Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 267359 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1650 on: December 09, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »
I actually did... along with 100s maybe 1000s of other fans that have voiced their disapproval of the NDSU coaching hire. You should read the news.. the fan backlash to the KSU admin has been widely reported.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es8dJ7gMWQQ[/youtube]
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 09, 2018, 09:31:50 AM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 09, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
The greatest thing to come out of this is the ND people throwing a fit because we don’t think their shitty coach is good and demanding that we want to steal him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're just educating you but like 5 years ago when we said we were going to come and kick your asses... you arent listening.

CK has ndsu at a historic ranking in the sagarin.  Ranked 15th in the recent.  10 pt favorites over oregon, 12 over Memphis and 22(lol) over that turd from north texas.

"Butbut he doesn't know how to budget a p5 budget.. butbut he doesn't know how to fill suites". eff out of here with that lolol.
does anybody give a rats ass about a sagarin rating?
We want to win games; be competitive against the elite teams and occasionally win a league trophy
i don't think a sagarin rating is in my top 100 desires from a fb program
if we didn't know from the outset who the next coach was going to be then remind me why we ran off Snyder?
also, i would also like to propose that our current set of assistants is probably superior to any set of assistants these candidates could bring.
so which is more important to the success of a program? A single coach= head coach or several coaches=the assistants
if we can't get a top HC then maybe we should try to make sure we have the best assistants we can get which just might be the ones we have
Fans of good teams look at it because it provides hypothetical analysis when comparing teams.

Fans of bad teams dont give a crap about it or don't even put it in their top 100 of reasons to hire a coach because they're losers who are used to losing so they don't know what winners do.
hey bro how many B12 championships has NDSU won?
how many New Years Days bowls have they won?
how many times have they beaten OU or texas or USC or michigan?
NDSU fans care about sagarin because they don't play big boy football and their fans like to hypothesize and dream.
KSU doesn't need sagarin because we actually play the games
rankings are for losers
the only ranking that matters is CFP final 4
every other ranking only matters to make fans feel good about a team that is not in the final 4
you can have you sagarin ranking
i'll go for a B12 championship trophy instead

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 09, 2018, 09:35:49 AM »
limerick post
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 09, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
My god, this coaching search has flooded goEMAW with browns

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 09, 2018, 09:46:54 AM »
This whole thing would be different if Bohl had any kind of success outside of NDSU. Although I get j rake’s point that the team really took off after CK showed up.
That's my biggest reason for hating on Klansman. His predecessor crap the bed, what real evidence is there to believe it will be different? Obviously , it could be, but the risk seems to high for me.

I think the biggest would be staff. Most of Bohl's staff at Wyoming had only coached at NDSU before Wyoming. CK's current staff looks better than Bohl's staff straight up IMO - they come from a variety of levels and have experience in more parts of the country.

I mean, the other thing is they are just different people and won't approach everything the exact same way. Gene obviously worked closely with both of them and we haven't heard Bohl mentioned at all (despite having that magic P5 experience). Why do you think that might be?

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 09, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
Idk about this Gene guy all of a sudden.  Bill decides to hang up the Nike Cortez’s and GT acts like he forced him out?  Now we’re hearing all this BS from the Bison motorcycle club Fargo chapter that Kliensman is the undisputed heir apparent, and we’re just supposed to go along with it like GT is some kind of prison shot caller??  Seems very prison shanky to me.
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 09, 2018, 09:59:21 AM »
My god, this coaching search has flooded goEMAW with browns

We're all so rusty at PI too, grown comfortable in our brown free bubble.
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 09, 2018, 10:18:17 AM »
michigancat is an amazing poster, youre lucky to have him, pay him whatever he wants and dont let him go
I could post just as well on an OU message board, my skills translate.

:D

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 09, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
The greatest thing to come out of this is the ND people throwing a fit because we don’t think their shitty coach is good and demanding that we want to steal him.

We're just educating you but like 5 years ago when we said we were going to come and kick your asses... you arent listening.

CK has ndsu at a historic ranking in the sagarin.  Ranked 15th in the recent.  10 pt favorites over oregon, 12 over Memphis and 22(lol) over that turd from north texas.

"Butbut he doesn't know how to budget a p5 budget.. butbut he doesn't know how to fill suites". eff out of here with that lolol.
does anybody give a rats ass about a sagarin rating?
We want to win games; be competitive against the elite teams and occasionally win a league trophy
i don't think a sagarin rating is in my top 100 desires from a fb program
if we didn't know from the outset who the next coach was going to be then remind me why we ran off Snyder?
also, i would also like to propose that our current set of assistants is probably superior to any set of assistants these candidates could bring.
so which is more important to the success of a program? A single coach= head coach or several coaches=the assistants
if we can't get a top HC then maybe we should try to make sure we have the best assistants we can get which just might be the ones we have
Fans of good teams look at it because it provides hypothetical analysis when comparing teams.

Fans of bad teams dont give a crap about it or don't even put it in their top 100 of reasons to hire a coach because they're losers who are used to losing so they don't know what winners do.
hey bro how many B12 championships has NDSU won?
how many New Years Days bowls have they won?
how many times have they beaten OU or texas or USC or michigan?
NDSU fans care about sagarin because they don't play big boy football and their fans like to hypothesize and dream.
KSU doesn't need sagarin because we actually play the games
rankings are for losers
the only ranking that matters is CFP final 4
every other ranking only matters to make fans feel good about a team that is not in the final 4
you can have you sagarin ranking
i'll go for a B12 championship trophy instead

just because K-States answer is less than 3 to many of your questions doesn't make KState some  "college football playoff" contender, dork.

you disrespect Sagarin and then rattle off some stupid ass questions that are slightly biased to what I can or cant answer for NDSU.  Hilarious.

Look. we all know KState isn't going to the playoffs with any of these candidates. They likely werent even if Venables wouldve taken the job. It is what it is. the hardship in all of this is you guys knowing where you are in the grand scheme of college football.
titletown..lulz

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 09, 2018, 10:47:04 AM »
What if a bunch of us emailed gene?  Could that work?
emaw

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 09, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
What if a bunch of us emailed gene?  Could that work?
mean gene doesn't check his ksu.edu email ever.

PM lakes for his hotmail.
titletown..lulz

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 09, 2018, 10:54:02 AM »

A year featuring an incredibly low overall turnover among power 5 coaches should significantly benefit any of the "middle of the pack" power 5 schools - there is a significant amount of seasonality/timing to this whole charade. Quite literally, as it's shaped up, K-State couldn't have asked for a better time to seek a new football coach with respect to other openings across the country.

In most years (hardcore reality), K-State wouldn't have a solid chance at guys like LittreLL or Brown or Norvell or Clark (just for JRake). Yet, there's a decent possibility K-State chooses Klieman - a guy who exactly zero Power 5 schools would legitimately consider as a head coach (for reasons articulated to the nth degree).

Gene Taylor made an absolute dogsh!t/give-up/woe-is-us hire in his first attempt at K-State (our current baseball coach).

Why expect anything different for football?

Thinking the stars are aligned so we have a once in a generation chance to hire Neal "Ben Shapiro" Brown is as small-timey as it gets

Let’s not nitpick over the relevant part to his general point. We are a solid P5 program with almost no competition for coaching hires this year. Yet it seems we’re about to squander that opportunity to hire a FCS coach that no other P5 school would even give the time of day.

Hell, KU, one of the most pitiful P5 programs currently went out and got them selves a name, even if that name is a tired retread.

Nitpick over the relevant part? He blew the entire post and premise up. There is no such thing as a homerun hire for most college football programs. Acting like LittreLL, Norvell, Satterfield, and Brown is silly as hell. Most hires made out of that mold fail too. Our pool of candidates would look the exact same any year we'd attempt to make a hire. The chance of any of these decent group of 5 coaching having success at any average P5 program is exactly the same, and that includes Klieman.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 09, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »
Is it being announced today? Anyone know? What a disaster if it is NDSU coach

Hey Clover, have you thought of emailing Gene about it?

:ROFL:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 09, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »

A year featuring an incredibly low overall turnover among power 5 coaches should significantly benefit any of the "middle of the pack" power 5 schools - there is a significant amount of seasonality/timing to this whole charade. Quite literally, as it's shaped up, K-State couldn't have asked for a better time to seek a new football coach with respect to other openings across the country.

In most years (hardcore reality), K-State wouldn't have a solid chance at guys like LittreLL or Brown or Norvell or Clark (just for JRake). Yet, there's a decent possibility K-State chooses Klieman - a guy who exactly zero Power 5 schools would legitimately consider as a head coach (for reasons articulated to the nth degree).

Gene Taylor made an absolute dogsh!t/give-up/woe-is-us hire in his first attempt at K-State (our current baseball coach).

Thinking the stars are aligned so we have a once in a generation chance to hire Neal "Ben Shapiro" Brown is as small-timey as it gets

Let’s not nitpick over the relevant part to his general point. We are a solid P5 program with almost no competition for coaching hires this year. Yet it seems we’re about to squander that opportunity to hire a FCS coach that no other P5 school would even give the time of day.

Hell, KU, one of the most pitiful P5 programs currently went out and got them selves a name, even if that name is a tired retread.

Nitpick over the relevant part? He blew the entire post and premise up. There is no such thing as a homerun hire for most college football programs. Acting like LittreLL, Norvell, Satterfield, and Brown is silly as hell. Most hires made out of that mold fail too. Our pool of candidates would look the exact same any year we'd attempt to make a hire. The chance of any of these decent group of 5 coaching having success at any average P5 program is exactly the same, and that includes Klieman.
One thing I like about CK is he's slightly different. Lower level experience but unprecedented success. IMO he has the most potential upside because of this

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: December 09, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »
What do you think this ndsu guy’s secret sauce is? 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 09, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »
I wish it really was just an X's and O's thing, and then I think MichiganCat would be onto something here.

I am concerned that the increased selection of training table entrées, and golf shirts (and the long sleeve shirts he wears under them) will baffle him.  Recruiting too.  Can't forget about that either.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »
you guys, i don't think emailing GT is going to work. instead, we should email klieman and tell him that if he comes to MHK we are going to TP his house SO HARD. DOUBLE PLY.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
What do you think this ndsu guy’s secret sauce is?

In a word?  Gumption.  Or, perhaps sticktoittiveness.   Though, I have heard it's oomph.  And, in some quarters it is reported that it's spunk.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 09, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »
you guys, i don't think emailing GT is going to work. instead, we should email klieman and tell him that if he comes to MHK we are going to TP his house SO HARD. DOUBLE PLY.

It will if 100’s or 1000’s of us do it. We need everyone with a computer or smartphone to email him right now. Make sure and use a call to action subject too.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 09, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »

One thing I like about CK is he's slightly different. Lower level experience but unprecedented success. IMO he has the most potential upside because of this
I think his upside is high, equally low downside.

If he can actually put together a good coaching staff with FBS experience, I could talk myself off the ledge. Tim Tibesar jumped up and his defense were garbage
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 09, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »

I think his upside is high, equally low downside.

If he can actually put together a good coaching staff with FBS experience, I could talk myself off the ledge. Tim Tibesar jumped up and his defense were garbage

I mean I think the floor for any of the guys mentioned is a roster as bad as our current one.

Also Tim Tibesar is completely irrelevant

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 09, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »
My point is that bringing a bunch of fcs staff makes it that much riskier. Tim sucked and IIRC was pretty good in the fcs. Who gives a crap really. I pretty much expect to hate whoever Gene hires. Never met him, but he just exudes a smell of a small time goof.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 09, 2018, 11:40:38 AM »
Wouldn’t it be fun if it wasn’t any of those three dorks?
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 09, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
Wouldn’t it be fun if it wasn’t any of those three dorks?

Leavitt is a fourth dork, and doesn't count as a non-dork, just FYI.