Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 999585 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #650 on: December 27, 2011, 08:52:16 AM »
Do not understand the Hugo love. Cool visuals, solid acting, etc. But pretty forgettable story.

yep.  Scorcese loves the crap out of the old silent films and wanted you to know about it. 

Ha. Nailed it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 27, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »
Tale of Two Cities (1958)

What a story.  Old Sydney is probably my favorite character in any piece of literature.

Isn't it amazing when you watch a movie made more than 5-10 years ago and it doesn't suck? Just rewatched The Man Who Would be King for the first time since I was a kid. Still great. Would be a good remake, expect they'd probably put Nicolas Cage in it.

Same with me rewatching Big Trouble in Little China on netflix.  Still love that movie a whole bunch and now can appreciate the more adult stuff.  Nic Cage would make a great David Lo Pan.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 27, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »
Wonderland.   pretty good.

Really enjoy this movie for some reason. Great soundtrack too.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 27, 2011, 09:56:10 AM »
Wonderland.   pretty good.

Really enjoy this movie for some reason. Great soundtrack too.

Great movie.

Val Kilmer covering Gordon Lightfoot.   :thumbs: :lol: :lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 27, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
planet of the apes movie was pretty good.

midnight in paris was weird

watching cowboys & aliens tonight, i'm assuming it will suck, but it seems like it might be so bad that it's good

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »

What a story.  Old Sydney is probably my favorite character in any piece of literature.

Isn't it amazing when you watch a movie made more than 5-10 years ago and it doesn't suck? Just rewatched The Man Who Would be King for the first time since I was a kid. Still great. Would be a good remake, expect they'd probably put Nicolas Cage in it.

Same with me rewatching Big Trouble in Little China on netflix.  Still love that movie a whole bunch and now can appreciate the more adult stuff.  Nic Cage would make a great David Lo Pan.

I would watch Wild Hog if they let Nic Cage play all four roles. Would be an amazing remake.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 27, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
Me and my dad had our annual Christmas screening of Die Hard on Sunday.  Thankfully he has Netflix because apparently all of the channels available on DirecTV were dumbasses and didn't show it.  The thing I took away from this year's viewing is that Argyle the limo driver probably deserves a little more credit for his actions while trapped down in the parking garage.  Just my IMO.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 27, 2011, 11:36:27 AM »
Space Chimps was on FX the other day. What a delight.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 27, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »

Big Trouble in Little China is one of the few movies ever made that might actually be worth owning a copy of.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 27, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »
planet of the apes movie was pretty good.

midnight in paris was weird

watching cowboys & aliens tonight, i'm assuming it will suck, but it seems like it might be so bad that it's good

I really enjoyed Midnight in Paris

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 27, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »
Watched The Illusionist on Saturday night.  It was pretty good.  I think I liked The Prestige better, though. 

I'm not sure why I always feel the need to compare the two, probably because they are both about magicians and they came out around the same time.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 27, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
I watch "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" at least once a day.  Best movie ever, no use straying away and being disappointed.

Spicoli is the best character ever conceived.  Phoebe Cates, well duh.  Nic Cage as a bit player, dude was fugly back then even.

Some of the movies on RedTube are pretty good but my Commodore 64 locks up whenever I hit a hotlink.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 27, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
Saw Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows last night at an AMC theatre downtown where you can feel the rumblings and all from the audio. With that experience itself it was very pleasurable.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 27, 2011, 12:53:49 PM »
Watched The Illusionist on Saturday night.  It was pretty good.  I think I liked The Prestige better, though. 

I'm not sure why I always feel the need to compare the two, probably because they are both about magicians and they came out around the same time.

I got all lit-nerd excited about The Illusionist. The Prestige was better than I expected.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 27, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
Tin-Tin: Amazing animation, lots of fun.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 27, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »
Tin-Tin: Amazing animation, lots of fun.

The animation was amazing. The 3-D was actually pretty seamless instead of looking like a gimmick.

Didn't care much for the story. My wife grew up on Tintin though and assured me this was just how the whole tintin thing goes. She really liked it btw.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 27, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Great movie, much better than most of the action schlock out there.  Tom Cruise is weird but he's still got it.  :thumbsup:  See it in the theater because the settings are amazing.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 28, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
cowboys and aliens was way better than i expected it to be.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 28, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »
Agreed, which isn't saying much...but I thought it was entertaining enough.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 28, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Great movie, much better than most of the action schlock out there.  Tom Cruise is weird but he's still got it.  :thumbsup:  See it in the theater because the settings are amazing.

Saw this last night.  Enjoyed it.  Still think I liked the first one best, but it has been so long I can't remember. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 28, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »

Also agree... but I was totally expecting it to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.   It had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times.   I wouldnt' rank it in my top 10 for the year... but I was glad I watched it.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 28, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
I watch "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" at least once a day.  Best movie ever, no use straying away and being disappointed.

Spicoli is the best character ever conceived.  Phoebe Cates, well duh.  Nic Cage as a bit player, dude was fugly back then even.

Some of the movies on RedTube are pretty good but my Commodore 64 locks up whenever I hit a hotlink.

v jealous of your C64, i am on the Vic 20 with a cassette tape drive

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 28, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »

Also agree... but I was totally expecting it to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.   It had me on the edge of my seat a couple of times.   I wouldnt' rank it in my top 10 for the year... but I was glad I watched it.

it was obvious that the chick from house was an alien, and the ending was predictable, but i liked the flashbacks.  harrison ford should probably think about hanging it up, though.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 28, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »
ghost protocol was enjoyable. not sure where it ranks in the series because i haven't watched the others in a minute. but it seemed like probably top 2.

war horse - really liked it. definitely had an old-fashioned feel to it. could see a lot of people finding it boring though.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 29, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
ghost protocol was enjoyable. not sure where it ranks in the series because i haven't watched the others in a minute. but it seemed like probably top 2.

war horse - really liked it. definitely had an old-fashioned feel to it. could see a lot of people finding it boring though.

Heard from a friend War Horse was stupid and predictable, but he's a cynic/snob.