Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 999437 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #10700 on: September 14, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
His dialogue is too fast for me. I don't think I'm watching a conversation, I think I'm watching something Sorkin wrote because there's not enough space between one character finishing talking and the next starting to talk. Like it would be impossible for the second character to process and respond in the amount of time given.

Gilmore girls actually has very similar dialogue. And I enjoyed social network. 

lol @ this thread

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1172247645118783488

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: September 14, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
All of the Cuties stuff I have seen doesn't look any worse than the outfits little girls in dance and twirling teams wear to every fall festival in every small town in America every year. It's disturbing and always has been, but the outrage about the movie is over the top and ridiculous.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: September 14, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
i started watching I'm Thinking of Ending Things and got about 40 minutes into the first scene and had to turn it off. the first scene was still going with no end in sight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: September 14, 2020, 04:18:05 PM »
All of the Cuties stuff I have seen doesn't look any worse than the outfits little girls in dance and twirling teams wear to every fall festival in every small town in America every year. It's disturbing and always has been, but the outrage about the movie is over the top and ridiculous.

It isn't. There is one scene towards the end of the movie where these girls are inappropriately twerking and it's over the top, but it's supposed to be, that's the point. The people watching these girls twerk in this dance contest are visibly disgusted.

I think the people who say this glorifies children and sex are just telling on themselves.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: September 14, 2020, 04:35:23 PM »
Glad you guys liked it. My fiance suggested we watch it last night. Quite delightful.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
I saw this the other night and thought wow. this may actually be a movie my wife would watch. I can't even remember the last movie she sat down and watched with me. she hates movies like some sort of weirdo though

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: September 14, 2020, 10:39:22 PM »
Finally watching Alpha Dog (Netflix). Lots of late 90s/early 00s nostalgia. Never thought I’d be rooting for a Jewish fake nazi to whoop some ass.

Edit: enjoying immensely

Edit 2: eff what a dark turn. Not enjoying

Edit 3: what a buzzkill, and was the Sharon Stone fatsuit really necessary?

Edit 4: what a terrible story. Decently made movie, but why in the world make a movie about such a crap incident. Woof.

No raccoons

Followed this gem up by finally finishing Nightcrawler a few days later. WTF am I doing to myself.

What is the point of making movies that make people feel shitty when they are over?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: September 15, 2020, 11:34:24 AM »
His dialogue is too fast for me. I don't think I'm watching a conversation, I think I'm watching something Sorkin wrote because there's not enough space between one character finishing talking and the next starting to talk. Like it would be impossible for the second character to process and respond in the amount of time given.

lol @ this thread

I'd lump Kevin Smith, at least early stuff, had a similar dialogue.  It takes me a minute to suspend disbelief and accept the unrealistic dialogue but I generally enjoy those shows.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: September 15, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »
I saw Tenet and holy eff did I need subtitles. My head was already spinning because of how crazy the concept is, and then trying to follow the storyline on top of this crazy world Nolan built was overwhelming. Will watch again because of how much is revealed towards the middle and end of the movie, but hot damn. Still fun as eff just for the visuals and concept.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: September 15, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »
where did you watch it stevesie?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: September 15, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »
Theater in Manhattan. Including me and homeboy I saw it with, there were 10 people in the IMAX theater. Was gonna leave if it was full but obviously that wasn't the case.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10710 on: September 16, 2020, 01:10:09 AM »
Have any of you watched Uncut Gems a second time or have the urge to? If so how was the second viewing? After watching it the first time I said I'd never watch it again but hearing Blinding Lights five times a day, every day is making me reconsider watching this again.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: September 16, 2020, 06:57:17 AM »
Have any of you watched Uncut Gems a second time or have the urge to? If so how was the second viewing? After watching it the first time I said I'd never watch it again but hearing Blinding Lights five times a day, every day is making me reconsider watching this again.
I've put it on in the background while doing something a couple of times. It's still very intense. The ending scene still gets me.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: September 16, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »
i have no urge.  kind of like clockwork orange -- i get what they were going for, and i'm glad i watched the movie, and I think it's a good movie, but i have no desire to put myself through that again.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10713 on: September 16, 2020, 10:29:43 AM »
I enjoyed Knives Out.  Very fun.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: September 16, 2020, 02:30:46 PM »

lol @ this thread

I'd lump Kevin Smith, at least early stuff, had a similar dialogue.  It takes me a minute to suspend disbelief and accept the unrealistic dialogue but I generally enjoy those shows.

those clips in that thread are just unreal bad

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: September 16, 2020, 05:50:11 PM »
Nobody bats a thousand

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: September 16, 2020, 09:39:41 PM »
Is there a movie scene that automatically puts a lump in your throat? I don’t get emotional with movies, with one exception & it’s ridiculous. The only scene that does it to me is in what’s basically a Nintendo commercial.

Tonight I watched clips of The Wizard. At the end, when they’re in the dinosaur kills me every time. When Beau Bridges realizes what Jimmy’s doing, starts to tear up, and tells Jimmy “Come on” & hugs him it’s an instant lump in the throat for me.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: September 16, 2020, 11:14:23 PM »
I cry a lot, so there's plenty. But there's a scene in Smashed that gets me every....rough ridin'....time.
Not just lump in my throat, but full on bawling.

There's another (new) movie that I've seen over 10 times now and I still cry like a baby during a couple (A COUPLE!) scenes. I don't want to reveal it because it isn't marketed as a cryworthy movie, and I think that's what's powerful about it. But if anyone doesn't care about spoilers and/or wants to watch a cryworthy movie, message me and I'll let you know. I'm just a huge fan of walking into movies without knowing what to expect. As in, I don't even watch trailers if I can help it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: September 16, 2020, 11:21:32 PM »
the entire runtime of land before time  :bawl:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: September 16, 2020, 11:23:31 PM »
the entire runtime of land before time  :bawl:

my eyes welled up just posting that

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: September 16, 2020, 11:27:09 PM »
Most Pixar movies  :cry:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: September 16, 2020, 11:27:55 PM »
Field of Dreams.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: September 16, 2020, 11:29:24 PM »
Most Pixar movies  :cry:

Inside out tore me apart
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: September 16, 2020, 11:31:06 PM »
Oh don't get me started on cartoons. Zootopia, Wreck It Ralph, and basically every Pixar movie make me audibly cry.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: September 16, 2020, 11:35:25 PM »
Man, zootopia has happy, sad, and laughing crys. Trifecta
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite