Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 264029 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1625 on: December 08, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »
Don’t be silly. Those all HAD recruited across the Arizona to Florida corridor in the past. They had the network structure to rekindle and invigorate. Klieman doesn’t. It’s big Big 10 and northern plains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a special password to get into high schools in Texas that other states don't have? Either way, if it really is that important he can hire an assistant with Texas ties. If the comes here we'll have at least half of the coaching staff staying anyway.
It's worth noting that Bohl only has one coach at Wyoming who had coached west of Fargo, and only two that weren't with him at NDSU. CK would need a staff with broader experience for sure

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 08, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »
michigancat is an amazing poster, youre lucky to have him, pay him whatever he wants and dont let him go
titletown..lulz

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 08, 2018, 11:32:51 PM »
Also, everything said about Klieman could apply to Norvell and Neal Brown, except they haven't been anywhere near as dominant. They aren't beating Texas or OU for recruits, either.

If you’re Coke and need to hire a new President, would you rather hire a VP from Pepsi or the President of a local soda company that is dominating in Fargo, ND?

Maybe CK is as good a coach as we can get, but is he as good at managing a P5 budget and P5 administrative issues? Like, does he even have any contacts he’d reach out to who could serve as coordinators or are we basically gonna end up with an FCS staff. That all counts for something.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 08, 2018, 11:32:57 PM »
michigancat is an amazing poster, youre lucky to have him, pay him whatever he wants and dont let him go
I could post just as well on an OU message board, my skills translate.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 08, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »
Also, everything said about Klieman could apply to Norvell and Neal Brown, except they haven't been anywhere near as dominant. They aren't beating Texas or OU for recruits, either.

If you’re Coke and need to hire a new President, would you rather hire a VP from Pepsi or the President of a local soda company that is dominating in Fargo, ND?

Maybe CK is as good a coach as we can get, but is he as good at managing a P5 budget and P5 administrative issues? Like, does he even have any contacts he’d reach out to who could serve as coordinators or are we basically gonna end up with an FCS staff. That all counts for something.

Of course I'd rather have the CEO of Pepsi, but I'm not getting that CEO. We'd be choosing between the safe boring Shasta CEO who everyone at Coke always hires and the CEO of on-the-rise Jones soda. Give me Jones any day.

As for his coaches, it's been mentioned he's coached with Frost at northern Iowa (which was a good program) and I've seen him mention networking at coaching conventions or whatever. And I'd expect a few holdovers from the current staff which honestly wouldn't bother me much. Prince got James Franklin and Raheem Morris because they coached together at FCS schools, I have no idea exactly who CK would bring but I don't think he's a dummy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:54:04 PM by michigancat »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 09, 2018, 12:26:20 AM »
So I looked at his coaches and I don't think any were holdovers from Bohl. They have coached largely in the upper Midwest but some have coached in Missouri and Tennessee and California. Two of them have coached at the P5 level. Now it would be a disaster of a staff for KSU IMO, but it seems pretty great for where he's at and shows he can make decent hires

https://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 09, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
So I looked at his coaches and I don't think any were holdovers from Bohl. They have coached largely in the upper Midwest but some have coached in Missouri and Tennessee and California. Two of them have coached at the P5 level. Now it would be a disaster of a staff for KSU IMO, but it seems pretty great for where he's at and shows he can make decent hires

https://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Lol at Courtney Messingham (formerly of Iowa St and Indiana) splitting time as OC and RBs coach.  And what’s with the promo video showing local wheat farmers hanging out watching the team practice?
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 09, 2018, 12:46:58 AM »

NDSU has kids currently on team that have turned down offers from:
Iowa
Missouri
Purdue
Minnesota
Boise State.

Klieman can recruit, he has a system that is successful and would work at Kansas State.
his team would finish near the bottom of the B12. most of his players would not get a scholarship in the B12. he doesn't recruit in the homes he needs to

He doesn't target and recruit kids that would win the Big 12, he targets and recruits kids that would dominate FCS. He does an incredible job evaluating, targeting, and landing recruits, and managing resources. He needs to know when to compete against schools like Iowa and Purdue (elite recruits for him) and when not to. That's a skill that translates to KSU.

Rusty with a good response. And Klieman would have no problems recruiting black kids. I know that’s what you were saying. I say this as a guy who thinks Klieman is 3rd or 4th on the current list people are trotting out there.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 09, 2018, 01:07:19 AM »
A year featuring an incredibly low overall turnover among power 5 coaches should significantly benefit any of the "middle of the pack" power 5 schools - there is a significant amount of seasonality/timing to this whole charade. Quite literally, as it's shaped up, K-State couldn't have asked for a better time to seek a new football coach with respect to other openings across the country.

In most years (hardcore reality), K-State wouldn't have a solid chance at guys like LittreLL or Brown or Norvell or Clark (just for JRake). Yet, there's a decent possibility K-State chooses Klieman - a guy who exactly zero Power 5 schools would legitimately consider as a head coach (for reasons articulated to the nth degree).

Gene Taylor made an absolute dogsh!t/give-up/woe-is-us hire in his first attempt at K-State (our current baseball coach).

Why expect anything different for football?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 09, 2018, 01:19:01 AM »

A year featuring an incredibly low overall turnover among power 5 coaches should significantly benefit any of the "middle of the pack" power 5 schools - there is a significant amount of seasonality/timing to this whole charade. Quite literally, as it's shaped up, K-State couldn't have asked for a better time to seek a new football coach with respect to other openings across the country.

In most years (hardcore reality), K-State wouldn't have a solid chance at guys like LittreLL or Brown or Norvell or Clark (just for JRake). Yet, there's a decent possibility K-State chooses Klieman - a guy who exactly zero Power 5 schools would legitimately consider as a head coach (for reasons articulated to the nth degree).

Gene Taylor made an absolute dogsh!t/give-up/woe-is-us hire in his first attempt at K-State (our current baseball coach).

Thinking the stars are aligned so we have a once in a generation chance to hire Neal "Ben Shapiro" Brown is as small-timey as it gets

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: December 09, 2018, 01:23:32 AM »

Thinking the stars are aligned so we have a once in a generation chance to hire Neal "Ben Shapiro" Brown is as small-timey as it gets

Let’s not nitpick over the relevant part to his general point. We are a solid P5 program with almost no competition for coaching hires this year. Yet it seems we’re about to squander that opportunity to hire a FCS coach that no other P5 school would even give the time of day.

Hell, KU, one of the most pitiful P5 programs currently went out and got them selves a name, even if that name is a tired retread.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 09, 2018, 04:42:47 AM »
The greatest thing to come out of this is the ND people throwing a fit because we don’t think their shitty coach is good and demanding that we want to steal him.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 09, 2018, 07:43:38 AM »
The greatest thing to come out of this is the ND people throwing a fit because we don’t think their shitty coach is good and demanding that we want to steal him.

We're just educating you but like 5 years ago when we said we were going to come and kick your asses... you arent listening.

CK has ndsu at a historic ranking in the sagarin.  Ranked 15th in the recent.  10 pt favorites over oregon, 12 over Memphis and 22(lol) over that turd from north texas.

"Butbut he doesn't know how to budget a p5 budget.. butbut he doesn't know how to fill suites". eff out of here with that lolol. 
titletown..lulz

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 09, 2018, 07:55:19 AM »
This whole thing would be different if Bohl had any kind of success outside of NDSU. Although I get j rake’s point that the team really took off after CK showed up.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 09, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »
This whole thing would be different if Bohl had any kind of success outside of NDSU. Although I get j rake’s point that the team really took off after CK showed up.
That's my biggest reason for hating on Klansman. His predecessor crap the bed, what real evidence is there to believe it will be different? Obviously , it could be, but the risk seems to high for me.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 09, 2018, 08:05:36 AM »

We're just educating you but like 5 years ago when we said we were going to come and kick your asses... you arent listening.

CK has ndsu at a historic ranking in the sagarin.  Ranked 15th in the recent.  10 pt favorites over oregon, 12 over Memphis and 22(lol) over that turd from north texas.

"Butbut he doesn't know how to budget a p5 budget.. butbut he doesn't know how to fill suites". eff out of here with that lolol.
does anybody give a rats ass about a sagarin rating?
We want to win games; be competitive against the elite teams and occasionally win a league trophy
i don't think a sagarin rating is in my top 100 desires from a fb program
if we didn't know from the outset who the next coach was going to be then remind me why we ran off Snyder?
also, i would also like to propose that our current set of assistants is probably superior to any set of assistants these candidates could bring.
so which is more important to the success of a program? A single coach= head coach or several coaches=the assistants
if we can't get a top HC then maybe we should try to make sure we have the best assistants we can get which just might be the ones we have

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 09, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »

Yes, it's the most bizarre thing I've seen.  It's like if we don't hire him it somehow doesn't validate they have a good team for the past how ever many years.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 09, 2018, 08:21:26 AM »
we absolutely could've hired Litrell and it had nothing to do with a "special circumstance."  It wasn't even like he was some slam dunk.

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 09, 2018, 08:32:20 AM »
the lit was too cocky.

Offline smacd

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 09, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »
I feel like ADGT Russia hacked us.

He's going to hire all his unqualified buddies to run the ship into the ground and run off with millions not caring about us...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 09, 2018, 08:49:37 AM »

We want to win games; be competitive against the elite teams and occasionally win a league trophy
if we didn't know from the outset who the next coach was going to be then remind me why we ran off Snyder?
also, i would also like to propose that our current set of assistants is probably superior to any set of assistants these candidates could bring.
so which is more important to the success of a program? A single coach= head coach or several coaches=the assistants
if we can't get a top HC then maybe we should try to make sure we have the best assistants we can get which just might be the ones we have
Fans of good teams look at it because it provides hypothetical analysis when comparing teams.

Fans of bad teams dont give a crap about it or don't even put it in their top 100 of reasons to hire a coach because they're losers who are used to losing so they don't know what winners do.
titletown..lulz

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 09, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »
Is it being announced today? Anyone know? What a disaster if it is NDSU coach

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 09, 2018, 08:58:02 AM »

I for one like sagarin rankings/predictors

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 09, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
Is it being announced today? Anyone know? What a disaster if it is NDSU coach

Hey Clover, have you thought of emailing Gene about it?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Clover

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 09, 2018, 09:21:01 AM »
I actually did... along with 100s maybe 1000s of other fans that have voiced their disapproval of the NDSU coaching hire. You should read the news.. the fan backlash to the KSU admin has been widely reported.