Author Topic: vegas  (Read 117874 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: vegas
« Reply #1250 on: July 06, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
The food court at the Cosmo has good options from Hattie B's to a David Chang place.  Not anything that you have to hit but if you're in the area and want a quick lunch, there are great options.  Momofuku is there too which is very very good.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 06, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »
You can never go wrong with The Bootlegger. Old fashioned Italian, often w live music. Great traditional Italian and steaks https://bootleggerlasvegas.com/.

I believe this place used to be in the old Frontier or something like that. It's down by the airport now on S LVBLVD

I've been here with The Ed.  :surprised:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 06, 2021, 06:08:19 PM »
You can never go wrong with The Bootlegger. Old fashioned Italian, often w live music. Great traditional Italian and steaks https://bootleggerlasvegas.com/.

I believe this place used to be in the old Frontier or something like that. It's down by the airport now on S LVBLVD

I've been here with The Ed.  :surprised:

Game recognize game
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 26, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
The food court at the Cosmo has good options from Hattie B's to a David Chang place.  Not anything that you have to hit but if you're in the area and want a quick lunch, there are great options.  Momofuku is there too which is very very good.
we’re staying at the palazzo but yeah momofuku

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 27, 2021, 07:23:52 AM »
I'm flying to Vegas tonight for work.   :runaway:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 03, 2021, 04:19:18 PM »
I think the cosmo is moving over to MGM. goodbye marriott.  :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 03, 2021, 06:14:58 PM »

Should be no sweat for you. Aren’t MGM and Hyatt still partnered?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 03, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »
Marriott is also out of the FountainBleau/Drew vaporware tower by the Strat.  MGM is selling Mirage.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 03, 2021, 07:58:57 PM »

I have no hyatt status unfortunately

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 04, 2021, 12:49:29 AM »

I have no hyatt status unfortunately

The emperor has no clothes.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: November 26, 2021, 10:27:21 PM »
Watching Duke v Gonzaga is a nice reminder that Vegas is becoming a top-end sports town.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 13, 2021, 09:36:57 AM »
flying to vegas today for meetings this week. staying at encore. dinners at Tao and Lakeside. meetings at the wynn/encore. 5 or more years ago I'd have been absolutely stoked for this and try to add on a couple days to the end of this week but I'm dreading it. also my wife is having to pull double duty with swim/basketball/baseball/dance logistics and that makes me feel guilty. also I'll get back and obviously be absolutely worthless for a day because I'll be exhausted and that will make me feel more guilty.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 13, 2021, 09:44:32 AM »
:combofan:

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 13, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »
flying to vegas today for meetings this week. staying at encore. dinners at Tao and Lakeside. meetings at the wynn/encore. 5 or more years ago I'd have been absolutely stoked for this and try to add on a couple days to the end of this week but I'm dreading it. also my wife is having to pull double duty with swim/basketball/baseball/dance logistics and that makes me feel guilty. also I'll get back and obviously be absolutely worthless for a day because I'll be exhausted and that will make me feel more guilty.

Do it for the rest of us who don't get to travel for work and get awesome breaks from the daily chaos like that!!   Also the spa at the Cosmo is legit and maybe will help with some of that exhaustion... if you have time.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1264 on: December 13, 2021, 10:54:22 AM »
Same but did Palm Desert last week. Absolutely wrecked Thursday and Friday after getting home late on Wednesday. No guilt as my kids are much older and IDGAF if my ex wife struggled.  :surprised:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 13, 2021, 11:06:15 AM »

this makes me sad.

Headed there in a couple weeks to work remotely and take advantage of companion pass.  The event is at Harrah's though barf

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 13, 2021, 07:32:20 PM »

Stay away from stray muff and give her what she wants when you get back.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 13, 2021, 07:35:08 PM »
Same but did Palm Desert last week. Absolutely wrecked Thursday and Friday after getting home late on Wednesday. No guilt as my kids are much older and IDGAF if my ex wife struggled.  :surprised:

Those are some strong words; I must remind myself to not get in your way.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 13, 2021, 07:50:26 PM »
Merge w/ signs of getting older thread.  :blindfold:

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 13, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
Skip out on the meetings and go hit red rock canyon or valley of fire.  Winter is desert trail season.   :billdance:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 13, 2021, 09:34:14 PM »
I am extremely unavailable to do that. I am unfortunately a very big deal.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1271 on: December 14, 2021, 06:49:01 AM »

Those are some strong words; I must remind myself to not get in your way.
Unless you were banging your ex while I was paying the bills, you have no worries, amigo. :)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 14, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »
Looks like it’s the 12-year anniversary of vegasPAK.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
vegas
« Reply #1273 on: December 14, 2021, 09:40:17 AM »
Looks like it’s the 12-year anniversary of vegasPAK.
I could not be having a more opposite trip. That said:

Wynn/Encore room service is incredible. Got a late dinner last night and it was fast and great. But, got a carafe of coffee and two bottles of water this morning and it was $60, lmao.

I’m in some massive suite that I have zero use for other than I guess the nice desk/work area. Assume they are having a tough time filling this place so are making it rain suites.

The indoor smoking caught me off guard. Haven’t been to Vegas in like 4 years but still don’t know why it surprised me. Gonna have to dry clean my white midwestern business casual uniforms (vests and q-zips) ahead of normal schedule.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 14, 2021, 10:35:40 AM »
You can dash off and get a commemorative back tat with nobody there being the wiser.