Author Topic: Howard Schultz Watch  (Read 7235 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Howard Schultz Watch
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 07:41:46 AM »
That homo marriage is going to bankrupt the country

There are a shitton of consequences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 07:51:34 AM »

Lots of people claim to be in that quadrant but really are only socially liberal when it comes to weed and maybe gay marriage and nothing else.

that quadrant is also very overrepresented in the media and on goEMAW.com, so it seems like there are a lot more of them than there are.  it's basically the highly-educated, young white male quadrant.

The reason there aren’t many people in that quadrant is that it’s actually a massive contradiction to be “socially liberal” and “fiscally conservative.” Being socially liberal on things like drugs and shredding family values cost our government a shitton in unintended consequences.

For sure. Also, IMO the most important social issue discussed today, Medicare for All, is also the most important economic issue. I'm at the point where if you call yourself socially liberal and are against M4A, what are the issues you're socially liberal about, other than shredding family values?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:14 AM »
I don't think holding contradictory beliefs is actually an issue for very many people.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2019, 07:56:38 AM »
I don't think holding contradictory beliefs is actually an issue for very many people.

yeah, I can do it easy

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2019, 09:14:53 AM »

:lol:  :thumbs:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2019, 03:09:29 PM »
For sure. Also, IMO the most important social issue discussed today, Medicare for All, is also the most important economic issue. I'm at the point where if you call yourself socially liberal and are against M4A, what are the issues you're socially liberal about, other than shredding family values?

you can divide both of the social and fiscal axes into an almost infinite number of less comprehensive axes.  some of which naturally or logically correlate and others which don't.  like m4a is sort of on a social welfare axis, which may or may not correlate with views on human rights, civil liberties, social equality, foreign policy (too complex for one axis, but i don't want to break it into multiple axes), populism, etc.  you could also either oppose or support m4a based on all sorts of reasoning that is not essentially ideological (hypothesized efficiency/efficacy, concern for economic disruption (spracne?), distrust of either business or govt, exposure to/trust in medical care in other countries, etc).

so i don't think your idea that you can use m4a as a useful litmus test for social liberalism is accurate or useful.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2019, 03:38:52 PM »

you can divide both of the social and fiscal axes into an almost infinite number of less comprehensive axes.  some of which naturally or logically correlate and others which don't.  like m4a is sort of on a social welfare axis, which may or may not correlate with views on human rights, civil liberties, social equality, foreign policy (too complex for one axis, but i don't want to break it into multiple axes), populism, etc.  you could also either oppose or support m4a based on all sorts of reasoning that is not essentially ideological (hypothesized efficiency/efficacy, concern for economic disruption (spracne?), distrust of either business or govt, exposure to/trust in medical care in other countries, etc).

so i don't think your idea that you can use m4a as a useful litmus test for social liberalism is accurate or useful.

what is a useful litmus test for social liberalism?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2019, 04:12:56 PM »

do whatever you want but don't make me pay for it.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2019, 04:29:30 PM »

i don't think there is one.  btw, i should have mentioned environmentalism, which probably doesn't correlate much with a lot of the other exes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2019, 06:48:35 PM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2019, 06:52:54 PM »
every show that had him on this week should take a moment to reflect on why they're so bad at their jobs.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2019, 07:55:53 PM »
yes, lmao at that earlier today

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
that's almost certainly a russian bot/troll though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2019, 08:30:24 PM »

Yeah. 

Related, I still don't really understand the endgame of russians rough ridin' with idiots on twitter and facebook or why that's necessarily worse than anyone who tries to influence people's votes for their own personal motivations through assorted marketing ploys.  But I also feel if our population is so stupid to be manipulated by that, we deserve any consequences that come.  The problem people are the stupid victims, not the advantage-takers.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2019, 08:48:48 PM »

Yeah. 

Related, I still don't really understand the endgame of russians rough ridin' with idiots on twitter and facebook or why that's necessarily worse than anyone who tries to influence people's votes for their own personal motivations through assorted marketing ploys.  But I also feel if our population is so stupid to be manipulated by that, we deserve any consequences that come.  The problem people are the stupid victims, not the advantage-takers.

yeah, the problem is most people are rough ridin' idiots

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2019, 08:52:28 PM »
also on the russian endgame thing from the smart people I've heard talk on it they say they want whatever is worst for the other nations, or that sows more discourse. and the reason is russia rough ridin' sucks and making everywhere else also seem to suck makes them suck relatively less. which is why they were all in on Trump, obv.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2019, 09:03:06 PM »

i don't think there is one.  btw, i should have mentioned environmentalism, which probably doesn't correlate much with a lot of the other exes.

yeah I didn't think that original post through very well. Stances like wanting cops to kill fewer people or making it harder to get guns are definitely major socially liberal positions that certainly don't require fiscal liberalism.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »
also on the russian endgame thing from the smart people I've heard talk on it they say they want whatever is worst for the other nations, or that sows more discourse. and the reason is russia rough ridin' sucks and making everywhere else also seem to suck makes them suck relatively less. which is why they were all in on Trump, obv.

I'd love to watch a subtitled recording of the meetings in which russians concocted this scheme.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »
No one can touch Schultz on billionaire voter issues.

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1092589787259781125

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
 :lol: at people itt flying their rube flags
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »
No one can touch Schultz on billionaire voter issues.

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1092589787259781125
I mean that pretty much explains why anyone is still talking about him

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2019, 08:20:44 PM »
 :lol: