much better than I remembered from the first time. Planning to watch CC2 sometime soon but I dont remember it being as good as the first one.

CC is just fantastic.  It would be tough to measure up to CC, and while CC2 isn't really in the same league it's still pretty great in it's own righ.

Zeitgeist was one of the crazy documentaries I watched. I found it interesting but not life changing by any means.

Offline Dr. Feelgood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 10, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »

Zeitgeist was one of the crazy documentaries I watched. I found it interesting but not life changing by any means.
Indeed.  Was a great cornuocopia of conspiracy

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 10, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
Never Let Me Go

Yeah, I liked it.  The interesting part is that the sci-fi part of it was just background, not the basis for the movie.  Its a love and regret story.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 10, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
Bourne Trilogy was on TNT over the weekend. Never saw them before.

Solid A.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:31 PM »
Never Let Me Go

I enjoyed your descriptions of the actors of whom you don't know the names.  The fact that I still don't know who either is doesn't change that.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »

Solid A.

facepalm emoticon good grief, i'm not going to read the other 45 pages of the treacherous POS thread but i hope this was your first post in it.

absolutely no excuses for not seeing the bourne movies.  none.   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 10, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »
I've never seen the Bourne movies.  Or 98% of movies mentioned in this thread.  Or 98% of the TV shows mentioned in the TV show thread. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 10, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
I've never seen the Bourne movies.  Or 98% of movies mentioned in this thread.  Or 98% of the TV shows mentioned in the TV show thread. 

congrats on losing

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 10, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »

congrats on losing

maybe he is winning and we just don't know it?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 10, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »

congrats on losing

He is just hoarding his AMC/Carmike platinum rewards points for one giant blowout.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 10, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »

congrats on losing

no.  we know it.  the bourne trilogy?  omaha?  come the eff on.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 10, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

Solid A.

facepalm emoticon good grief, i'm not going to read the other 45 pages of the treacherous POS thread but i hope this was your first post in it.

absolutely no excuses for not seeing the bourne movies.  none.   

hey, but i've seen them now. It's a work in progress.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 10, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »

congrats on losing

no.  we know it.  the bourne trilogy? omaha?  come the eff on.

LOL.

speaking of the bourne trilogy, if you like that, and can stand reading subtitles check out "The Man From Nowhere." Similar in ass kickery cept he is probably more bad ass than Jason. On netflix.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 10, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
Dl'ed Harry Potter 9: The Lady in Black last night and plan on watching it tonight.  Any good?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 10, 2012, 03:32:14 PM »
I re-watched Man on Fire (the Denzel one) and omg Tony Scott, would you please not ever make a film with that many shakes and strobes and sound effects and 0.2 second cuts all over the place? How gauche.