Author Topic: Clue - LHC Bill Snyder firing edition  (Read 12289 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Clue - LHC Bill Snyder firing edition
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »
You guys ever consider if the new guy is any good he'll be gone in a few years??  Not going to find anyone who'll stay 25 years.  :dubious:

wgaf? That is an extremely loser mentality, and very white midwestern heartland'y. "Oh no we must find someone who buys in wholeheartedly to The Wildcat Way and wants to live in Tatarrax forever and retire and move into Meadowlark during his sunset years." In many ways, someone who wins for 4 years and bounces would be good, because it would shake off the ridiculous burden so many of our tuck fans have unfairly saddled us with, which is the assumption that only people from the Snyder tree could ever win here. If somebody comes here and then leaves after 3-4 years of wins, great. That's 3-4 years of wins, and it inevitably means we'd be in a better position to hire the next coach than we are now.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:14:45 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
You guys ever consider if the new guy is any good he'll be gone in a few years??  Not going to find anyone who'll stay 25 years.  :dubious:

wgaf? That is an extremely loser mentality, and very white midwestern heartland'y. "Oh no we must find someone who buys in wholeheartedly to The Wildcat Way and wants to live in Tatarrax forever and retire and move into Meadowlark during his sunset years." In many ways, someone who wins for 4 years and bounces would be good, because it would shake off the ridiculous burden so many of our tuck fans have unfairly saddled us with, which is the assumption that only people from the Snyder tree could ever win here. If somebody comes here and then leaves after 3-4 years of wins, great. That's 3-4 years of wins, and it inevitably means we'd be in a better position to hire the next coach than we are now.

You evidently weren't around pre-Snyder.  Also, how'd that Prince experiment turn oit?????????? 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »
I think we can all agree that it would be a very good thing if our next coach did well enough to be desired by others.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2018, 02:30:10 PM »
I think a lot ksu fans are the incels of the college sports world.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »
Lol slackcat. :thumbs:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2018, 02:37:25 PM »
Snyder got us 2 Big 12 titles in like 20+ years? Even if every next KSU coach got stolen away after significant success here, we still have a decent shot at matching the marquee wins.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Clue - LHC LHC Bill Snyder firing edition
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »
Would absolutely take someone who does nothing but win for 3 yrs and then bolt KSU for greener pastures.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
The move is to hire someone that will whip ass and be desired by other schools, and for us to accordingly use the money we make from whipping ass to be giving the coach everything he could ever want all the time so that he elects to stay.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
Anyone who brings up the pre-Snyder days as if they are relevant is a huge dumbass. As if the small-money college athletics of the 1980s have a damn thing to do with today.
:adios:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »
Yes. KU has made tens of millions of dollars a year without having to barely lift a finger FB wise.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »
If it's thought by KSU administration that it's best for KSU for Bill to be gone, are they waiting and hoping he retires because they think it's important that he leaves with dignity or whatever or are they trying to save whatever it would cost to fire him?

Or are they FP's?

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 03:39:15 PM »
He has earned the right to leave on his terms. 

Anyone who brings up the pre-Snyder days as if they are relevant is a huge dumbass. As if the small-money college athletics of the 1980s have a damn thing to do with today.

So that's the best you have???????  Oh by the way, dumb ass is two werds.

Offline westernautosign

• Fan
    • View Profile
Clue - LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder firing edition
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »

Why, in the business of college athletics where it’s “what have you done for me lately?”, should he be allowed to leave on his terms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 05:23:33 PM »
If it's thought by KSU administration that it's best for KSU for Bill to be gone, are they waiting and hoping he retires because they think it's important that he leaves with dignity or whatever or are they trying to save whatever it would cost to fire him?

Or are they FP's?
They’re FP’s

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2018, 05:26:31 PM »
bill said when the players AND the school AND the fans want him gone, he'll leave

how many do we have now?

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2018, 05:28:29 PM »
Need a poll.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »

You evidently weren't around pre-Snyder.  Also, how'd that Prince experiment turn oit??????????
Need 3 data points for a shitty trend

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
OP:

Arrested leaving Vanier, next week, embezzlement charges, Gene watching from his car across the parking lot.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »

So, we either get someone who isn't any good. Or keep Bill because he'd be willing to stay for another 25 years. (Or both!) Problem solved.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2018, 05:45:02 PM »
 :peek:

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
If your options are small school young phenom, big time hotshot coordinator or big time guy that got fired
and assuming you think all would do an equally great job, I would probably opt for late career big time
fired stud for longevity.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2018, 07:08:22 PM »
So what!? Not hiring a coach because you think he'll be too successful and leave after a few years is probably one of the dumbest time I've ever seen posted on here. There are likely less than ten colleges in this country that have the ability to hire a coach for life.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2018, 10:18:02 PM »
Actually, I think the mods and certain ge'ers would be happy if we hire a succession of crappy coaches as KU has.  That way we would have something to talk about for the next dozen years or so.  Sounds great, right.   :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »

So that's the best you have???????  Oh by the way, dumb ass is two werds.

:ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
From most accounts, it sounds like Bill is entering the off season as business per usual right now. I think the team meeting this afternoon will give us a better idea if that's true or not, though. Hopefully he tells the team he's done, but if it doesn't come up he then puts the ball in Gene's court.

Hopefully Gene is prepared to release a "Snyder will not return to K-State" story either way, shortly after the meeting... I mean, 99.9% of America will just assume he's retiring, so who cares if he actually is, or it's Gene firing him. Just give him his buyout.

(I do not believe Gene will fire him)