Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 999695 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #10950 on: December 25, 2020, 05:56:03 AM »
Home Alone 2. This thing is 2 hours long & he just straight up murders Harry & Marv 3 times each.
Yeah. It’s amazing that they could outdo themselves after the first one but they absolutely did. Genius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: December 25, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
"Small Towns Big Kansas." on Prime. I only made it through two towns before I quit watching. I liked that the grain elevator was the highlight of each town. But my favorite part was the narrator's extremely Kansas dialect. Like, "People seemta take a lotta pride in ther yard an stuff herein Culver."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: December 25, 2020, 11:59:56 AM »
"Small Towns Big Kansas." on Prime. I only made it through two towns before I quit watching. I liked that the grain elevator was the highlight of each town. But my favorite part was the narrator's extremely Kansas dialect. Like, "People seemta take a lotta pride in ther yard an stuff herein Culver."

I've had this saved for a long time and never got to it. There was another Kansas doc that I also saved that I can't remember what it's called.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: December 26, 2020, 10:39:09 AM »
Watched 'Soul' on Christmas Day with the family.  Many Pixar films like Inside Out, Toy Story 3, Up, Coco, etc. have packed quite the emotional punch for me.  And I was expecting the same from 'Soul' given its premise... but this one fell short. I just didn't connect with it like those others.  It wasn't bad, great animation, very imaginative, often funny, just not what I was expecting.  I rate it as better than 9 previous Pixar movies and therefore 14th out of 23 in the Pixar canon.

Give it a watch on Disney+.  Unlike recent new releases like Mulan (which charged $20 for the first few months) 'Soul' is free to watch with your Disney+ subscription.  #DisneyPlus #WhereDreamsComeTrue
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 10:42:36 AM by _33 »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: December 26, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »
I thought Soul was “ok”.  I really liked the main character, just wish they would’ve had more time with the jazz which was really good and well done. The plot was not fantastic imo.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: December 26, 2020, 12:06:12 PM »
I rate it as better than 9 previous Pixar movies and therefore 14th out of 23 in the Pixar canon.

Post the list!
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: December 26, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
I don't watch a bunch of Pixar but I was disappointed in Soul. I thought it was just okay, but you expect better than okay with Disney/Pixar. I thought they got lost trying to convey the moral of the story through the story line.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: December 26, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »
We watched most of Wonder Woman 1984 yesterday, but paused to watch the rest of it later tonight (maybe).  It's freaking 2.5 hours long, and with 50 minutes still left it feels like it might not be worth watching the rest of it.  It's not good.  I liked the first one, but this one is ugh.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: December 26, 2020, 04:17:38 PM »
But does Gal Gadot look hot?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: December 26, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »
We watched most of Wonder Woman 1984 yesterday, but paused to watch the rest of it later tonight (maybe).  It's freaking 2.5 hours long, and with 50 minutes still left it feels like it might not be worth watching the rest of it.  It's not good.  I liked the first one, but this one is ugh.

it was awful. even the women hated it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: December 26, 2020, 07:07:50 PM »
Loved WW so did the kids.

Long but didn’t mind

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: December 26, 2020, 08:48:24 PM »
Watched Uncle Frank on Prime. It was pretty great.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: December 27, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »
Did they seriously feature Culver, KS? Hope that no meth labs exploded while they were in town. I’ve been doing some reading about dialects lately. I can’t figure out what is with the “Midwest rural poor” accent. Seems to take some cues from southern accents. Very different from typical Midwest weatherman accent.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: December 27, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »
Did they seriously feature Culver, KS? Hope that no meth labs exploded while they were in town. I’ve been doing some reading about dialects lately. I can’t figure out what is with the “Midwest rural poor” accent. Seems to take some cues from southern accents. Very different from typical Midwest weatherman accent.

I was fascinated by how this dude talked. Not only the accent, but also things like phrasing and cadence. I recogized some of it in myself. I agree that there are sometimes hints of Southern accent. Other times, there are hints of more northern states like SD and MN. Crazy!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: December 27, 2020, 11:54:12 AM »

I've had this saved for a long time and never got to it. There was another Kansas doc that I also saved that I can't remember what it's called.

The other Kansas doc on my Prime playlist is called "A Simple Kansas Man." I'm pretty sure it's from our guy Larry from the Larry Thread in the Pit, isn't he from Cuba?

This film is about Larry Petry a man with a learning disabled and Cuba Kansas. The film maker has documented Larrys life in the atmosphere of a small Kansas town, Cuba Kansas. Larry and Cuba Kansas have a common goal to survive in todays changing times.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10965 on: December 27, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
I think Larry is from Parker, KS.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: December 27, 2020, 10:03:42 PM »

The other Kansas doc on my Prime playlist is called "A Simple Kansas Man." I'm pretty sure it's from our guy Larry from the Larry Thread in the Pit, isn't he from Cuba?

This film is about Larry Petry a man with a learning disabled and Cuba Kansas. The film maker has documented Larrys life in the atmosphere of a small Kansas town, Cuba Kansas. Larry and Cuba Kansas have a common goal to survive in todays changing times.

Looks like the two films were the work of a single auteur known as Plow Production.

I'm not sure what's up with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/verdi_kansas/status/1248923647445733378

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: December 27, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »
Looks like a misthreaded reply to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/pyschness/status/1248681646364246021?s=21

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: December 27, 2020, 11:58:45 PM »
Looks like a misthreaded reply to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/pyschness/status/1248681646364246021?s=21

I chuckled regardless.

I had not heard of Wire, Google tells me it's in Neosha County, which may as well be Pluto, never been there, don't want to go there, will never set foot there. SEKS, The Gateway to Gross.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: December 28, 2020, 08:36:00 AM »
I drive thru Erie on my way to my dad’s house a few times a year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: December 28, 2020, 08:47:01 AM »
I thought the new Wonder Women Movie was pretty cool. Saw it was getting blasted on Twitter and I didn't know why. I was entertained.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: December 28, 2020, 09:28:46 AM »
class action park is fun to watch

I watched this last night and canco, yes it's very fun and good. It reminds me of how me and my other idiot 10 year old friends would try to do daredevil type stuff on the slides at Barnacle Bill's Fantasea and occasionally got minor bumps and bruises but no real injuries or deaths like some of the poor bastards at Action Park.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: December 28, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »
The Midnight Sky - 5/7

I didn't like this movie.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: December 28, 2020, 12:59:37 PM »
old Dune had some insanely bad special effects, but also was good.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: December 28, 2020, 01:09:59 PM »
class action park is fun to watch

I watched this last night and canco, yes it's very fun and good. It reminds me of how me and my other idiot 10 year old friends would try to do daredevil type stuff on the slides at Barnacle Bill's Fantasea and occasionally got minor bumps and bruises but no real injuries or deaths like some of the poor bastards at Action Park.

one time as a kid i went to barnacle bill's and went down one of those tube slides and my heel hit one of the rivets holding the sections together (why the rivets were on the inside instead of the outside i'm not sure...seems like really bad slide design) anyway it just felt like a bump at the time and i didn't think anything of it and when it got to the bottom and started walking out some lady came up to me and told me my foot was bleeding and i looked down and my foot is just gushing blood all over the place and then i kinda had a meltdown after that. Never went on that slide again.