Author Topic: Detroit thread  (Read 962 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Detroit thread
« on: November 25, 2018, 10:41:25 AM »
Rusty's will certainly get more action, but there is enough room around here (particularly in the middle of a blizzard) for some great stories of Detroit and its wonderful people.

This one is an absolute delight, aggrieved small business owner takes on the mayor!

Robert Carmack is on the warpath — with Mayor Mike Duggan in his sights.

The 59-year-old collision shop owner seems like an unlikely adversary for the Detroit mayor. But in the last week, Carmack has shown the gumption to dig into Duggan's personal life and expose whatever he finds.

He pulled off a brazen stunt recently, airing surveillance footage of Duggan on two giant monitors outside city hall during the nighttime rush hour. The footage, which appeared to show Duggan visiting a woman’s house after hours, prompted the mayor and his wife to issue a statement defending their marriage.

“He’s in for a fight. Don’t mess with the bull, you’ll get the horn,” Carmack said between swigs of Miller Genuine Draft. “He’s a suburbian gangster. They don’t fit in in our town. We’ll kick his ass back to Livonia.”

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit thread
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
No clue who any of these people are but I'm taking Carmack's side just because he busted out a great Vice Principal Vernon line.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
Suburban gangster!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
If you don't watch the video of him in front of city hall, you are doing yourself a disservice.  There's a freaking blizzard out there! What else are you going to do?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
If you don't watch the video of him in front of city hall, you are doing yourself a disservice.  There's a freaking blizzard out there! What else are you going to do?

When I first read this, I thought it meant that I was going to see how he put the video on monitors in front of city hall while there was a blizzard and all the city staff and downtown workers were stranded there when he did it and had to watch.

Has the guy also put his video on youtube?  Might get more views that way than paying for giant monitors to play it in remote area for a short period of time.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 01:40:18 PM »