Author Topic: Texas Tech  (Read 8743 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Tech
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2019, 08:53:23 PM »
Tough one for me. Guess I'm pulling for the cats, since I view Tech as a bigger threat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Because they have a 14 next to their name or?

Mostly because people who get paid to have opinions picked them to dethrone KU this year, and I don't have the time to research it myself or the resources to subscribe to clams's dossier, so I defer to their opinions. I will say the KSU Defense vs. KU offense matchup concerns me, but oscar has a way of pissing his pants when Self is in the same building, so worst case scenario is a season split, in my book.

I guess that’s a yes to basing it off the number next to their name.  I’m sure you’re not talking preseason, since TTU was picked to get 7th in conference by the coaches and was unranked by the AP.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »
Tough one for me. Guess I'm pulling for the cats, since I view Tech as a bigger threat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Because they have a 14 next to their name or?

Mostly because people who get paid to have opinions picked them to dethrone KU this year, and I don't have the time to research it myself or the resources to subscribe to clams's dossier, so I defer to their opinions. I will say the KSU Defense vs. KU offense matchup concerns me, but oscar has a way of pissing his pants when Self is in the same building, so worst case scenario is a season split, in my book.

I guess that’s a yes to basing it off the number next to their name.  I’m sure you’re not talking preseason, since TTU was picked to get 7th in conference by the coaches and was unranked by the AP.

Not sure why you're needling my personal opinion of who I'd prefer to win a basketball game. The consensus among people who had allegedly been watching all the teams play was that Tech was the greatest threat to dethrone KU heading into conference play. Just as I believe humans are contributing to climate change because I defer to the consensus among those who study it, that same logic is certainly good enough to inform my own personal preference of who wins a rough ridin' basketball game, sheesh.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2019, 10:28:09 PM »
who's your least favorite Red Raider of all time? me? Darryl Dora. Hated that big clod.
That deaf kid
Yeah, that guy

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »
despite being always right, i have low bbiq. we seem to be passing a lot better to the point where they get carried away sometimes. offense is way more watchable. what's going on? talk dirty to me
Hitting shots helped build their confidence. They look less hesitant in passing and getting to the rim. Communication looks better, especially defensively. Wade's come back timed with winning on the road made a perfect storm for his confidence and team chemistry, imo. Everyone knows they need him and I'm not certain everyone thought that before...could be wrong. Kam's role is clearer, and he is filling it well. Trust is big, and they seem to have it in each other and coaches right now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »

Not sure why you're needling my personal opinion of who I'd prefer to win a basketball game. The consensus among people who had allegedly been watching all the teams play was that Tech was the greatest threat to dethrone KU heading into conference play. Just as I believe humans are contributing to climate change because I defer to the consensus among those who study it, that same logic is certainly good enough to inform my own personal preference of who wins a rough ridin' basketball game, sheesh.

Really was mostly curious. I don’t include myself in the high BBIQ posters here, but when you account for the absence of Wade in the first three (or more?) games it seems like KSU has been better in conference play than any other Big 12 team at this point.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2019, 12:08:19 AM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2019, 01:52:46 AM »
Hitting shots helped build their confidence. They look less hesitant in passing and getting to the rim. Communication looks better, especially defensively. Wade's come back timed with winning on the road made a perfect storm for his confidence and team chemistry, imo. Everyone knows they need him and I'm not certain everyone thought that before...could be wrong. Kam's role is clearer, and he is filling it well. Trust is big, and they seem to have it in each other and coaches right now.

I like it. Doesn't seem like a fluke anymore. Amazing to turn it around when it looked like our offense was completely hopeless.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
despite being always right, i have low bbiq. we seem to be passing a lot better to the point where they get carried away sometimes. offense is way more watchable. what's going on? talk dirty to me

Great post.  I would also add that they went back to running Webers motion offense about the time Wade came back and the off ball screens in motion offense are creating some open looks. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

Really was mostly curious. I don’t include myself in the high BBIQ posters here, but when you account for the absence of Wade in the first three (or more?) games it seems like KSU has been better in conference play than any other Big 12 team at this point.

squawkastrophe needs him some validation, he DEMANDS it!

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »

Great post.  I would also add that they went back to running Webers motion offense about the time Wade came back and the off ball screens in motion offense are creating some open looks.
No doubt. Solid observation.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
what were we trying before the switch and why were we doing it? it was so brutal, no open looks at all.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »
Possibly an issue is zone defense and shots. If we don't hit shots we dont break it down. If we don't break it down we can't run motion. See aTm today.