Author Topic: TexAgs politics board gems thread  (Read 141845 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: TexAgs politics board gems thread
« Reply #3100 on: April 11, 2024, 11:30:55 AM »
I'm torn bc there are parts of that post I agree with and then the next sentence is a 180 sucker punch but still doesn't negate the parts I agree with. This is a pickle.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: April 11, 2024, 11:43:50 AM »
Yeah, when I think tax cheats, I think of poor people.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: April 11, 2024, 12:37:55 PM »
I'm torn bc there are parts of that post I agree with and then the next sentence is a 180 sucker punch but still doesn't negate the parts I agree with. This is a pickle.
I really don’t see it as anything other than an upper middle class dude desperately wanting to be a victim of society.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: April 11, 2024, 12:46:59 PM »
The whole thing reads like an elaborate humble brag. And I've been in the same position.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: April 11, 2024, 04:28:56 PM »
I really don’t see it as anything other than an upper middle class dude desperately wanting to be a victim of society.

The taxation stuff I get. Not about the poor but the rich. Like I, me personally, I paid more in taxes than Jeff bezos, Elon musk, and Bill Gates combined. Which seems backwards. Also I hate the line jumpers. Like if you're too important to have to wait your turn like everyone else then you can actually eat my entire ass. The rest of it I agree is just this man's desperate attempt to be able to call himself the victim of something.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: April 11, 2024, 04:44:48 PM »
If that would've had more spelling and grammatical errors I would've thought fanning wrote it.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: April 11, 2024, 08:57:00 PM »

The taxation stuff I get. Not about the poor but the rich. Like I, me personally, I paid more in taxes than Jeff bezos, Elon musk, and Bill Gates combined. Which seems backwards. Also I hate the line jumpers. Like if you're too important to have to wait your turn like everyone else then you can actually eat my entire ass. The rest of it I agree is just this man's desperate attempt to be able to call himself the victim of something.
My response is MEH

I’m in favor of a wealth tax, but if we’re going to give stupid tax breaks to people for stuff like paying a mortgage, I think it makes sense for job creators to have tax breaks too.

Also the entire post is from the perspective of “poor me why don’t people think better of me for making a lot on my W-2.” If your gripe is that the mega rich could be shouldering more of the US tax burden you can easily make that argument without sounding like such a wuss.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: April 11, 2024, 11:06:40 PM »
The real give away is the IRS being too stupid to go after rich people. They aren't, just come on why do you think they aren't. And then blaming poor people. As if going after one rich pos won't be the haul of 10k poors.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: April 11, 2024, 11:08:06 PM »
Since KSUW stopped posting I had forgotten about the plight of the $200-$300k laborer.

Was about the time of only a few thousand or whatever deaths COVID would do cause exponentials at hard

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: April 11, 2024, 11:31:55 PM »
Since KSUW stopped posting I had forgotten about the plight of the $200-$300k laborer.

Was about the time of only a few thousand or whatever deaths COVID would do cause exponentials at hard
Remember when 10k was the absolute high mark for covid deaths :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: April 12, 2024, 12:42:02 AM »
If that would've had more spelling and grammatical errors I would've thought fanning wrote it.

"dewshy" immediately put me into wackycollie08 mode  :D

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: April 12, 2024, 06:25:48 AM »

Knew from the 2nd paragraph it most definitely wasn't wackycult08

We're a rule based society. The society works if most everybody follows the rules. I feel like there are a lot of rule breakers now and the ones following rules are the suckers. They pay higher insurance and retail prices because of all the chaos rule breakers get away with.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: April 12, 2024, 06:40:06 AM »

We're a rule based society. The society works if most everybody follows the rules. I feel like there are a lot of rule breakers now and the ones following rules are the suckers. They pay higher insurance and retail prices because of all the chaos rule breakers get away with.

Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: April 12, 2024, 08:21:24 AM »

Lol forgot about that

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: April 12, 2024, 08:22:59 AM »
The real give away is the IRS being too stupid to go after rich people. They aren't, just come on why do you think they aren't. And then blaming poor people. As if going after one rich pos won't be the haul of 10k poors.

Poor people don't owe income taxes. The only reason you might go after them is to tell them that they are owed a refund that they forgot to file for.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: April 12, 2024, 12:25:26 PM »

Literally lol'ing. Thanks for the treat.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: April 12, 2024, 11:36:30 PM »
Like I, me personally, I paid more in taxes than Jeff bezos, Elon musk, and Bill Gates combined.

what an insane thing to believe.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 12, 2024, 11:47:28 PM »
Like I, me personally, I paid more in taxes than Jeff bezos, Elon musk, and Bill Gates combined.

When you have a moment to take a break from your perpetual boot licking, you should consider reading the Panama papers.

But please, explain to me in what way the ultrawealthy come even remotely close to paying their fair share

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 13, 2024, 12:16:12 AM »

When you have a moment to take a break from your perpetual boot licking, you should consider reading the Panama papers.

But please, explain to me in what way the ultrawealthy come even remotely close to paying their fair share
The terrible thing about this for people like BAC, is that a sizable chunk of the ultra wealthy have gone fake #blueanon and are engaged in a game of virtue signaling.

So as to stay in the good graces of the permanently triggered state of rank and file #blueanon America. Numbering in the millions upon millions and easily manipulated and prone to believe even the most insane of conspiracy theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 13, 2024, 12:32:22 AM »

what constitutes someone's fair share is subjective, but what you've paid in taxes is not, and it is objectively funny that your understanding of the world is so inaccurate that you could genuinely entertain the possibility that the sum you've paid in taxes is greater than the sum bezos, musk and gates have paid in taxes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: April 13, 2024, 01:07:16 AM »

for any of my haters questioning my kayos (?) creds

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 13, 2024, 01:10:38 AM »
irl one of my fave dumbass gE things tho, so good

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 13, 2024, 08:11:31 AM »

what constitutes someone's fair share is subjective, but what you've paid in taxes is not, and it is objectively funny that your understanding of the world is so inaccurate that you could genuinely entertain the possibility that the sum you've paid in taxes is greater than the sum bezos, musk and gates have paid in taxes.

What's not subjective is that you are a miserable deeply unlikeable person, and the fact that you and I are diametrically opposed on virtually every topic imaginable gives me great comfort that I must be doing something right in this life

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 14, 2024, 11:11:08 AM »
Ya know what I owe sys an apology. I was imprecise in my wording. They all take turns on the years they pay $0 in Federal income tax (or even claim a refund like Bez) and haven't all paid $0 in the same year. You are correct I am completely insane. Totally off base. Out of my rough ridin' gourd. So there i stand corrected and humbly apologize.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-secret-irs-files-trove-of-never-before-seen-records-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 14, 2024, 11:24:10 AM »
It is of no concern that it is 100% a fact that there have been years I have paid more in taxes than these billionaires (when they were prominent billionaires), no what's important is the syntax. Excellent job not missing the point at all, and rather zeroing in and again, so matter-of-factly addressing my mental faculties.

Ironically, the longer i let this bounce around in my brain, the closer I get to clinical insanity.