Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1015155 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #11200 on: April 08, 2021, 11:59:49 PM »
How dare you. That was the Quad City DJs.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: April 09, 2021, 06:53:46 AM »
There is an R Kelly song on there sorta, but no one has ever heard of it.

:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: April 09, 2021, 08:05:06 AM »
Watched original space jam last night with the little one. Mich is a confirmed jerk for saying this. It was ahead of it’s time and the soundtrack was 🔥

Everybody get up it's time to jam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the space jam
Here's your chance, do your dance, at the space jam, alright!
:love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: April 09, 2021, 08:08:15 AM »
I did a duet in 7th grade and sang "I believe I can fly" with a fellow classmate on stage. It was magical.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: April 09, 2021, 08:10:35 AM »
There is an R Kelly song on there sorta, but no one has ever heard of it.

My 6th grade class sang "I Believe I Can Fly" at our 6th grade graduation.  LHC Bill Snyder spoke to our graduating class.  tbh a life highlight looking back.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11205 on: April 09, 2021, 08:19:33 AM »
People are getting really protective over michigancat insulting a 90 minute commercial

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: April 09, 2021, 08:57:36 AM »
I've never looked at release dates but space jam seems like one of those childhood things that is a huge deal to people a few years younger than me but I have no personal experience with. The lion king and Pokémon are also included in this group.

the lion king was the first movie i ever saw in theaters. i had just turned 7. like just imagine the impact

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: April 09, 2021, 09:03:02 AM »
First movie I remember in theater is Home Alone. I remember watching Lion King while being baby sat and pissing the couch when I took a nap. Good times.  :cheers:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: April 09, 2021, 11:54:41 AM »
People are getting really protective over michigancat insulting a 90 minute commercial

Yep

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: April 12, 2021, 08:40:48 AM »
Thunder Force was very bad and stupid but i laughed

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: April 12, 2021, 10:02:44 AM »
Godzilla VS Kong.  I've watched it 3 times now.  Once by myself on opening night, once with my wife, and once with the kids.  Kids loved it, wife even liked it!  [SPOILERS] She was happy that both monsters were just like "we don't agree on a lot of issues but let's be friends anyway" in the end.  That's a great life lesson for this day and age.  There were some parts of the story line that confused me but it didn't matter because as soon as I was like 'wait, I'm confused' the monsters started punching each other again and I was very happy.  The movie was exactly what it should have been and I loved it.  I only wish 8 year old me could have watched it.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: April 12, 2021, 10:12:18 AM »
I'm renting a theater for the family to watch Godzilla vs. Kong this week! Thanks steve dave for the idea

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: April 12, 2021, 10:21:30 AM »
We're going to Godzilla vs. Kong at a drive in theater this weekend. Heck yeah.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: April 12, 2021, 10:22:14 AM »
I'm renting a theater for the family to watch Godzilla vs. Kong this week! Thanks steve dave for the idea

:excited:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: April 12, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
We're going to Godzilla vs. Kong at a drive in theater this weekend. Heck yeah.

Are you renting out the entire drive in theater though?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: April 12, 2021, 10:25:21 AM »
lil sd had spring break last week so we rented a theater at like noon on a wednesday!

review: it made no sense but didn't waste time trying to explain it which I appreciated. I know there were other godzilla and king kong movies before this one that I haven't seen but I have a feeling they wouldn't have made this one make any more sense. someone feel free to tell me if that's incorrect. it's pg-13 but there are no bad words that I remember or nudity or really even people being like brutally murdered. I mean, you know a lot of them died when the building explodes or the boat goes down but you don't have monsters just ripping guts out of people or anything. it's basically just monsters ripping guts out of other monsters. PRETTY FUN! Also there's a whole ass story line within the movie that was absolutely pointless and should have been cut out! But still FUN!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: April 12, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »

Heck ya!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: April 12, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
lil sd had spring break last week so we rented a theater at like noon on a wednesday!

review: it made no sense but didn't waste time trying to explain it which I appreciated. I know there were other godzilla and king kong movies before this one that I haven't seen but I have a feeling they wouldn't have made this one make any more sense. someone feel free to tell me if that's incorrect. it's pg-13 but there are no bad words that I remember or nudity or really even people being like brutally murdered. I mean, you know a lot of them died when the building explodes or the boat goes down but you don't have monsters just ripping guts out of people or anything. it's basically just monsters ripping guts out of other monsters. PRETTY FUN! Also there's a whole ass story line within the movie that was absolutely pointless and should have been cut out! But still FUN!

I agree about the whole ass story line that should have been cut out.  Sometimes I wonder how many more times the monsters could have punched each other if not for that story line.  Will we ever know?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: April 12, 2021, 10:29:36 AM »

I agree about the whole ass story line that should have been cut out.  Sometimes I wonder how many more times the monsters could have punched each other if not for that story line.  Will we ever know?

there could have been, like, 4 other completely unique monsters brought into the movie with the time spent on that storyline!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: April 12, 2021, 10:43:41 AM »

there could have been, like, 4 other completely unique monsters brought into the movie with the time spent on that storyline!

Why is this still happening in 2021?  What will it take for Big Movies to wake up and give us what we want?!?!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11220 on: April 12, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
I want mothra

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: April 12, 2021, 10:49:05 AM »
I want mothra

And no god damn love story or redemption story or revenge story or who dunit.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: April 12, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »

[SPOILERS] Yeah but if we don't go through that whole story line how else could we have gotten to the epic climax of a kid pouring a drink on a computer? [/SPOILERS]. I hate that you're making me make fun of this movie because I really did like it but yeah that part was dumb.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: April 12, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »
If I were making a monster movie, I would film it in the style of March of the Penguins. Morgan Freeman would narrate. There would be screaming humans fleeing the carnage, but nobody but Morgan would have any lines.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11224 on: April 12, 2021, 12:15:09 PM »

over the weekend i looked at doing it here and it costs 200 bones in KC

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.