Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 263937 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1150 on: December 07, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
I think MIR is right on. There’s a big difference between an AD saying “here are the people you have to include on your staff” and an AD saying “Oh, so your plan as a P5 head coach is to bring an entire G5 staff who has only been moderately successful in CUSA? Well thanks so much for your time we’ll be sure to give you a call if we need anything else.”

I mean thats pretty much debunked in that Graham Harrell took the OC job at WVU last night right?    If he was part of the entire posse moving I don't see him bailing that fast.
Is there a link for this?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 07, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
I think MIR is right on. There’s a big difference between an AD saying “here are the people you have to include on your staff” and an AD saying “Oh, so your plan as a P5 head coach is to bring an entire G5 staff who has only been moderately successful in CUSA? Well thanks so much for your time we’ll be sure to give you a call if we need anything else.”

I mean thats pretty much debunked in that Graham Harrell took the OC job at WVU last night right?    If he was part of the entire posse moving I don't see him bailing that fast.
Is there a link for this?

I'd have to dig up the link.  It was posted on GMG this morning that he was being announced today and they were all giddy.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 07, 2018, 01:15:46 PM »
Mike Norvell of Memphis the new news.
Deets
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 07, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
Billl Snyder has been playing 4d chess for 27 years to get to this point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 07, 2018, 01:17:06 PM »
@Blackcats

What are your understandings of the timeline you posted.    KSA approved a contract at 4pm Thrusday for LittreLL?    And after that he bailed?    Was it because the contract KSA approved wasn't what he asked for?   Or he just had second thoughts?   

My understanding of the situation from Blackcats’ and others’ posts is that Gene balked at LittreLL demanding crazy high salaries for at least the OC position if not the entire staff earlier in the week. At that point GT began negotiating with one or more other candidates and reached an agreement in principle (including getting a contract approved by KSA) Thursday evening with someone else. GT then told LittreLL we’re going a different direction so LittreLL “withdrew” from consideration.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: December 07, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »
The meltdown at KSO makes this all sort of worth it.

I'm sure the brown parade is in full meltdown mode, I haven't been over there yet, but there's nothing more small-timey than giving Graham Harrell over a million dollars to be an offensive coordinator. I also want no part of an entire C*USA staff, that's stupid. The staff should have been a mixture of his guys, guys currently here, and guys from somewhere else. It would also be worrisome if he had the ability to bring his whole staff. If they are so successful wouldn't one of them be in line to get the UNT job and at least one of the position coaches be in line to get promoted to a coordinator?

i agree with all of your take but what you didn't address was the rumor that sean is being forced into the new staff  by bill.
it's one thing to say that SL couldn't bring his entire staff up and it's another to dictate particular members of his staff who happen to share the last name as the guy who the stadium is named after.

First of all, I'm not holding Bill responsible for any of this. IF Bill made that demand, good for him for looking out for his kid. IF the demand was made and Gene Taylor honored it, that should be a fireable offense, although I'd probably think that he got word from one or more people with influence that they're good with keeping Sean. If I'm an incoming coach, I want no part of any administration forcing me to keep a particular coach. I think it's perfectly in bounds for Gene to strongly recommend keeping a couple of guys, that's different than a requirement.

All that being said if I'm a new coach, I'd absolutely want Sean Snyder as my special teams coach.

the point is that the demand that Sean would need to stay on is a giant red flag for any incoming coach.  The "following a legend" issue is one thing, it's entirely something else when the legend hasn't really moved on and he's positioned to unduly influence what is supposedly your program.

lastly, there are a lot of ways for Bill to look out for his kid without further burdening the k-state football program. and my point has nothing to do with the quality of coach that sean is. 

bill needs to understand that our program does not belong to him regardless of what he thinks he sees through his cataract filled eyes.

I agree with all of that, but LHC Bill Snyder is in no position to be telling anyone what to do. If Sean is a package deal, that's 100% on Gene Taylor and/or Carl Ice.

Offline grainer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 07, 2018, 01:21:03 PM »

2. We were never going to have a great hire in hand because Snyder refused to make this a smooth transition. If he wasn’t so stubborn/borderline senile he could have said at the beginning of the season this is his last one and we could have actually locked up a contract before this week.

^^^ This.
If BS 2.0 holding the program hostage is ultimately responsible for this fail-to-hire, then he deserves nothing but disdain, and not the ball-sucking that he is actually getting from all of the ignorant, mediocrity-loving KSU fans, blubbering in their soup over all the Bill-cult sap.
Additionally, it makes him no different from any other rich old white man in the country, believing the he/they alone know best what should become of those that follow behind him/them, rather than allowing the next generation (if you will) the respect and courtesy of determining their own destiny.

Fini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 07, 2018, 01:23:53 PM »
Can you imagine being Seth sitting at home knowing you just mumped up a huge cash windfall?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 07, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »

2. We were never going to have a great hire in hand because Snyder refused to make this a smooth transition. If he wasn’t so stubborn/borderline senile he could have said at the beginning of the season this is his last one and we could have actually locked up a contract before this week.

^^^ This.
If BS 2.0 holding the program hostage is ultimately responsible for this fail-to-hire, then he deserves nothing but disdain, and not the ball-sucking that he is actually getting from all of the ignorant, mediocrity-loving KSU fans, blubbering in their soup over all the Bill-cult sap.
Additionally, it makes him no different from any other rich old white man in the country, believing the he/they alone know best what should become of those that follow behind him/them, rather than allowing the next generation (if you will) the respect and courtesy of determining their own destiny.

Fini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put out my stogie in the ash tray and paid my tab a long time ago. 
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 07, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
what has been going on ITT

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 07, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »
Some really great new posters are catching my (great judge of bbs'ing talent) eye itt.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 07, 2018, 01:28:37 PM »
I'm now making it my life's mission to hoping that Seth LittreLL sucks.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 07, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »

Read j rake’s breakdown. Mission accomplished.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 07, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »
Look, I get that the intertubes love a good conspiracy theory, but the suggestion that LHCBS is actively working--or actively worked--to undermine the K-State program he built with blood, sweet, tears and love is up there with the "9/11 inside job" and "moon landing faked" bullshit.

We can argue (and I'd agree) that he does damage by not retiring last year or by not staying hip for recruits, or suggesting that Sean would be a great HC, but that's not the same as some have suggested.

So let's stay a little bit on this side of "total meltdown nut-jobby" in our speculation, shall we?

:gocho:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 07, 2018, 01:32:34 PM »

Chances are probably pretty good that he isn't anything too special. I really don't care we missed him and am more nervous Gene will screw this up royally.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 07, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »

Read j rake’s breakdown. Mission accomplished.

Can't say I won't secretly hope for the same. Oh, and by "secretly," I mean I've already put up a "Litrell SUCKS" banner on my house. My Idaho neighbors are giving me weird looks already. Ha.

In a few years, when Sean Snyder leads our Mildcats onto the field in the Interstate Car Battery Bowl in Larned, Kansas, I hope we beat LittreLL's UNT squad by at least a safety.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 07, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
Can you imagine being Seth sitting at home knowing you just mumped up a huge cash windfall?

Gmafb he will win 10 games next year and have his pick of jobs. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ksu_mpa

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 07, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
Larned is a nice community.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »

Possibly. But probably get a similar offer and out 2 to 3 million in lost money next year.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1169 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:44 PM »
Depends on how he schedules.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1170 on: December 07, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »

You gotta wonder if he’ll come close to the money we offered though. I assume the other programs like TTU passed pretty quickly because they didn’t see the value there.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 07, 2018, 01:43:33 PM »

Not to mention next year's UNT team would beat Kliemann's Cats by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 07, 2018, 01:43:43 PM »
Is Leavitt still in the running?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1173 on: December 07, 2018, 01:45:02 PM »
Depends on how he schedules.
08/31 - Abilene Christian
09/07 - at SMU
09/14 - at California
09/28 - Houston

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 07, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
@Blackcats

What are your understandings of the timeline you posted.    KSA approved a contract at 4pm Thrusday for LittreLL?    And after that he bailed?    Was it because the contract KSA approved wasn't what he asked for?   Or he just had second thoughts?   

My understanding of the situation from Blackcats’ and others’ posts is that Gene balked at LittreLL demanding crazy high salaries for at least the OC position if not the entire staff earlier in the week. At that point GT began negotiating with one or more other candidates and reached an agreement in principle (including getting a contract approved by KSA) Thursday evening with someone else. GT then told LittreLL we’re going a different direction so LittreLL “withdrew” from consideration.

This is intriguing to me.