Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016562 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #8075 on: March 23, 2017, 08:47:02 PM »
One of my friends was complaining on Facebook that the gay moment in Beauty and the Beast wasn't gay enough.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: March 23, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
He has played both the son and dad in fences on broadway
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: March 23, 2017, 09:58:29 PM »
Just wasted money on Logan. This is why I should ignore reviews and wait for Redbox. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really in any way enjoyable, either. Just stab, stab, stab, boring, boring, boring. Best part was the Deadpool tease.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #8078 on: March 23, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
Just wasted money on Logan. This is why I should ignore reviews and wait for Redbox. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really in any way enjoyable, either. Just stab, stab, stab, boring, boring, boring. Best part was the Deadpool tease.

You are just a miserable human. Living on the edge of lower high to high class and having to slug through movies just must be unbearable.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: March 23, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »
just got out of beauty and the beast, was not bad

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: March 24, 2017, 01:07:45 AM »

You are just a miserable human. Living on the edge of lower high to high class and having to slug through movies just must be unbearable.
Logan was a Masterpiece

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: March 24, 2017, 05:15:13 AM »
Why was Logan good? It's basically Logan and a little girl stabbing people in the head in different settings for two hours. I'm not saying it was bad - the main actors all gave good performances, the dialogue was fine, the characters were somewhat interesting - but the story was just dull. This is not something I'd have any interest in watching a second time. Utterly forgettable.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: March 24, 2017, 07:58:54 AM »
Arrival was awesome

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »
Why was Logan good? It's basically Logan and a little girl stabbing people in the head in different settings for two hours. I'm not saying it was bad - the main actors all gave good performances, the dialogue was fine, the characters were somewhat interesting - but the story was just dull. This is not something I'd have any interest in watching a second time. Utterly forgettable.

Let me guess, you liked Zoolander 2 right?

Logan was arguably one of the best comic/super hero movies (Marvel or DC) of the last 10 years...besides BB/TDK/TDKR of course.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: March 24, 2017, 09:13:59 AM »

Let me guess, you liked Zoolander 2 right?

Logan was arguably one of the best comic/super hero movies (Marvel or DC) of the last 10 years...besides BB/TDK/TDKR of course.

I thought Zoolander 2 had funny moments. Not nearly as good as Zoolander 1, but worth a laugh most of the time. I enjoy lots of genres and I don't knock movies just because they're a comic book movie or a gross out comedy or a chick flick - I want them to be good for what they are. Movies should be entertaining (whether thoughtful, funny, suspenseful, visually stunning, etc.). Logan wasn't any of those things. It was over two hours of Logan wheezing around, dropping f-bombs, and stabbing people in the head. Over and over and over again. That gets boring real quick.

I could name at least a dozen comic book movies significantly better and it's not even my favorite genre. Deadpool, Guardians, the recent Batman trilogy, Captain America, Iron Man, hell even some of the earlier X-Men movies....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:18:00 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8085 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:03 AM »
Passengers wasn't great, but it was better than the ratings it received on Rotten Tomatoes. Worth renting.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: March 24, 2017, 09:37:10 AM »
Passengers wasn't great, but it was better than the ratings it received on Rotten Tomatoes. Worth renting.

I agree. When you dig into the reviews, it looks like a lot of them were putting gender politics outrage ahead of actually reviewing the movie. I was disappointed by how the movie went from a really interesting dilemma to basically papering it over with a more conventional popcorn flick ending, but some of these reviewers were clutching their pearls so tightly that nothing short of murder or castration or both was going to satisfy them.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: March 24, 2017, 09:38:03 AM »

pro-tip:
Sex & Nudity
A female upper-body frontal nudity is shown when a woman pulls down her gown partially to flash her breasts at a male character.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: March 24, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
Rape culture is ok but two dudes dancing is "over the top gay"

Rofl

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:05 AM »
Rape culture is ok but two dudes dancing is "over the top gay"

Rofl

I didn't see Beauty and the Beast. And Passengers is not about "rape culture." What happened was perhaps just as morally repugnant, but also completely understandable in the situation.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: March 24, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »

I agree. When you dig into the reviews, it looks like a lot of them were putting gender politics outrage ahead of actually reviewing the movie. I was disappointed by how the movie went from a really interesting dilemma to basically papering it over with a more conventional popcorn flick ending, but some of these reviewers were clutching their pearls so tightly that nothing short of murder or castration or both was going to satisfy them.

I was happy with the ending. There were a lot of directions they could have gone, and it was still somewhat of a surprise the way it wrapped up which is a plus in my book. Overall, the movie wasn't nearly as predictable as I was expecting.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: March 24, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Based on previews I had no idea about "the big twist" so I was pleasantly surprised by how different it was. What a choice to make!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: March 25, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
Kong: Skull Island:  I assumed it would be really campy.  It was actually pretty fun, and some cool effects/monsters.  My grade school son loved it.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: March 26, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »
'Nine Lives' producer guy:  Listen Kevin, I want you to play the lead in this new movie Nine Lives.

Kevin Spacey:  What's it about?

'Nine Lives' producer guy:  You turn into a cat and then pee and poop on a bunch of stuff you're not supposed to.

Kevin Spacey:  I'm in.  And I think I can get Christopher Walken on board too.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: March 26, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
has everyone here seen deliverance?  good movie.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: March 26, 2017, 04:53:08 PM »
very good movie

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: March 26, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »
Rewatched passengers with my wife. She was happy about the ending and didn't seem all that upset about the choice. She's also the one who was annoyed at the gay stuff in the new BATB. My wife is even more traditional than I am. :love:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: March 26, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »
t's&p's

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: March 27, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »
i saw batb on thurs night, what was the gay stuff?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: March 27, 2017, 12:25:12 AM »
Wasn't it obvious?