Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 465345 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: MEGA MAGA
« Reply #9275 on: April 17, 2024, 02:44:12 PM »
They still haven't figured out what censorship is.

whenever the free market dunks on them it is censorship/cancel culture

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: April 17, 2024, 03:17:19 PM »
I'm trying to understand what is wrong with what she said. Dax, which part do you disagree with? (I did not watch the video, only read the selected quotes in the tweet)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: April 17, 2024, 03:18:31 PM »
#blueanon very raged out that an NPR employee called out their hyper partisanship and thus demanded the hardcore #blueanon very insane person who runs NPR to suspend employee for discussing reality.

It's so very very #onbrand  :thumbsup:

Is this the frontier gibberish dax is always posting about?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: April 17, 2024, 05:13:37 PM »
Nothing says free market like an entity that in their own words says that government funding is pivotal to their existence (cue #blueanon not understanding direct and indirect funding and the requirements of the public broadcasting act) .

StalkerBot.7 always siding with those who claim to be the deciders on what is or isn't "disinformation" . . . classic fascistic #blueanon/#blueanongE  :thumbsup:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: April 17, 2024, 05:30:07 PM »
I understand that Maga loves to latch on to buzz words and then make up the rest of the story, but that lady literally was saying that because any idiot can say anything on the internet, and many idiots are magnified like crazy on the internet, their right to say anything on the internet makes it hard to make sure that folks have real actual true information.  Maybe the deep cut shows the lighting go red and her pupils turn into lizard mode while she adds "so we must remove this right and eat brains" or something and I missed it? 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: April 17, 2024, 07:47:54 PM »
I understand that Maga loves to latch on to buzz words and then make up the rest of the story, but that lady literally was saying that because any idiot can say anything on the internet, and many idiots are magnified like crazy on the internet, their right to say anything on the internet makes it hard to make sure that folks have real actual true information.  Maybe the deep cut shows the lighting go red and her pupils turn into lizard mode while she adds "so we must remove this right and eat brains" or something and I missed it?

Based on the clip that I saw, I think she was saying that the government cannot force social media companies like Twitter and Facebook to crack down on hate speech, misinformation, etc. on their sites even if the public agrees it is a good goal. That type of regulation is up to the companies because of the First Amendment.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: April 17, 2024, 10:09:48 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: April 18, 2024, 05:43:00 AM »

Based on the clip that I saw, I think she was saying that the government cannot force social media companies like Twitter and Facebook to crack down on hate speech, misinformation, etc. on their sites even if the public agrees it is a good goal. That type of regulation is up to the companies because of the First Amendment.

This is the non-idiot interpretation. I'm interested in the idiot maga interpretation that dax for some reason is dancing around. Or maybe that cryptic gibberish is the idiot maga interpretation? I dunno.

Offline stevedaveKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: April 18, 2024, 07:17:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/MikeCrispiNJ/status/1772764447901102411
Based on the photo alone Incan assure you his “portfolio” was $11 in bitcoin on robinhood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: April 18, 2024, 10:17:41 AM »
“Our reverence for the truth might be a distraction that’s getting in the way of finding common ground and getting things done.”

Truth is distraction, truth is misinformation . . .misinformation is what we say it is, and it's often the truth (apparently) . . . Katherine Maher Logic and affirmed and defended by #blueanon/#blueanongE

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9285 on: April 18, 2024, 11:03:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/MikeCrispiNJ/status/1772764447901102411
Based on the photo alone Incan assure you his “portfolio” was $11 in bitcoin on robinhood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this was a satirical joke, but I looked into him, and he seems to be as he presents himself. He hosts a show on Rumble, after all. (Why do conservatives feel like they need their own brokedick versions of everything? Twitter, YouTube, Google, etc.)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: April 18, 2024, 11:11:48 AM »
yeah if it is satire it's all in

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: April 18, 2024, 11:53:49 AM »
We don't like that X isn't censoring the eff out of people we don't like anymore so we're running to Threads or (insert something similar here)!! . . . #blueanon

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: April 18, 2024, 12:21:26 PM »
We don't like that X isn't censoring the eff out of people we don't like anymore so we're running to Threads or (insert something similar here)!! . . . #blueanon

link?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: April 18, 2024, 12:27:11 PM »
jesus was a major cloud chaser of course

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: April 18, 2024, 12:36:02 PM »
A good Maxim for those of you looking to avoid getting into completely idiotic and pointless arguments:
"Don't debate the facts"

Unfortunately for dax, the things he so badly wants to be true virtually never comports with reality, so 99 times out of 100 engaging with him is utterly pointless.

To his credit, hes really good at getting my goat, and i can't help myself, even when I know it's a complete waste of time.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: April 18, 2024, 12:40:22 PM »
A good Maxim for those of you looking to avoid getting into completely idiotic and pointless arguments:
"Don't debate the facts"

Unfortunately for dax, the things he so badly wants to be true virtually never comports with reality, so 99 times out of 100 engaging with him is utterly pointless.

To his credit, hes really good at getting my goat, and i can't help myself, even when I know it's a complete waste of time.

This from a dude who attempted to convey a message that possibly having to show up at drivers license office every . . . 16 years, was voter suppression and a Republican plot to subvert the minority vote in Texas.   :lol:

While also conveying a message that people of a lower economic stature are complete idiots utterly incapable of navigating the most basic foundations of an organized society and completely incapable of planning in advance to do anything.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: April 18, 2024, 12:49:34 PM »
"Don't debate the facts"

This from a dude who attempted to convey a message that possibly having to show up at drivers license office every . . . 16 years, was voter suppression and a Republican plot to subvert the minority vote in Texas.   :lol:

While also conveying a message that people of a lower economic stature are complete idiots utterly incapable of navigating the most basic foundations of an organized society and completely incapable of planning in advance to do anything.

I don't have a vivid enough imagination to figure out what sort of doxastic closure led you to that conclusion from anything I posted.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: April 18, 2024, 12:51:03 PM »
In my experience, it was 12 years between in-person DPS visits. The first time was a real PITA. The second time I could do it online. The third time I had to get my ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE from Colorado ($$ and time) and gather sundry other documents even though I had already satisfactorily proven my citizenship to the State of Texas in the past and had a valid passport. Then there's the matter of even gaining access to a DPS office, which is no small task in an urban setting. No one is saying the working poor are too "stupid" to navigate this regime. What I (we) am/are saying is that the working poor are sometimes too busy trying to scrape by to jump through these hoops. Again, I invite you to come try it for yourself.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: April 18, 2024, 12:57:16 PM »
In my experience, it was 12 years between in-person DPS visits. The first time was a real PITA. The second time I could do it online. The third time I had to get my ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE from Colorado ($$ and time) and gather sundry other documents even though I had already satisfactorily proven my citizenship to the State of Texas in the past and had a valid passport. Then there's the matter of even gaining access to a DPS office, which is no small task in an urban setting. No one is saying the working poor are too "stupid" to navigate this regime. What I (we) am/are saying is that the working poor are sometimes too busy trying to scrape by to jump through these hoops. Again, I invite you to come try it for yourself.

I went and took at look at the State of NY's requirements very briefly. It appears that getting a state ID renewed in NY requires an in office visit for a new picture taken every time at renewal. It also appears that at some locations, if you don't have an appointment is likely you will not even be allowed into the building.

NY . . . a generational #blueanon stronghold.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: April 18, 2024, 01:05:07 PM »
You can read whatever you want online, but I'm telling you my irl experiences. I can all but guarantee that they don't make it as difficult in NY.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: April 18, 2024, 01:16:11 PM »
You can read whatever you want online, but I'm telling you my irl experiences. I can all but guarantee that they don't make it as difficult in NY.

While telling us an anecdotal story, you also tell us to just trust you, it's easier in NY.   :lol: :lol:  It's absolutely amazing how hard #blueanon fights against have an electoral process that is free of corruption and that people are properly identified in that process. We live in a world a grifts, but somehow #blueanon thinks our election process is free of all of that . . . while simultaneously  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: whenever they don't win and foisting their own insane conspiracy theories, legal challenges and election outcome denialism. 

In so many words, BAC was saying less economically capable people are too dumb to figure things out on their own.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: April 18, 2024, 01:21:27 PM »
As with many things in NY you probably can't just show up willy nilly and expect a positive outcome. You can't just get on the subway, you need a MetroCard (granted you can get them right there in pretty much every subway station) but point being in a lot of cases you have to go through some bureaucracy, but those are typically pretty minor. And once there things go pretty quick, they got millions of people to deal with so they have to operate as a well oiled machine out of basic necessity. NY really does encourage civic participation. Texas is intentionally trying to make it more opaque

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: April 18, 2024, 01:26:52 PM »
An every 16 years process.

So 16 years, possibly 4 presidential election cycles where someone can move all the time, but still potentially go vote someplace in Texas that's not even their precinct/district anymore using an ID that's not correctly addressed? (note the question mark, that often confuses #blueanongE)

Also, thanks for affirming the continual and perpetual need to produce proper credentialing in our modern society.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 01:30:15 PM by sonofdaxjones »