Author Topic: $  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
$
« on: December 11, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »
Does this mean that the amount of money we'd pay assistants was set in stone or the amount we'd pay the head coach was set in stone or something else?

It couldn't possibly mean that we were only going to pay whoever got hired as head coach what eff head is getting, right? 

BS: As we get into the details over the next few days, were there any stipulations put on Coach Klieman or any of the candidates for that matter about the current coaching staff retention?

GT: No there's not. As you go through this process, we have some really great assistants. All we told every candidate is look, we have some great staff. We encourage you to interview as many or all of them, whatever you feel your needs are, because obviously they have coaches they're familiar with and coaches that they've coached with or people they've worked with that are maybe at other institutions. But we never want to say you have to hire somebody, that puts that coach in a bad position and puts the assistants in a bad position if you think about it because they only want to work if they're wanted too. We did tell them here are our staff that we think would be great additions if you wanted to keep them but that's up to you as the head coach. There was never a stipulation on any, whether it was Coach Klieman or any of our candidates, and there were never any real financial issues. They knew exactly what the contract was going to be and those that were interested knew what our parameters were. People take jobs and don't get jobs for a lot of different reasons.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: $
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »
Sounds to me they said "this is our offer, who is willing to take it? You have x amount for assistants, divide it up the way you see fit"

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
$
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 02:17:43 PM »
It’s hard to trust Blackcats these days, but I gotta think he’s right that we offered more to LittreLL.

Even if it’s true that we went to every candidate and said, “if you’re gonna be our coach you’re going to be the lowest paid in the Big 12,” (which makes no sense at all) there is NO WAY Gene would straight up admit that publicly.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:20:07 PM »
If @Blackcats isn't banned yet, I'd like his take.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:25:18 PM »
I don't think I read that the same way you do trim.

"They knew exactly what the contract was going to be" -- I don't think that necessarily means that every candidate was offered the same contract.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 02:27:01 PM »
Don’t believe for a second Sean wasn’t a part of the deal.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 02:31:08 PM »
Does this mean that the amount of money we'd pay assistants was set in stone or the amount we'd pay the head coach was set in stone or something else?

It couldn't possibly mean that we were only going to pay whoever got hired as head coach what eff head is getting, right? 

BS: As we get into the details over the next few days, were there any stipulations put on Coach Klieman or any of the candidates for that matter about the current coaching staff retention?

GT: No there's not. As you go through this process, we have some really great assistants. All we told every candidate is look, we have some great staff. We encourage you to interview as many or all of them, whatever you feel your needs are, because obviously they have coaches they're familiar with and coaches that they've coached with or people they've worked with that are maybe at other institutions. But we never want to say you have to hire somebody, that puts that coach in a bad position and puts the assistants in a bad position if you think about it because they only want to work if they're wanted too. We did tell them here are our staff that we think would be great additions if you wanted to keep them but that's up to you as the head coach. There was never a stipulation on any, whether it was Coach Klieman or any of our candidates, and there were never any real financial issues. They knew exactly what the contract was going to be and those that were interested knew what our parameters were. People take jobs and don't get jobs for a lot of different reasons.
It's a great thing all our coaches haven't been snatched up by other staffs. Since they're in such high demand.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 02:31:21 PM »

"They knew exactly what the contract was going to be" -- I don't think that necessarily means that every candidate was offered the same contract.

What makes me read it that way is the words right before and after what you quoted - "financial issues" and "those that were interested knew what our parameters were."

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 02:41:26 PM »
Each person whose conversation included talk of money had a different parameters, mix of money for salary, assistants and recruiting.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »

What makes me read it that way is the words right before and after what you quoted - "financial issues" and "those that were interested knew what our parameters were."
Good point.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »
Where did these quotes come from and who is “BS” above?
bears are fast...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 03:12:17 PM »
It's around 6:30 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KRga2rQ_Zk

@Dugout DickStone, search firm confirmed about 5:30.

NYC (all of it) is the new Dallas airport hotel room.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
bears are fast...

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 05:31:10 PM »
Did we offer CK less because we knew that it was going to be a tougher sell to fans? Thinking if we pay him less people will be more willing to accept him as the coach.  Then after a year or two of success they give him an extension with a massive raise.  Will we offer him more on the assistant and recruiting side?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »
gene, if you're reading this, please give me a call before tomorrow's presser and we'll go over the talking points again. as i told you in our chat last night, the fanbase doesn't want to hear about "family man" and "decent person" and "great character" and "good community member."

he's a goddamn football coach, not a church reverend!  :angry:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 05:36:27 PM »
he's a goddamn football coach, not a church reverend!  :angry:

FWIW, kstatesports has added an endorsement from Notre Dame coach/murderer Brian Kelly.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 05:42:16 PM »
Did we offer CK less because we knew that it was going to be a tougher sell to fans? Thinking if we pay him less people will be more willing to accept him as the coach.  Then after a year or two of success they give him an extension with a massive raise.  Will we offer him more on the assistant and recruiting side?

This one really isn’t complicated. We offered him less because he was willing to do the job for that amount of money.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »

This one really isn’t complicated. We offered him less because he was willing to do the job for that amount of money.

He would have taken less but there is a floor due to looking small timey and we probably are still below it.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »
This whole argument is ridiculous. KSU and NDSU fans share a big thing in common. Inferiority complex.

Maybe the guy was offered the amount because he’s not coached at this level? So what if he gets a big raise in a year or two? Doesn’t that mean he’s doing a good job?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 06:37:08 PM »
This whole argument is ridiculous. KSU and NDSU fans share a big thing in common. Inferiority complex.

Maybe the guy was offered the amount because he’s not coached at this level? So what if he gets a big raise in a year or two? Doesn’t that mean he’s doing a good job?

Neither has venzy and we offered him over 5.  I’m fine with a big raise if he is whipping ass in two years time.

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 07:52:57 PM »
I am fine with a big raise as well if he wins.  I was thinking more of the optics of a low initial and just raise it later.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk