Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1011031 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1100 on: July 07, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »
Watching Batman Begins in order to refresh my memory for the new one in a couple weeks.

I will be attending the Batman trilogy marathon at the Ward Parkway AMC on the 19th, with Batman Begins starting at 6 pm finishing with the premiere of The Dark Knight Rises at midnight.

Ts & Ps.

for yourself? because you don't get to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity?

I paused Batman Begins at least 10 times before falling asleep with about 30 minutes left.
yeah I think it took me two or three nights to finish that one  :zzz:

Imagine not being able to take a break for 10 hours because you're stuck between some smelly guys in capes and hannibal lecter masks.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 07, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »
Brave, meh.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 07, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
Brave, meh.

Is it me, or could they have gotten rid of the entire mom/bear bit, and actually had a better movie. Shorter, but better.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 07, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
Watching Batman Begins in order to refresh my memory for the new one in a couple weeks.

I will be attending the Batman trilogy marathon at the Ward Parkway AMC on the 19th, with Batman Begins starting at 6 pm finishing with the premiere of The Dark Knight Rises at midnight.

Ts & Ps.

for yourself? because you don't get to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity?

I paused Batman Begins at least 10 times before falling asleep with about 30 minutes left.
ugh, agreed.  what a snoozer.

love dark knight though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 07, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Brave, meh.

Is it me, or could they have gotten rid of the entire mom/bear bit, and actually had a better movie. Shorter, but better.

Yes, although the 3 baby bear cubs bit was probably the most adorable part of the film.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »

Ts & Ps.

ugh, agreed.  what a snoozer.

love dark knight though.

It wasn't even that the movie's bad.  It's just too long and didn't engage me enough.  My recollection actually is that it's better than Dark Knight.  We'll see.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 07, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
I am not into batman.  I will rent them, but the last time I saw one in the theater was the Jack Nicholson one.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 07, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »
I am not into batman.  I will rent them, but the last time I saw one in the theater was the Jack Nicholson one.

Cole's gonna want to see it in the IMAX.  :dunno:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 07, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »

batman returns for a friend's 3rd grade birthday party for me, but it's also the last one i've seen period.  i should probably fix that i guess

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 07, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »
i just finished downloading ted.  expecting to be very disappointed.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »
i just finished downloading ted.  expecting to be very disappointed.
cam versions are never fun, wtf are you thinking

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 07, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
ted isn't a movie that i'm worried about the visuals.  it's marky mark and a teddy bear.

i'd much rather watch this piece of crap for free on a shitty cam version than to pay to be bored to crap.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 08, 2012, 12:58:35 AM »
jeff who lives at home- really liked it. it'd prob be the movie i'd make if i was talented and could make movies. i'm not.

Just watched this. Really enjoyed it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 09, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »
Saw a matinee of Moonrise Kingdom this afternoon.  Very great and enjoyable movie.  Not gonna lie, Nicname covertly wiped a way some happy ones at the end  :cry:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1114 on: July 09, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
covertly wiped a way some happy ones at the end

Took me a really long time to interpret this as non-disgusting.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 10, 2012, 09:51:43 AM »
Never Let Me Go

Directed by the guy who directed One Hour Photo.  It has new Spiderman guy, Kiera Knightly, and girl from Drive.  Set in a society that raises test tube babies to be harvested for their organs in their young-adulthood it's sort of a sci-fi flick that follows the aforementioned three around. 

It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful.   

I'd give it ever recommendation i can.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 10, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
Never Let Me Go

Directed by the guy who directed One Hour Photo.  It has new Spiderman guy, Kiera Knightly, and girl from Drive.  Set in a society that raises test tube babies to be harvested for their organs in their young-adulthood it's sort of a sci-fi flick that follows the aforementioned three around. 

It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful.   

Sounds like a Logan's Run ripoff.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
Sounds like a Logan's Run ripoff.
i don't know what that is.  let me wiki it.

edit:

it's nowhere near a ripoff.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 10, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
Never Let Me Go

This sounds like The Island.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 10, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
Never Let Me Go

This sounds like The Island.
hold on.

Edit:

Nuh uh, not like the island.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
I've gotten through most the good movies streaming on netflix and have moved on to the crazy religion/corporate food/9-11/oil conpiracy documentaries. I dont agree with much of what they are saying but It's interesting to think about.

Also Cocaine Cowboys is good, like really good, much better than I remembered from the first time. Planning to watch CC2 sometime soon but I dont remember it being as good as the first one.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
Never Let Me Go

sounds like Nightmare on Elm Street
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »
Never Let Me Go

I enjoyed that movie.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
Never Let Me Go

sounds like Nightmare on Elm Street

Little Monsters starring the Fred Savage and Howie Mandel.  "It is terribly tragic, but it was really good.  What they were getting at was beautiful."  Yeah. 

I think there were some allusions to baby harvesting too.  At least metaphorically. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
you guys watch some crap movies

also of note- the batman movies suck and so does batman, i really hope that helps some of you geniuses

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.