Author Topic: The elephant in the Room  (Read 4619 times)

Offline pencat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
The elephant in the Room
« on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:42 PM »
What should be done with THE FAMILY stick that they carry out of the tunnel at the start of games. Please tell me it's time has passed.
So what do we do with it?
Wrap it in the 16 secrets of success (or whatever the hell that is) and burn them at the base of the old balls statue?
Stuff it up Sean's tailpipe? I meant his car but on the other hand maybe his tailpipe would work.
 :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: The elephant in the Room
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:50:27 PM »
Just move on and ignore it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »
Also lmao at the first time Mitch Holthus shows up and everyone is like “sir this is a restricted area”

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 09:24:06 PM »
I like what the players like. I'm guessing it stays
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 09:31:33 PM »
Heard from a pretty reliable source it is being used as a door stop in klie’s office
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 11:53:54 PM »
Seems like a pretty insignificant elephant to me. The players like it. Most fans like it. Who cares if some don’t?

When the players don’t, dump it.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 04:17:16 AM »
Since we're talking about carrying on traditions, what about Phil the Wildcat?   :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ballboy55

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 07:13:36 AM »
Bring back the bell from the alumni center, and the touchdown Cannon!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »
Since we're talking about carrying on traditions, what about Phil the Wildcat?   :dunno:

This is the important question that needs to be asked. I say keep it on the sidelines!!!

The family stick can go on the small bonfire that's being built out of all of Bill's old crap.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
I’ve always thought the block was stupid and lazy, but I also enjoy how much it enrages many of the posters on this board. So I’m torn.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 08:39:55 AM »
I don't mind that it's plain and simple, but I also always thought it could have been a lot cooler looking.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 08:41:53 AM »
i generally don't care, but just kind of annoyed that it's a product of mitch

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 09:00:57 AM »
Epoxy it to the stairs that lead from the visitors' locker room to the field.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
Lotta Tucks being outed in this thread . . .  probably ridin down the road jammin to "Proud of this House" right now.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
We dont believe in family at ndsu so expect it to be pitched.

titletown..lulz

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 09:18:38 AM »
Maybe Willie can use the family stick to beat down opposing mascots since he can't tackle them anymore.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
before i form an opinion on the "family block of wood", i'd like to know a little bit more about it.
what type of wood is it made from?  who chopped it down and was it done in a manner that protected the animals who depended on the tree for food and shelter?
was the block of wood sustainably farmed?  what type of chemicals were used on the wood to protect it from breaking down, and were the chemicals used within EPA guidelines?

what type of dyes were used when painting the FAMILY motto onto the cellulose?  were there NOx gasses emitted?  were the workers who were painting it exposed?  how is their health today?

people like to look at things like this through a very shallow lens but there's a whole lot more going on here than just a block of wood.  this wood represents every student at kansas state university and i'd feel a lot better knowing that it was developed by responsible adults who consider the entire student body's thoughts and beliefs.  because at the end of the day, that's really what "family" is all about.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »
I foresee a class action lawsuit coming to television advertisements near you.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Some of the crap you guys have problems with is hilarious.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »
before i form an opinion on the "family block of wood", i'd like to know a little bit more about it.
what type of wood is it made from?  who chopped it down and was it done in a manner that protected the animals who depended on the tree for food and shelter?
was the block of wood sustainably farmed?  what type of chemicals were used on the wood to protect it from breaking down, and were the chemicals used within EPA guidelines?

what type of dyes were used when painting the FAMILY motto onto the cellulose?  were there NOx gasses emitted?  were the workers who were painting it exposed?  how is their health today?

people like to look at things like this through a very shallow lens but there's a whole lot more going on here than just a block of wood.  this wood represents every student at kansas state university and i'd feel a lot better knowing that it was developed by responsible adults who consider the entire student body's thoughts and beliefs.  because at the end of the day, that's really what "family" is all about.

If I remember correctly the block of wood was actually harvested and shaped by a friendly beaver. Family was then painted on it using a stain derived from fresh berries.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Some of the crap you guys have problems with is hilarious.

This is true.

All I really care about is winning and recruiting. 

We won't find solace in new uniform colors, a wood block, the Cat Pack, or any number of 'traditions' if we lose.

JUST EFFING WIN.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:39:59 AM by WadeRam »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
We better keep the dang katpak
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 11:01:39 AM »

If I remember correctly the block of wood was actually harvested and shaped by a friendly beaver. Family was then painted on it using a stain derived from fresh berries.

That’s not even the half of it.  The beaver part is mostly true, but there’s more to it;  It was pulled out of the beaver’s dam by honest Abe Lincoln himself and used on the mantle in a log cabin he built with his bare hands.  Confederate soldiers later burned the cabin to the ground, and the only surviving piece of wood was the mantle. 

Determined to avenge the Commander-in-Chief, union soldiers fashioned the mantle into a brace used to restore a damaged cannon.  This cannon was strategic in securing a major victory at Gettysburg, VA from July 1 through July 3, 1863. 

The cannon endured the bloody battle, despite being struck by a confederate cannonball (which remained permanatly embedded in the fabled lumber), and was the last to stay in service.  Despite the victory, the artillary unit for which the cannon was assigned was disbanded following this historic battle at Gettysburg.  A young field artillery Captain by the name of John Wabash, who was tasked with leading this elite unit, was awarded the brace from which the cannon was held together by the men who served under him.  Because of this great honor, Captain Wabash wanted to preserve this historic relic.  He had the hunk of lumber (Conferderate cannonball still embedded) sent by train to his home town of Manhattan, KS  where, only a few months earlier (February 16th to be exact), Kansas State Agricultural College was established as the FIRST land grant university in these United States.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:33:14 AM by Oyster_Trousers »
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »
So it's THE Wabash Cannon Brace?  :surprised:

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 11:49:01 AM »
So it's THE Wabash Cannon Brace?  :surprised:

No, it’s still the Wabash Cannonball.  It’s not so much about the cannonball, but about that piece of wood being able to withstand the impact from the cannonball. 
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee