Author Topic: How mad will you be if Pelosi caves? (oh no! trump caved again!) onto the ER  (Read 76257 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves?
« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2019, 01:25:17 PM »
I really don't get the argument against birthright citizenship. If you are born here, you should be able to stay.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2019, 01:37:36 PM »
:Woot: Trump wants to keep the gov shut down for months and years #MAGA
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2019, 02:13:30 PM »
I really don't get the argument against birthright citizenship. If you are born here, you should be able to stay.

Why? Wouldn't you agree that birthright citizenship provides a perverse incentive for people to break our immigration laws? Why do you think it is that the vast majority of nations, including developed nations, either never had birthright citizenship or have since repealed it?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2019, 02:18:05 PM »

Why? Wouldn't you agree that birthright citizenship provides a perverse incentive for people to break our immigration laws? Why do you think it is that the vast majority of nations, including developed nations, either never had birthright citizenship or have since repealed it?
Explain to me your constitutional argument.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »

I think the vast majority of nations are wrong. That is why we are better than they are economically, morally, etc. It's just a danged shame our president doesn't believe in American exceptionalism.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:31:51 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2019, 02:40:15 PM »

I think the vast majority of nations are wrong. That is why we are better than they are economically, morally, etc. It's just a danged shame our president doesn't believe in American exceptionalism.

Well gosh, when you put it that way we might as well not have a border.... That would indeed be exceptional.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2019, 02:43:30 PM »

I don’t really need to do that. You know just as well as I do that basing a constitutional right to birthright citizenship on the dicta of one footnote in a decades old case is a pretty thin reed. How about we put the issue squarely before the current Court and find out? I’ll bet you a bazillion dollars I’m right.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2019, 02:45:24 PM »
More caving talk plz
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »
there is way too much nonsense mucking up this thread considering nobody caved today.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2019, 03:06:59 PM »
lmao

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »
Putin and Kim can do whatever they want, why not Trump?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2019, 03:09:37 PM »
This is exactly what we need - more executive action! Obama would'a done it (I mean, not for this obviously). When Trump does it, he should even use the same words Obama used to justify his DACA order. :lol: Trump should go ahead and end birthright citizenship by executive order, too, while we're at it. That would at least finally put the issue squarely before the SC!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2019, 03:12:25 PM »
"I can do it if I want" is an incred trump thing to say

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2019, 03:13:12 PM »

I don’t really need to do that. You know just as well as I do that basing a constitutional right to birthright citizenship on the dicta of one footnote in a decades old case is a pretty thin reed. How about we put the issue squarely before the current Court and find out? I’ll bet you a bazillion dollars I’m right.

I mean, read the first sentence of the 14th Amendment...

If this issue ever does get to SCOTUS, I'll take that bet (but let's make it a realistic number that will sting a little).

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »
Someone mod the spracne KSUW circle jerk to its own birthright thread
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »
And before you "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" me, ask yourself this question: What kinds of persons are, in fact, NOT subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »
Someone mod the spracne KSUW circle jerk to its own birthright thread
This is a pit thread.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2019, 03:22:37 PM »
Yeah, there's no way this kinda crap is going to be tolerated for weeks.

Call outs have increased by 200%-300% at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where typically 25 to 30 TSA employees call out from an average shift according to a local TSA official familiar with the situation.
One called it the "blue flu," a reference to the blue shirts worn by transportation security officers who screen passengers and baggage at airport security checkpoints.

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/1081296229554884610

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »

I mean, read the first sentence of the 14th Amendment...

If this issue ever does get to SCOTUS, I'll take that bet (but let's make it a realistic number that will sting a little).

You mean that first part that say “and subject to the jurisdiction thereof” (ooooh I just totally went there and quoted the Constitution)? What do you think the purpose of those words were? In context of the passage of the 14th amendment? You might find this interesting.

https://cis.org/Report/Birthright-Citizenship-Overview

If the issue ever goes to the SC, I’ll bet you whatever amount you want, and let’s make it sting a lot, please.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »
This is a good old fashioned constitutional-off, boys. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »
Going straight to an anti-immigration think-tank to get a legal opinion seems like it might be a flawed strategy.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2019, 04:18:05 PM »
Going straight to an anti-immigration think-tank to get a legal opinion seems like it might be a flawed strategy.

Yes, that's a very reasonable response. "Pssshh, well they're anti-immigration - what do you expect?" Meanwhile, Spracs is furiously transcribing his notes from liberal law professors into a treatise-length post.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves? (where no democrat answers thread)
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2019, 04:21:29 PM »
I doubt Republicans have appointed enough dipshits to rule incorrectly about birthright citizenship yet, but I could be wrong.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves? (where no democrat answers thread)
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2019, 04:34:10 PM »

Yes, that's a very reasonable response. "Pssshh, well they're anti-immigration - what do you expect?" Meanwhile, Spracs is furiously transcribing his notes from liberal law professors into a treatise-length post.

I'm at work, dork. No treatise for you!

You've found a colorable argument and are firmly entrenched (I dont think Roberts, aka Nu-Kennedy, would buy in, tho). Not gonna waste my time trying to change your mind or further muck up this thread. Happy Friday!