Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 264033 times)

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #2150 on: December 11, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
HAHA

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #2151 on: December 11, 2018, 10:22:06 AM »
I’d be fine with the TCU model, like two down seasons squeaking into a bowl game followed by two up seasons knocking on the door to the playoff.

yeah. Okie State has kinda been like this too.

this model only works when you have a coach who doesn't live year-to-year on the hot seat.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 11, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »
I'm glad we didn't let the old man get away with nepotism.  I'm so much a bigger fan of good ol'  fashioned cronyism!!  And does this hire mean we'll get a home and home with Pitt State?  THAT is a rivalry I have always kinda wanted..  Also his recruiting has been mentioned some and I'm certain he'll be able to pull out that 4* gem from the Badlands every third year so that's very exciting! Hail State!
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 11, 2018, 10:25:52 AM »
I’d be fine with the TCU model, like two down seasons squeaking into a bowl game followed by two up seasons knocking on the door to the playoff.

this model only works when you have a coach who doesn't live year-to-year on the hot seat.

yep. And Gundy's actually been way more successful than I'd pictured. He's won 10 games 3 straight seasons and 6 of 8 before this one.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 11, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
I am more than willing to see what this guy can do here, but make no mistake about it.......this coaching search has been a complete cluster eff and Gene is a huge dork.......only Klieman can save him now.

Lock this failure of a thread.

:dubious:

What part of the search was a cluster? The fans' conjecture and straw grasping?

We paid a search firm for assistance in finding a head coach only to hire the AD's buddy.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 11, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »

yep. And Gundy's actually been way more successful than I'd pictured. He's won 10 games 3 straight seasons and 6 of 8 before this one.

Was gonna say that. Gundy wins a lot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 11, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »
One of the reasons I got excited about LittreLL is because it seemed like he could be a Mike Gundy type.  Successful P5 OC turned HC.  Young, good recruiter. It seemed like he had a chance to be Gundy-esque.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
I am more than willing to see what this guy can do here, but make no mistake about it.......this coaching search has been a complete cluster eff and Gene is a huge dork.......only Klieman can save him now.

Lock this failure of a thread.

:dubious:

What part of the search was a cluster? The fans' conjecture and straw grasping?

We paid a search firm for assistance in finding a head coach only to hire the AD's buddy.
apparently so. there is just too much going on here to not believe that others didn't walk away from us. the whole thing is unbelievable. I hope he succeeds.
without some new recruiters i don't see how he can.
the ksu recruiters are not very good. his recruiters are not very good. the only thing that makes this work is if he makes a couple NEW hires that catapults recruiting. and i don't see that happening

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 11, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »

One of the reasons I got excited about LittreLL is because it seemed like he could be a Mike Gundy type.  Successful P5 OC turned HC.  Young, good recruiter. It seemed like he had a chance to be Gundy-esque.

Was he a "successful" OC? But yes he seemed like he could be a good recruiter.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #2159 on: December 11, 2018, 11:12:33 AM »
Tomorrow, Meadowlark will tell the story about growing up in Iowa and learning how to throw a football from LHC Bill Snyder at the Hawkeye youngster camp. Folks will eat 'em up K-S-U.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: December 11, 2018, 11:16:29 AM »

Was he a "successful" OC? But yes he seemed like he could be a good recruiter.

_fan said he has top 30 offenses at three different power 5 schools, but I’m not sure if he was lying to sell his shirts or not.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 11, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
chris klieman is the first ever coach to go from FCS to FBS and take over a lesser team.

gotta feel for the guy. this program totally sucks.

we truly are not worthy