Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 464338 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #5175 on: November 11, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »
I don’t think they could convict even without all that.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: November 11, 2021, 01:58:08 PM »
I have not paid a minute of attention to that trial but my observation from texags is that the judge is part of the woke deep state. Have I been mislead?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: November 11, 2021, 02:05:13 PM »
I have not paid a minute of attention to that trial but my observation from texags is that the judge is part of the woke deep state. Have I been mislead?
Do you post on there or do you just go there everyday, like you did by listening to Rush?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: November 11, 2021, 02:12:20 PM »
I have never registered or posted there, just read the threads with good titles and skim some of the news-of-the-day related threads to get a feel for what maga nation is thinking.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: November 11, 2021, 02:15:09 PM »

i don't think deep state would be accurate at all. I mean i'm assuming that the majority of the good folks over at texags think Kyle is a hero, and my opinion is that this judge shares that opinion on at least some level.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: November 11, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: November 11, 2021, 03:49:15 PM »
Rogan is really going for that Kurt Angle look

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: November 11, 2021, 04:12:13 PM »
The Rittenhouse prosecutors mumped up their case and have like almost no chance of a conviction. I don't know what if any lesser included offenses they've charged, but the argument has all been about homicide. It seems to me that at the very least there's a gun crime he's guilty of, but I don't know if that was charged. Regardless, this guy is not going to see substantial jail time.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: November 11, 2021, 04:34:59 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: November 11, 2021, 07:58:47 PM »
Rittenhouse judge has been on some bullshit the entire trial. He isn't going to see a second of jail time. It's infuriating that people don't take voting for judges seriously.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: November 12, 2021, 06:53:22 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: November 12, 2021, 07:37:28 AM »
Just incredible crown molding work on that thing, lmao

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: November 12, 2021, 08:32:33 AM »
The Rittenhouse prosecutors mumped up their case and have like almost no chance of a conviction. I don't know what if any lesser included offenses they've charged, but the argument has all been about homicide. It seems to me that at the very least there's a gun crime he's guilty of, but I don't know if that was charged. Regardless, this guy is not going to see substantial jail time.

I'm going to try really hard not to derail this whole thread and keep this brief, but i'm really curious about some procedural stuff from yesterday. State tried to enter into evidence an image that had been blown up to enhance, which uses a logarithm algorithm which adds pickles pixels to fill in the image. Defense immediately objects questioning the credulity of the image, because they grilled the technician who used the software to enhance the image about how the software works and he didn't know b/c he didn't design the software, so therefore how can we believe this image isn't gobbledegook?

Ok so my procedural question here...the defense also submitted into evidence several exhibits that had undergone the same or similar type of enhancement, but at the time the prosecution did not object or question the methods by which they were enhanced. Since the trial is still ongoing, can the prosecution not make the argument of "well if the defense has a problem with using these techniques then the exhibits they have entered into evidence need to also be stricken?" Is it valid for the judge to be like "Well hey you didn't object at the time, so, tough crap"? Seems like if the trial is still being litigated then that should be fair play. Seems like juries are instructed to disgregard previously seen evidence or testimony all the time?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: November 12, 2021, 08:41:20 AM »
I couldn't imagine being a juror at a trial and actually disregarding evidence you had just seen due to some procedural bs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: November 12, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5190 on: November 12, 2021, 12:58:22 PM »
lotta MAGA going on here all at once

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1459184500928245760

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: November 12, 2021, 02:18:01 PM »

I'm going to try really hard not to derail this whole thread and keep this brief, but i'm really curious about some procedural stuff from yesterday. State tried to enter into evidence an image that had been blown up to enhance, which uses a logarithm algorithm which adds pickles pixels to fill in the image. Defense immediately objects questioning the credulity of the image, because they grilled the technician who used the software to enhance the image about how the software works and he didn't know b/c he didn't design the software, so therefore how can we believe this image isn't gobbledegook?

Ok so my procedural question here...the defense also submitted into evidence several exhibits that had undergone the same or similar type of enhancement, but at the time the prosecution did not object or question the methods by which they were enhanced. Since the trial is still ongoing, can the prosecution not make the argument of "well if the defense has a problem with using these techniques then the exhibits they have entered into evidence need to also be stricken?" Is it valid for the judge to be like "Well hey you didn't object at the time, so, tough crap"? Seems like if the trial is still being litigated then that should be fair play. Seems like juries are instructed to disgregard previously seen evidence or testimony all the time?

I'm not a criminal defense lawyer or prosecutor, but my understanding is that you need to timely object to the admission of trial exhibits if you want to preserve error. Once it's admitted without objection, I don't think you can make a verbal motion to un-admit it. Dickstone does more trial work though, so he'd probably know better.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: November 12, 2021, 02:54:48 PM »

I'm not a criminal defense lawyer or prosecutor, but my understanding is that you need to timely object to the admission of trial exhibits if you want to preserve error. Once it's admitted without objection, I don't think you can make a verbal motion to un-admit it. Dickstone does more trial work though, so he'd probably know better.

Usually you waive an objection if you dont make it but yolo, always try.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: November 12, 2021, 02:55:11 PM »
the pallbearer of margaritaville is in troubs

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1459262561061412867

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: November 12, 2021, 03:00:36 PM »
that maga sack of butter can't survive a criminal trial

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: November 12, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »
He should head out to sea again.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: November 12, 2021, 05:27:38 PM »
Stupid ass, old cracker
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1458935953423224833

What was the “off-color” part? I’m not saying it wasn’t I just don’t  even understand what they are referencing.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: November 12, 2021, 06:32:14 PM »
Stupid ass, old cracker

What was the “off-color” part? I’m not saying it wasn’t I just don’t  even understand what they are referencing.
If you’re really digging for something to get mad about I could see fresh off boat but other than that idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: November 13, 2021, 02:51:50 AM »
Stupid ass, old cracker

If you’re really digging for something to get mad about I could see fresh off boat but other than that idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article explicitly stated what comment was deemed offensive and why some people deemed it offensive. It's very clear that the two of you don't agree with the reasoning given. I'd offer that your or my opinion as to the level of offense is not relevant. The question that should be asked is why is this judge, in this trial, acting in that moment like he's sitting with his buddies on a bar stool. Is he too stupid to understand the gravity and sensitivity of the moment or does he just not give a crap?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: November 13, 2021, 07:02:27 AM »
I think he was deliberately trying to provoke because he's fed up with all of the woke culture, people being offended by things he personally doesn't think they should be offended by, and such. Very, very MAGA of him.