Author Topic: Coaching Search 2018  (Read 34375 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search 2018
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »
This year will only be the third time Leach will have a better S& P+ than Snyder. Again I'll ask, what's the point?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
none of these people have any claim to the job.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »
Do not want Leach. :th_twocents:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2018, 12:29:49 PM »
A lot of you are either conveniently ignoring or substantially under estimating how shitty the P12 has been the last few years. It's 2008 nortard shitty.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »
If you wouldn't take Leach then you are a giant babidiot what.

1. Venzy
2. Leach
3. Anyone else
205. Some dork from UNT

Leach coming here would be EXACTLY the shot in the arm this blog needs.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »
I don't know anything about the new Pres/AD at K-State but hiring Leach doesn't seem very K-Statey

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »
I don't know anything about the new Pres/AD at K-State but hiring Leach doesn't seem very K-Statey

Also leach is hugely over rated
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
I am fine as a k-state fan with being consistently in the 7-9 win range with every once in a while being a conference champ threat

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
I don't think Leach is rated enough. He's turned over two dog crap programs in the middle of nowhere.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2018, 02:17:46 PM »
Who we currently have. Since he got to Washington State his wins number is within a couple of games, give or take, as Snyder's in the same time period. I looked it up like a month ago. If Snyder were to stay on in certain this year would be an aberration and most years we'd be at 6-8 wins, that's exactly what Leach is.

I have no idea what Venables, LittreLL, Kleiman, Satterfield, et al would do here, I'm certain what Leach would do.

I think you're underselling Leach a little.  He is pretty much 8 or 9 wins with the exception of a very rare high or low outlier.   I would be really happy with that, especially if the person doing it is offensive oriented, crazy, and younger.

I get what you're saying that Leach probably won't get us close to the playoff in late November ever, but I would still take him with such a high floor.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »
Who we currently have. Since he got to Washington State his wins number is within a couple of games, give or take, as Snyder's in the same time period. I looked it up like a month ago. If Snyder were to stay on in certain this year would be an aberration and most years we'd be at 6-8 wins, that's exactly what Leach is.

I have no idea what Venables, LittreLL, Kleiman, Satterfield, et al would do here, I'm certain what Leach would do.

I think you're underselling Leach a little.  He is pretty much 8 or 9 wins with the exception of a very rare high or low outlier.   I would be really happy with that, especially if the person doing it is offensive oriented, crazy, and younger.

I get what you're saying that Leach probably won't get us close to the playoff in late November ever, but I would still take him with such a high floor.
You're describing a SLTH.  Leach would be fun but I think it's pretty unlikely we make a move on him.  Maybe we should, but I doubt we do.

I really don't get why some people here are sour on Seth LittreLL.  I think he's as good a bet as anyone, and the beauty of it is, we're actually pursuing him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »
Remember when we thought Bill might retire last year and we did the annual who would we want excercise? How come LittreLL never came up once?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
Remember when we thought Bill might retire last year and we did the annual who would we want excercise? How come LittreLL never came up once?

The fake fair catch punt return was this year.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
You're describing a SLTH.  Leach would be fun but I think it's pretty unlikely we make a move on him.  Maybe we should, but I doubt we do.

I really don't get why some people here are sour on Seth LittreLL.  I think he's as good a bet as anyone, and the beauty of it is, we're actually pursuing him.

I think a floor of 8 or 9 wins is above SLTH level, granted that does seem to come with a ceiling.  I think we have a shot at Leach but I also think it's a longshot that we seriously consider him.

I don't hate LittreLL, I just think we're not looking at some better options we should be if we were trying to lock him down in October.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2018, 03:25:56 PM »
I don't know who I want, I change my mind every time I think about it. I have a list though. In no order

Lane
Brent
Sean
Seth LittreLL
Willie Fritz
Scott Satterfield
Dave Clawson
Bryan Harsin
Matt Rhule
Derek Mason
Blake Anderson

Lane is an exception to my never fired rule, he was 28-15 at USC.
Jeesh this is just the best timing to say something so stupid.  Our program is fracked

Who would you consider K-State's top candidates? Now and as of a month ago.

Leavitt, Sean, Beilema, Venzy.. Are all still just as available as they were weeks ago.

I'd throw in a guy like Seth LittreLL still being attainable as well.
Bring in Seth LittreLL at HCIW and he’ll bring Graham Harrell and that hot O for Sky guy.

Smack thwarted

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »
Well I’ll be, I guess he was mentioned.  Don’t think anyone was riding hard for him however.  I totally forgot about Lane Kiffen. That would be exciting.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
Well I’ll be, I guess he was mentioned.  Don’t think anyone was riding hard for him however.  I totally forgot about Lane Kiffen. That would be exciting.

I don't think he's quite as good this year but still WOULD TAKE. Maybe my top choice.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »

I don't think he's quite as good this year but still WOULD TAKE. Maybe my top choice.

What an amazing career, even just from reading his wikipedia!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »

I think a floor of 8 or 9 wins is above SLTH level, granted that does seem to come with a ceiling.  I think we have a shot at Leach but I also think it's a longshot that we seriously consider him.

I don't hate LittreLL, I just think we're not looking at some better options we should be if we were trying to lock him down in October.

Proud Paul is the football definition of SLTH.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »

Proud Paul is the football definition of SLTH.

Proud Paul is only solid long term at a football wasteland with low standards and lower self-esteem. He would have gotten gassed after 3 years at every other school in the country. Not only has he not been able to get a group of 5 job, but he hasn't even been able to get a DC job, he's white Ron Prince.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2018, 09:11:11 PM »

Lane kiffin would be the worst hire possible. He’s a complete mess. His own brother left his staff. He will flame out at fau and I doubt he will be coaching football in 5 years. Source- pretty darned good.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:15:27 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »
He's also a giant douchebag.  There are some pretty amazing articles about his journey from bottom to the top and bottom and top and etc etc etc.

DO NOT WANT!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2018, 09:29:49 PM »

Lane kiffin would be the worst hire possible. He’s a complete mess. His own brother left his staff. He will flame out at fau and I doubt he will be coaching football in 5 years. Source- pretty darned good.

Trust Daris on this

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:31 PM »

Trust Daris on this

His offensive coordinator is 24 year old Charlie Weis Jr  :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2018, 09:45:04 PM »
kiffin doesn’t even drive anymore if that gives you an idea about his ability to function. Like, he has a full time driver because he actually needs one.